Chapter 2 – Martial apprentice and training!
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day...

Juan woke up and got out of bed, did some morning exercises, and cooked food for something to eat. He finished eating and started training using the body tempering technique he had after doing all that, his strength rose again to 280 pounds. Every time he tempers his body through body tempering technique now only rises his strength to 20 pounds when the first time he did it his strength rose 50 pounds.

He thought "This is too slow, I need to find ways to get more resources. I need to ask Pedro later" he got up and took a bath then changed to new clothes to look for Pedro.

He walked outside his house and ran in the northwest direction to go to Pedro's house. While running on the cement roads he noticed that he already arrived at Pedro's place, his house was bigger and looked better than his run-down house. He tip-toed to the door then knocked three times and asked loudly "Tao Po! Pedro are u there?" Inside the house Pedro was surprised by the familiar voice calling him, he walked and opened the door for his friend and asked "What brings you here early in the morning? you don't usually come and visit me." while gesturing for Juan to come in.

Juan looked at his friend who was drenched in sweat and thought "he must've been training early, how hardworking" he scratched his head and said "I came here because I wanted to ask you some questions"

Pedro smiled then said "What is it that you want to ask? Juan didn't want to beat around the bush and directly asked, "do you know how can I get more resources other than waiting for my monthly rewards?"

Pedro laughed and replied "I can't believe that you don't know this, but you can take missions from the mission hall in the school or buy some from the shops" Juan nodded in understanding then thanked him and said goodbye. He walked out of the house and walked to the bustling market zone where you can find many shops that sell strengthening stones and weapons. After arriving he asked a passerby where he can find a shop that sells strengthening stones.

He got the answer and ran into a big shop named 'Hundred treasures shop' he opened the door and walked inside to look for what he needed. He checked how much money he had but it was only ten gold coins that he had been saving for a long time. I hope it's enough he thought, walking around he found the shopkeeper and asked how much money was for mid stones(for short) the shopkeeper replied that it was sold for 5 gold coins.

Spoiler

 

Strengthening stones  Prices
Low-level strengthening stone (low stones)  1 gold coin
Intermediate-level strengthening stone (mid stones)  5 gold coins
High-level strengthening (high stones)  25 gold coins
        ???       ???

I still don't know what to call them for short so please suggest how do I name them in the comment section below so I can change these later.

[collapse]

Gritting his teeth he paid all his wealth and bought 2 mid stones. Walking outside he reminded himself to work hard to get stronger so he could try taking on some missions that would give out more rewards.

Returning to his home, he started training immediately. He crushed the mid stone and started training his body using the body tempering technique. Dozen minutes passed and he finally absorbed most of the energy released by the stone. He stepped to the side and found a larger rock and lifted it for 3 seconds, he finally know how much his strength improved. His total strength was now 380 pounds and felt the power of his body.
 
2 days later he finally finished absorbing both of the mid stones he bought then his strength improved a lot and finally he reached his first step in the warrior level which is a warrior apprentice where you need to have 500 pounds of strength to be labeled as one.
 
He went back to school as always, when it was time for the warrior class again first they went to test their new strength but this time Juan went first. He went to the strength machine and punched it with all his might.
 
Ting* 500 points his strength has risen so fast that in 3 days that his current power surprised his classmates. Meg was shocked at first but then sneered and went to the machine and punched it hard. Ting* 730 points! And next was Christine's turn and she punched the machine with her slender white hands. Ting* 820 points!
 
After everyone was done testing their strength it was time for training again.
 
(Juan's POV)
 
I walked aside and did one cycle of body tempering technique, feeling my strength rise again and I went to check how much it grew. Ting* 510 points because I am now a warrior apprentice doing one cycle of body tempering technique can only raise my strength to 10 pounds. I guess I have to work harder and get more resources by taking on missions at the mission hall later.
 
Looking up I heard the school bells ringing indicating that classes were done and students can go home. walking by the wide and long hall I asked a student where can I find the mission hall. He said "just go to the end of the hall and take a right turn then you'll see a big place where people go take on tasks" I nodded and thanked him before running to where he pointed, there I saw a big board with many task and missions commissioned by the school. I then searched for missions that warrior apprentices can take. After 8 minutes of searching, I finally found a mission suitable for me.
 
It was gathering common materials for an elixir.
Spoiler

div>

Material Gathering

Materials:

Horned Wolves cores 10x

Moonlight grass stalks 10x

Reward:

3 mid stones and 10 gold coins

[collapse]
Moonlight grass was easy to find but they were troublesome as it grew near the horned wolf's area so a teacher in the school commissioned this task for students to gain experience and rewards. I went to the counter and passed the task to the girl stationed there for confirmation then after it was confirmed I went home to prepare for tomorrow. Walking outside I passed by the school gate and saw Christine beside me so I tried to strike up a conversation with the class goddess and said hello, but all she did was look at me for a second and left. I shrugged my shoulders and hurried home.
 
(Christine's POV)

I walked outside the school gate and I noticed that someone was walking beside me and he was looking at me and said hello. I was startled inside because nobody tried to do this to me and only stared or looked at me like a woman they can't even reach because of my background. I wanted to reply to him before deciding to not get close to him so he won't be replicated by the consequences of being close to someone like me so all I did was look at him and continued walking. I walked past and I saw him shrugging his shoulders and left for another direction. Sighing as I went back home to rest as it was almost nighttime already.

(Juan's POV)

After that small encounter with the class goddess, I directly went home to prepare tools and food for tomorrow's journey. Going to the kitchen I took some ingredients to cook myself a simple dinner then lied down the rough bed I had.

I closed my eyes and wondered.

Will I complete the mission tomorrow?

What would happen if there was an accident? What would I do if that happens?

I guess I'll never know, and I'll leave fate for that.

Tomorrow's going to be a hard day, and I can't wait for my first hunt.

- End of chapter 2 -

End of chapter 2 and this is all for this week, I will post 2 chapters a week and I hope I can keep it that way.

0