Chapter 3 – Danger and Rewards!
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello guys! I was bored so I made chapter 3 and I followed my friend's advice to make it more readable and nice. So enjoy chapter 3!

The sun comes shining through.

Birds were chirping.

Juan opened his eyes and woke up from dreamland.

The clock was ticking and it was already time for breakfast.

Seeing this, Juan immediately ran over to the kitchen to cook himself some food. After years of cooking experience, Juan was already very good at it.

As time passed, the smell of cooked food caused him to drool. His sharp nose suddenly inhaled and revealed a satisfied expression.

Breathing in the fragrant and pleasing smell of food, he ate them quickly as he had to head outside the city today.

After having his fill, Juan went to brush his teeth and took his big bag for later.

Going outside his house he ran then went to the City gates to get checked and record his information by the guards. When he was checked, he noticed that all of the guards were mid-level warriors.

A guard noticed his age and said "Another hothead looking to die huh?"

Ignoring his mocking words, Juan hurriedly went to the place where horned wolves reside.

There was no need to walk slowly and be careful because the strong monsters near the city has already been wiped out by the army and high-level warriors.

30 minutes later

He scanned his surroundings, in this rocky place is where horned wolves reside and stay inside the natural rock caves when it's not hunting time.

Peng!

With a crisp cracking sound, A horned wolf stepped on a twig and broke it blowing his cover.

Juan immediately stepped back, staring at the scary-looking horned wolf in front of him Juan took out the sword he prepared yesterday.

Clang!

With a clear sound of metal, he held his sword with two hands and waited for the wolf to pounce on him.

The wolf felt danger when the weak human in front of it was pointing a shiny thing at him so it barked at him twice then sprinted and pounced.

Juan was proficient in the way of the sword, he always used it when sparring with Pedro.

With the sound of dirt flying in the background, Juan rushed first and pierced his steel sword through the throat of the wolf.

The sword pierced the wolf's throat cleanly and blood sprayed on Juan's face. The wolf sounded out a weak howl and died. Putting down the dead wolf, Juan cleaned his bloodied face and cleaned out the blood to not attract a wolf pack because wolves have sensitive noses.

After he stopped the smell of blood from the wolf, Juan took out a steel knife and collected the horned wolf's horn.

2 hours later, he found many other lone wolves then did the same trick he did and finally gathered almost all of the horned wolves' horns that were needed for the task.

Juan walked inside the cave exhausted as he was too tired from the battles. After killing 7 horned wolves, he can now easily kill them with minimal movements but he was still tired from searching and luring them outside their caves.

Taking out some jerky, he chewed on them and felt full of energy.

It was said that moonlight grass grew at the place where horned wolves decide and sometimes they gather them at their den for food. Thinking of this, Juan stood up and readied himself to check the inside of the cave.

Holding his sword with one hand and holding a light stone he bought some time ago with his other hand lighting up the cave.

He walked deeper inside and found 10 stalks of moonlight grass growing at the end.

Walking towards it, Juan grabbed all of them and stuffed them inside his bag.

Now I have all of the herbs needed I should go find the remaining 3 horned wolves so I can go back home and train, Juan thought.

However, he heard barking and growling noises outside the cave.

He hurriedly ran out of the cave because he would be disadvantaged fighting inside a narrow place where there was small space for dodging.

Outside the cave, he found that there were 3 horned wolves waiting for him.

Juan didn't panic and instead, he was excited because he thought that it wasn't challenging when he was fighting lone-horned wolves.

Great! now I don't have to look for you guys one by one. Thinking of this, Juan was filled with the fighting spirit then held his sword with two hands and rushed to meet the enemies head-on.

With a sharp metal sword, Juan killed the nearest horned wolf near him then ducked quickly to dodge a pouncing wolf behind me and thrust upwards hard to pierce the wolf's throat.

Seeing this, the last wolf standing tried to run but Juan quickly caught up and beheaded the last horned wolf.

His moves were very graceful and were all very efficient in killing his enemies.

Juan took out his steel knife and collected the remaining 3 materials that he needed to finish his mission and go back home.

What he didn't know was that two people were watching from a distance away.

Christine was here training with her bodyguard and was surprised to see Juan killing 3 horned wolves easily even though it is a low-leveled monster.

She and her bodyguard watched him kill the wolves one by one and her eyes were sparkling.

He looks harmless in school but now he looks like a reaper this time, She thought

Her bodyguard saw this and so he couldn't help but ask "Do you know him, young miss?"

She nodded and said "Let's go back"

The guard nodded and took a few glances at Juan again to remember him then followed her.

The two of them quietly left.

Juan finished collecting the horns and put them in his bag and went back to the city. 30 minutes later, he arrived and the guard who mocked him a while back was surprised he was still alive but then said nothing and let him go back in.

Juan entered the City gates and came back to the school mission hall to receive his rewards.

He walked to the counter and passed the materials and the task paper.

"Congratulations on completing the mission! please go to the next counter to your rewards", said Aira as she notified who commissioned the task while pointing at the next counter to Juan.

Thanking her, Juan head to the next counter and saw Aira's assistant then he handed the reward list as she pointed at the side, the rewards were already ready to collect.

He collected the 10 gold coins and put the mid-stones inside his bag.

With these gold coins, I can buy 2 more mid-stones then he can train for 10 days straight and not worry about resources Juan thought.

So before going home he went by the market zone and saw the shop again then bought 2 more mid-stones and left the shop.

As it was almost nighttime already, Juan hurriedly restocked at the market to buy some ingredients and meat using his spare change.

He went home and cooked himself some good food before going to his room.

Lying on the bed he thought about his experience earlier.

I have to get stronger so I can fight stronger monsters and take on harder missions to get more resources.

As he was thinking this, he wandered to dreamland.

- End of Chapter 3 -

 

0