Chapter-10 { Death sentence}
203 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liu Kong stood still, his arms folded across his chest with a frown plastered on his face.

Liu Kong was not happy about the current situation,

He had been turned into an errand boy by Patriarch Liu and the others,

First, he had to protect that Xing bitch then he had to watch over her child. Now he to Deliver that same kid to this shithole of a place.

The elder running this place was in seclusion, so his deputy was supposed to meet him.

But no one had come up to him at all, Only the Qi gathering servant had seen to him up till now.

"How, much longer will that shist face take?" Liu asked the man serving tea to him

The man blanched at the obscene language and bowed toward Liu Kong.

"We have sent people to inform Master Gong?"

Liu Kong looked around the room he was waiting the place looked completely deserted.

There was dust gathering on the furniture and all around the room.

This room looked as if it hadn't been used in a really long time.

Liu Kong got up, Knocked over the tea set, and started to pace up the room muttering to himself.

A few moments go by, Liu Kong looks about ready to blow just then.

A middle-aged man wearing the inner disciple uniform with the red and yellow colouring

Surrounded by multiple women dressed in palace maid uniforms Came in,

smiled at Liu Kong, and spread his hands in a welcoming gesture.

"Welcome, Elder Kong welcome to our humble dwelling, what can I do for you?" he shouted.

Liu Kong looked at the middle-aged man inquisitively with his eyebrows raised.

a red light flashed in his eyes soon the inquisitive look was replaced by an angry one

Liu Kong flashed and appeared near the man.

Liu Kong raised his legs and kicked the man and sent him flying across the room.

The servant women and men were petrified as they stood still.

The man was on the ground, wailing and groaning.

Liu Kong walked toward the wailing man, bent down, grabbed him by the hair, and picked him up.

Hung him in the air, Liu Kong brought the man close to his face.

"Listen you foundation realm piece of shit do not address me as if we know each other, in fact, don't ever talk to me," Liu Kong said

Liu Kong then threw the man aside, looked at the servants, and pointed at the man serving him tea.

"You get me this elder Gong before  I start killing everyone here," Liu Kong shouted.

The man nodded and ran out of the room, almost tripping on his way out.

Liu Kong pointed at the rest of the group of servants and shouted.

"I said get me master meng."

Liu Kong unsheathed his sword with that a red energy burst around, killing the three men and one woman closest to him.

Liu Kong stood there huffing in anger, looking like a feral animal about to attack

The crowd panicked and ran out of the room. In the panic, two men were trampled.

Liu Kong looked at the trampled men and released his sword.

The sword flew at one of the men and beheaded him, causing blood to spurt out,

The other man became scared and started to run away, but the sword turned midair and flew towards him.

The man was fast, but the sword was faster. In a blink of an eye, he headless corpse too.

The sword flew back to Liu Kong and started to circle him and then reentered the sheath on his back.

Liu Kong looked around the bloodied room and smiled.

"Much better," he said out aloud.

Liu turned and looked toward the untouched corner of the room.

There lay a young boy dressed in bright red clothing,

The child was not affected by what had just happened. He was sleeping like a baby.

"Disgusting Xing prick," Liu Kong muttered.

Suddenly he felt a divine sense trying to probe here,

"Come out" Liu Kong shouted.

A man came flying in and glared at Liu Kong.

The flying looking very similar to the man Liu Kong just kicked and was wailing on the ground

But this man looked younger than the man on the ground.

The flying man began to shout.

"Liu Kong, have you gone mad..................

He was cut short by Liu Kong throwing something at him,

The flying was stunned, but he caught the object as he looked at it in his hand.

It was a red-gold medallion with the image of a star rising behind a yellow city.

Then he turned the medallion and found the image of a red rabbit.

"High command order token," the flying said in disbelief.

"Elder Gong I presume," Liu Kong said with a mocking smile.

The flying man nodded to shocked to speak.

"You know the sect rules, right?" Liu Gong continued to ask with a mocking tone

Elder Gong stiffened but nodded and bowed.

"Gong Yi xiao Guardian of the 'Emerald gold mine" greets the sect leader's retinue."

Liu Kong began to chuckle.

"Get down here we have work to do," Liu Kong said in a flat tone.

Elder gong descended from the air and stood Infront of Liu Kong with newfound respect.

"What can I do for you, my lord."

Liu became serious. He pointed at the child sleeping in the corner.

"Do you know him?" he asked.

Elder Gong shook his head.

"The sect wants you to place him with the mortal workers of the mining city."

Elder Gong was confused. If Liu Kong had come in to ask for better treatment for his junior, it would have been understandable.

But Liu kong asked him to place a junior with the mortals, which meant this was a mortal relative of a sect disciple.

"Within the mortal city, Elder Kong," Elder Gong asked doubtfully.

Liu Kong didn't have to come personally to tell him this, much less with sect Elder token.

Every single mortal relative who came with the person selected by the sect  as a disciple was thrown in the Mine city

These mortals were then used as free labour to collect the emerald mud from the mine, which was used to make spiritual mud to make the residence of cultivators.

Liu shook his head

"Not within the city but in the mines with pariahs and slaves."

Elder gong couldn't hide the surprise from his face. The emerald gold was an essential strategic resource.

Nearly all of the weapons and tools from the first grade to the third in the sect were made of emerald gold.

An emerald gold mine also produced two other products, which were also critical strategic resources.

One was emerald mud which, when processed, could gather the spiritual energy making cultivation easier.

It was just warm mud for mortals, so the set used the human population of mine city to dig and collect this mud.

The other was the fire emerald sand.

This sand was another crucial strategic resource as it was used to make red emerald jade glass used to make the jade talisman.

not just that, this sand was also mixed with emerald mud to create a better version of emerald mud

But unlike emerald mud, this sand was had a corrosive effect on mortals because of its fiery nature.

Mortals who came in contact with this sand wouldn't live for more the 6 to 7 years.

the heat radiating from the sand would act as slow poison, killing the mortal over time

Even though the sect could send its own force to mine this sand, the low-level cultivators were very ineffective, and high-level cultivators wouldn't do it unless they paid a high price.

Not to mention supply couldn't match up with the demand through normal means.

To battle this situation, the sect used a combination of mortal slaves and imprisoned cultivators.

So, sending this small child, there was a punishment.

it was no better than a death sentence

"Are you sure?" Elder Gong asked

Liu Kong just nodded.

Without waiting for Elder Gong to ask more questions, Liu Kong just flew off.

Elder Gong looked dumfounded at the place Liu Kong had just left.

"Why the haste?" he asked himself.

Elder gong looked at the token left in his hands like a disgusting object left in his hands.

Elder Gong then turned to toward the man still groaning on the ground.

Elder gong sighed and went to the man, took out fruit, and crushed it, leaking the juice into the mouth of the prone man.

The man stopped groaning and got up, looking embarrassed and angry.

"Father," he began

"Shut you good for nothing."

"Be grateful Liu Kong didn't just cripple you," Elder gong shouted at the man.

"Now come along we have work to do," Elder Gong said, turning around and leaving.

The man got up and stared at the place Liu Kong had disappeared.

"I will make payment for this; I Gong Yang promise it."

He turned around and went to the still sleeping boy, and started examining the child

"What a beautiful boy," he muttered.

Then Gong yang bent down and picked up the child and ran after his father.

5