Chapter 1 – I am the Strongest!
860 10 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dragon roared an earth shattering roar as my blade sunk in it’s shoulder. With one swift movement I managed to cut its leg off preventing it from running. Fear gleamed in its eye as it attempted to stumble off but I wouldn’t let it! 

“All evil shall run in the face of the Hero of Redemption hahaha!” I cheered gleefully. Proceeding to then plunge my sword within its head killing it instantly. 

Ahhh life is good, killing monsters with a harem of girls following you around, what else could I ask for? Ever since I came into this world months ago I’ve been fulfilling my anime inspired dreams. Annd well, these cheat abilities I got go a long way too. All things considered  I’m the most powerful in all of Gotha Continent. 

“Hey girls, did you like the show?" I chirped behind me where the three of them stood. To my surprise though instead of looking in awe and lovestruck, they were disturbed? 

“That was horrible..”  Allie said looking pale and downcast as Liz came to hug her.

Liz then had the audacity to say, “That was an absolute massacre Arial it wasn’t a fight. The dragon was just trying to escape the entire time.” 

“Oh yeah? Well I suppose that’s why you girls do better on the sidelines, and us men do the real work. I think it’s important for you to know that I’M who gets us these jobs and pays you,” I snarked back with an absolute venom. 

Liz could only glare in reply, she totally knew I was right. 

“Now lets move along girls, the tavern awaits stories of our wonderful success!” 

Conny who for majority of the time was silent suddenly decided to mumble something to what I said, “Im not a girl..” 

“What was that?” I leered at her for a moment. 

“It was nothing, sorry,” they barely whispered, once again beginning to shuffle awkwardly. 

“Perfect then, let’s go.” 

Arriving at the pub midday on a weekend typically meant lines or limited entry. But as the Hero of Redemption silly things such as that meant nothing. And so we all skipped the lines I relished in the jealous looks I received from other lowly patrons. Sitting down on one of the stools the barkeep gave me a ale quickly, likely in recognition of my status. 

Chugging back the ale I then slammed the mug down back on the bar table letting out a sigh. 

“Mann it sure is easy being the strongest, all of these chump monsters aren’t worth my time.”

Liz’s eyes for whatever reason appeared to sparkle in anticipation  upon hearing me say this. 

“Well y’know..” She quickly followed up, “There are stories of the Golden Dragon of the Mist being the strongest in Gotha.”

“Pfft yeah right I doubt that” 

“I-It’s true,” Allie shakily added on, “people from all around challenge her for the title.” 

“Her?” 

“A-ah, yes um she takes the form of a human with draconic features.”

Interesting, I could have more harem material if I defeat her, this’ll work wonderfully! 

“Well then, I guess she can entertain me for a little while in that case! Another title of my power wouldn’t hurt either heh.” 

The day went on while I sat around drinking with my harem. Although, Liz had a smug look on her face I couldn’t get, it made me uneasy. I convinced myself though it must have been due to her drinking with me, a true hero.

After a good nights sleep we began the trek to where this lady dragon was located. According to Liz she was somewhere in the high mountains north of where we were. The journey spanned over the course of three days, slightly rigorous with the monsters lurking about. Upon entering the supposed cavern it betrayed all of my previous expectations. Dragons are barbaric monsters in nature, and yet this cave is pristine. Torches held upon golden mantles, a fine red carpet lain on the ground, biggest of all a crystal chandelier of dazzling beauty. B-but I have better valuables than this anyway so.

Walking further into this lavishly decorated cave two large oak doors stood out from the rest. 

“A-ah I don’t think that you should-“ 

Ignoring Conny’s inevitable interruption I barged right through them with loud bang. 

Upon an intimidatingly grandiose throne sat who I could only assume was the lady dragon. Without even bothering to look she let out a strained groan proceeding to say, 

“Yet another pest has somehow managed to stumble in.” 

14