Chapter 2 – Power Reversal
708 7 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Without even skipping in a note of surprise or appraisal, the lady dragon kept flipping through her book. Her blonde hair shimmered a bright hue as did her black armor in an intimidating manner. Despite her athletic and battle ready attire, her beauty was unparalleled to no other beast I’ve seen. Topped with it all were her glamorous horns that curled in an upright confident manner. 

“Soo, what is it that you want from me mighty adventures?”  She sighed aloud in a rather silky voice. 

Taken aback by her evil charms but resisting well, I announced myself full heartedly saying,

“U-um well, I-I’m the Hero of Redemption! And I’ve come to best you for your title foul beast! A-also you will become part of my harem!” 

Her previous uninterested attitude took a sudden turn at the mention of my title, as all weaklings typically are enamored by my greatness! Placing the book to her left side she stood at her full height inches above me with a bone rattling glare. The room that had a warm and cozy atmosphere felt to drop several degrees on her graceful approach. I wasn't the only one to feel the sudden change as the girls seemingly backed off likely in fear, but I wouldn't scare so easily! 

"R-Right so um, you shall pay today evil beast I shall-", I began my epic speech but before I even was close to finishing she interrupted.  

"My name is Cassandra I am no beast, I believe that title would far better suit you. 'Hero' who's slain countless individuals of differing races in the name of the Holy Church, but to what means?" She spoke ever so coldly. 

"Uh w-well, those Monstrosities are disrupting the natural order of things, and they're killing s-so it was necessary?" 

Now inches apart I noticed she was yielding a dangerously sweet smile revealing rows of her sharp teeth. Yet, her eyes remained icy and unsavory looking upon me as though I were some sort of insect.  

"Haahh how foolish of you, they were people you killed with lives and children and now you wish me to be in some harem? Very well, but, upon your defeat it is only fair I have a condition for you to fulfill as well, no?

"Um, uh, that's really how this works because, well."

"Ohhh great hero I'm sure you have nothing to fear right? Or perhaps you aren't as great as you try to present yourself, a spineless coward of sorts." She chuckled aloud ever so smugly. 

"Y-you bitch! Fine you won't even have a chance winning anyway and once you lose you'll regret that!" 

"Perfect, now let's begin." 

In a flash even faster than light her fist hit my stomach winding me as fell to the floor panting madly. How was this possible? My amazing cheat skills I got through reincarnation they prevented unarmed attacks from dealing damage?  

"Awwe is that all that the big bad hero can manage? Pathetic."

Rage pumped through my veins, even if she could penetrate my defenses my offense is where I really shine, this bitch will pay.  Pushing myself beyond I began a flurry of strikes with my sword in a cross motion, dashing wildly. A strategy that truly took advantage of my speed before my opponent knew what hit them. But, somehow, mid-swing she caught my sword in one hand and began yawning as if she was unentertained. 

"You have no technique with your blade, it's just power, your ability must purely be sheer luck." 

Who does someone of her nature believe she is, this creature to think she is to belittle me? Like slamming my head against a wall of pure steel I kept using the same moves over again doing my best to ignore to jabs and jeers at my character. Until, my persistence finally payed off and an opening showed as she dodged a jab I strategically placed to her lower chest. Taking advantage of the moment even though it was bit of a dirty shot, I went in to cut her lower leg so she couldn't move and I could go in for the final blow. 

"That was your final mistake," she smirked with a surefire faith. 

Using the momentum of my thrust I was thrown across the room to where I hit a wall with a loud thud. Slouching down all of my energy seeped out of me to where even lifting my sword had been a tremendous effort.

"I-I can still g-go o-on cough, I, this isn't over," Glimpsing over to where the three of the girls now stood I locked eyes with them. "H-help me you all owe that much, I-if you heal me I can easily take this bitch on, c'mon already!" 

Rather than helping me from this horrendous situation their stares collectively became further unforgiving, without budging an inch. 

Liz was the only who spoke up amongst them to speak in a mocking tone, "y'know from the very start I did this so you would leave us alone, I knew you'd lose. And why should we help after all 'girls are better on the sidelines,' maybe you'll learn your lesson now"

"N-no, wait please I'm sorry I can give you all more gold if you want? We can have 20/80 split that's more than generous right?" 

Without even listening to my plea they began to walk through the doors, their backs facing me. 

"How about 30/70? Okay 40/60 is the highest I'll go, this is a limited time offer okay you get another chance!" 

The doors made a merciless click as they shut sealing my fate with whatever this creature now wanted to do with me. I began quivering somewhat pathetically knowing I was vulnerable for whatever she may desire me to do. 

Grabbing my throat and holding me up against the wall with a vice grip, she whispered deceptively softly into my ear igniting emotions unbeknownst to me. 

"Now my dear, this is where the fun begins." 

 

16