Chapter 4
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jasmine was done putting the glasses in front of everyone. Mindy one of the other girls she worked with got in. She motioned for her, when Jasmine got to her she whispered

"Jasmine, the boss said we should stand at the corners and wait for them."

Jasmine just nodded, she was too tired to argue. Her boss always did this, he would make them strippers/waiters. Not that their pay ever increased. The saving grace was the tips they often got from the clients. Some were too drunk and some show-off's either way she got the money that she needed to sustain her and Miles.

She stood by the corner and sighed if only Miles knew what she had to go through. She shook her head, actually, he knew but he didn't care enough to help her.

Jasmine looked up for a second and her gaze was found instantly by deep chocolate eyes, she quickly averted her gaze not wanting to cause any trouble, because trouble meant that it was going to get deducted from her salary.

She wondered when a day would come when she wasn't stuck in her own thoughts. Where she would be free and taking a break from all these problems that she had to face. That never seemed to get better?

Jasmine wondered how long this meeting would take, it seemed like it was going on forever.

When the meeting was finally done she went out of the room. She was glad that it was almost time to go home. Jasmine saw the manager dash to the businessmen as they left the building, she wanted to laugh at the sight of it.

She went and changed into her clothes, she took out her phone and saw that she had no messages from Miles. She shook her head and sighed in disappointment, what was she expecting? It would take a miracle for Miles to realize his mistakes and for him to even care about how she felt.

She shoved the phone into her pocket and made her way home. When she got there, it was already in the late hours of the morning. Which meant that she would have a couple of hours to sleep before she had to go to work all over again.

She unlocked the door and got in. Jasmine went directly to their room and she found Miles perfectly asleep. It seemed as if he didn't have a care in the world. No worries whatsoever. Obviously, she carried all the worries.

She slid into bed and closed her eyes. Jasmine felt very tired from the day that would start all over again soon.

1