Chapter 1
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Montegra was just like what mom said. It was a huge city. There were bright lights and tall buildings, and she had never seen anything like it. Even with no one around you could tell that it was busy during the day. Skylar's heartbeat with dread and fear as she looked out the car window. None of the cities she had ever lived in where like this.

This city was known to be for the rich, the ones who tried to become rich, the poor and for those with dreams they wanted to fulfill.

She remembered when her mom had told her the news about them moving. She couldn't even fake happiness. She had understood why her mom wanted them to move but nonetheless, it still hurt. She was sad to leave everything behind. Especially her friends.

She was mad at herself for this. They moved because she had a scholarship at the new school prestigious school. She couldn't turn down this offer because just like her mom had said. "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you can't miss out on."

Her thoughts wandered over to her two best friends, Milo and Maya. When she had told them the news, they thought it was a prank but when they realized she was telling the truth they were as heartbroken as she was.

She had spent her last few days with them before she had left. We had promised to visit each other. Yet she knew it wasn't the same as almost seeing them every day.

The car came to a sudden halt. Skylar climbed out of the car and looked at the house they would now have to call home. Why had her mom wanted to move so badly? Mom opened the trunk. "You can start offloading your bags, Skylar."

Skylar went to the back of the trunk and took her bags. They hadn't bought much stuff because this was their new beginning.

Skylar could hear nothing as it was past midnight. The moon was giving a soft glow which helped her to see where she was going. When she walked in the unfamiliar house, and she felt her unrest grow.

"Why are you just standing?"

Skylar covered her irritation. "I was waiting for you to show me to my room."
"This way madame."

She followed her upstairs and after turning. They go down a hallway and then she stops.

"This will be your room Skylar and I hope you like it."

She steps aside, and Skylar opens the door. She switches on the light and gasps in surprise when she sees what lies before her.

There was a sky on the wall that was painted with her favorite color, blue. There was a bed and a dressing table.

"What do you think Skylar?"

"I love it! Thank you, mom!"

"You are more than welcome dear. Now go wash up you have a long day ahead tomorrow." As she went to her own room.

Skylar decided to unpack her bags because she didn't feel tired at all. She didn't want the morning to come because the long day ahead entailed her to be the new girl at school.

After she finished unpacking, she went to the bathroom to just wash her face. She was too lazy to shower. She splashed the cool water on her face and then she took a towel and wiped the water from her face.

She looked in the mirror and saw that she was a mixture of her mother and father. She had luxurious black hair, a small nose, and smoldering brown eyes. People complimented her often on her looks.

She went back to her room and lay down underneath the blankets. She listened to the wind blowing but sleep still evaded her. She still couldn't help but wonder what types of people she would encounter at her new school.

She finally took her phone and decided to check for messages. She had a couple from her friends from back home. It made her heart very warm at the thought of her friends missing her. She smiled as she replied to them.

After that, she put her phone on the dresser and closed her eyes.

0