Chapter 11
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There you are." As Lola emerges. She looks at the two of them weirdly. Skylar grabs her arm and she dashes out. She doesn't look back as they walk past the crowd.

"Lola, I'm leaving."

"I couldn't agree with you more," Lola replied.

They both left, and she gave Lola a hug when she got out of her house. "We will talk later, I might come to visit you tomorrow."

"Bye, Lola."

When Skylar got home, she got underneath her blankets and she stared at the ceiling. The alcohol had started to die down and she felt like she would die every-time she thought that she had kissed Reign.

She wanted to switch schools and never go back but she knew that was almost impossible. She had to be smart about this and come up with a plan.

She drifted off to sleep.

She woke up the next morning to sun streaming and a headache. She never wanted to see alcohol in her life again.

Skylar saw it was two in the afternoon and she was shocked she had slept half of her Saturday. When she went downstairs, she saw that her mom was gone. She decided to make some breakfast and she felt like vomiting whenever she took a bite.

She spent the rest of her Saturday studying, but she wasn't all that productive. Sunday came, and Lola came to visit just like she said she would. They were sitting on her bed.

"Why did you want to leave the party?"

Lola sighed, "Tyler and I were kissing. Everything was going great until I told him that I wasn't ready to you know, go all the way. He wasn't so understanding. I pushed him off and I left."

She was shocked, "So that's it between the two of you?"

"I really liked him Skylar, and I am mad at the same time I want to give him a second chance to explain himself or at least come up with an excuse."

"Sorry, Lola." As she felt sorry for her friend.

"Enough about me, what happened between you and Reign?"

"You mean, Jessie and I?" as she tries to avert her gaze from her.

"No, I mean you and Reign. You both looked suspicious and you were breathing heavily. Wait, did you?"

Skylar cuts her off, "No I swear I thought I was kissing Jessie, but I was surprised to find Reign of all people."

"Oh shit, Karly is going to flip." Said Lola,

"No, she is not because she will never find out."

"How are you planning on covering it up?"

"You will see." As Skylar laughs.

They chat for the rest of the day and when Lola leaves, she has supper with her mom and she goes to bed. Morning comes too soon, and Skylar feels a bit nervous. She sees Lola and they get to school, and she goes to her locker to get her books.

She wanted to cry when she saw her first lesson was Maths. Lola keeps on laughing at her, they walk into Maths and they are one of the first students there. She takes out her books as usual and she tries not to feel nervous.

Her hope is shattered when she sees Reign and Jessie walking in. She looks at her book and acts as if she is reading.

They both stop in front of her desk. "Hey, Skylar. When did you leave on Friday?" Jessie said.

"Hey." She tried to sound confident. "I was feeling a bit sick, so I left."

"You should have told me, I would have dropped you off," Jessie replied.

"Oh okay."

"Morning Skylar." Reign's voice dragged out.

She was forced to look at him then, and he had a sly smile on his face.

"Morning." She kept it short.

The teacher came in and she felt relieved. They took their seats and she didn't hear a word. The lesson finished, and she went to history with Lola.

She didn't hear one word during the whole class. She was too nervous, and she hoped Reign didn't remember what had happened on Friday.

Break time came and she barely ate anything. She felt a bit sick and the bell rang, it was time for English. She got there, and she sat by her seat. She saw Reign coming and was shocked. Since when was he ever early for class.

He sat down, and he looked at her. He bites his lips and she shifts a bit.

"So how did you like the party?" Reign asked.

"It was fine."
"Anything in particular?"
"Not really, I was too drunk to remember anything."

"Is that so, it seems as if you have conjured up an excuse." Said Reign.

"I don't need an excuse for anything." As she became very defensive.

"I didn't say anything." As he seems to be enjoying the conversation.

"I know." As Skyla snaps.

"You know that passion of yours turns me on, just like on." Before he can finish Karly walks in and seats next to him.

"What were you telling her?" Karly asks him.

"I was just asking her what she thought about the party on Friday." Reign answered her.

"What does it matter what she thinks?" said Karly.

"She was telling me about what happened when the lights went out." Reign said.

Skylar turns sharply.

0