Chapter 16
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skylar got home and she tried to focus on her school work but it nearly felt impossible. She kept on seeing Reign and Jessie with those girls. She shut her book and decided to call it a night. The following when Lola told her that she couldn't make because she felt ill. She felt sorry for her friend.

When Skylar woke up, she realized she was late, and she ran as fast as she could. She got to school and she was huffing and puffing. She was already late for the first lesson and didn't know if it was worth even going to class.

She walked to the bleachers and she sat down. She texted Lola, and then she took out her book to read. She turned sharply when she heard a noise and then she saw Reign who was equally puzzled to see her there.

He started to turn away,"Reign wait."

Reign stopped and turned around, "What?"

Skylar put her book down and walked up to him, "I wanted to ask what's going on?"

"Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?"

"What do you want to hear from me, Skylar?"

"What did you and Jessie talk about the other day?"

"That's none of your business."

Skylar was taken aback, by the way, he said it,"That's true."

"Anything else?" Reign said.

"Yes, why are you ignoring me or avoiding me?"

"I don't have to always talk to you, Skylar."

"I am just trying to understand if you meant anything that you have said to me?"

"I think you know the answer better than I do."

"But you left Karly, so we can be together."

"No, I left Karly because I wanted to be free."

"Lies....."

"No, Skylar it's the truth and my tastes always change."

"What is wrong with you Reign? Even if you don't like me, you don't have to be so rude about it."

"If you don't like the way I talk, then don't talk to me."

"Do you really mean that Reign?"

"I do."

"I see." With that Skylar took her bag and she walked away. She decided to go back home, today wasn't her day at all and she didn't feel like seeing

Reign nor Jessie for that matter. The next day she was happy when she saw Lola was so much better and yapping away, she had truly missed her friend.

When she was done, Skylar told her everything that had happened.

"Damn." Was all Lola could say.

"I know right. I feel so hurt but last night I vowed to be strong."

"Yes Skylar, and I got your back."

When she got to school, Skylar went to science and she walked in. She didn't look at Reign nor Jessie, she went and sat beside Tyler."Wassup."

"Hey Tyler, you seem happy."

"No, the Sky."

Skylar laughed at his joke, she didn't know why she found it funny. She spoke to Tyler the whole lesson and he made her feel so much better.

When the lesson finished she went to English and she sat to the far left. She put as much space as she could between her and Reign not that it was much.

She took out her books and when Reign walked in talking to Karly she felt miserable, but she didn't show it, she kept her head down and she was hell-bent on not letting them get the satisfaction.

She pretended to be so focused but she was far from it. When the lesson ended she quickly got up and went to the cafeteria, and got some food. Then she joined Lola by their usual spot. "How was a class?"

"Dreadful Lola. But I got through it."

"That's my girl."When they finished their food, they went to Math and she was glad that Lola was with her and she could genuinely laugh, and she was distracted. They went and changed for gym. Today they were doing laps and she was slacking behind.

She was going to be last but Reign, Jessie, Karly, and her minions were all walking so she was at least ahead of them."Are you okay?" Lola asked.

"Yeah, just a bit winded."Skylar wished she had eaten during break or drank something, she was too concerned. So she had ended up picking on her food.

When she saw Lola going a bit faster, and she could from the corner of her eye that Reign and they were very close she could hear their voices. She picked up her pace and then she started to see black dots.

She stopped running and crouched down. When she could hear Reign and them she got up and started to run again she couldn't be last. But when she took her second step everything went black and she knew she hit the ground. She could hear voices.

"Skylar, are you okay?"The voice was familiar but she couldn't place it, then she felt herself being lifted off the ground and she smelt the familiar scent, but she was too weak and she let herself go.

0