Chapter 12
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where was she? She looks around at the unfamiliar place that she was at.

"You are safe." as a figure comes through the door. 

Wait a minute is that "Lucas?"

"I'm glad you can now recognize my voice." As she sees his silhouette. 

"What happened?" he takes a pillow and he elevates her with it. After some time, Lucas had told her everything that had happened to her.

The more he explains the more everything comes back to her to mind. She can't help but to clench her fists.

"Why did it have to be you of all people to save me?" as she tries to stop the trembling.

"Because I care for you, Olivia."

She was grateful that he had saved her once again. Olivia couldn't believe that Khloe went that far. How much had she hated her all along? Was their friendship even real? She wanted revenge, to see Khloe with her boyfriend behind bars for sure.

She would get a divorce eventually. There was a solution to this after all.  At least, for now, she could rest and not worry about going to the streets at night or meeting weird people. 

She shouldn't be mean to him as her life was in his hands. Literally he had saved her at her lowest.

"I bought you food." He places a plate on her lap and she digs into the meal whilst he takes a chair and places it next to her bed, and he also starts eating his meal.

"Did you drive us home?" when he comes back.

 "Yes, you got discharged but you kept on falling asleep because of the morphine."

" Where are we?"

"We are in the countryside. I thought it would be better if we moved here and get some countryside fresh air."

"How far are we from civilization?"

"Very far Olivia. So don't worry we are safe here. I will show you around when you get better."

Worried? What the hell? I don't want to be at some farm with a guy I met just now! This would make it a whole lot harder to leave! Calm down, Olivia.

"I didn't know that you had this many properties?"

"It's because you have never asked. I have always planned to move here, and I have everything that I need with me and I knew it was time."

After talking for some time she feels drowsy again.

 "Lie down you have been up for way longer than you should have been."

Lucas had tried to not let it bother me the way Olivia had looked so done at the fact that we were in the countryside. Surely, she would warm up to him. He wanted them to be somewhere with fresh air.

A new start is what she needed. Also a place where she could be safe. Yet his heartfelt very heavy when he had seen her fists clenched. 

Days pass and it is very hard to communicate with her. She doesn't say very much. It seems as if she is in her own world

She was looking a bit better than when she got here.

He always leaves her at a certain time so that he can go paint. The one thing that bothered him was the fact that she bottled up what had happened that day. She didn't let it out, he had assumed what had happened on that day but he couldn't be fully sure. If she wanted to tell him, she would eventually.

He needed to show her that she could trust him. But that would take time. He would wait for her heart to soften so that she could let him in.

Lucas comes back at lunch time and he finds her sitting upright. He doesn't think she even notices him.

"I'm bored and I can't stand this. Can I go outside or do something at least?"

"Okay, we can have lunch outside." As he is shocked that she actually did notice when he came back.

When he finishes setting up food outside, he comes back inside and helps her out the bed. "I can walk on my own you know." As she pushes his arm away. They get to the front porch where the table is set up. He opens her chair for her and she sits down.

"This feels so much better than being stuck in the house the whole day you know." As she takes in her surroundings. There are a dust road and a forest. It looked very calm and peaceful. It was as if they were in the middle of nowhere.

"Do we even have any neighbors?"

"Not that I know of. I haven't been here much but that's going to change now."

Her only source of companionship was him?

"I guess it's just the two of us." as she sighs.

"Yes, and we are going to get to know each other."

"Oh, I am so excited to get to know you." as she doesn't try to hide the sarcasm. Which he ignores as he carries on dishing up food for them.

She takes a sip of the orange juice and it tastes so fresh. "You seem to be enjoying the juice." As he smiles at her.

"It tastes nice" as she looks away. She wasn't going to admit that this the best orange juice that she ever had.

"When you are up to it, I will teach you how to make it. It is simple"

"You made it yourself?"

"Yes. There are about five orange trees up there and they make very sweet oranges," said Lucas.

"How do you water them?"

"There is a waterfall."

"Oh okay."

"We can take a walk when you are feeling much better."

"What choice do I have?"

The fresh air was truly refreshing. It felt nice to sit and to forget the other worries that she had. "Try some." She turns and finds that he has dished up the food. She takes a bite and she must say he always has been a great cook.

"Do you like it?" he looks at her with hopeful eyes. 

"Yes I do." she scuffs down the rest of her food. "I hope you are not full because I have some dessert." She looks up and it's chocolate cake. How could she resist such a delicacy?

She scoops a piece and forks it into my mouth. This food was way much better than the food that she used to eat. She couldn't afford delicacies such as this because she was on a tight budget. Thinking that Khloe and her would save up the money and leave. But she was stupid enough to believe her. she was always planning on something else from the get-go when to think about it.

"Don't you like it?" she is bought back to reality by his voice.

"No, I do." As she forks another spoonful into her mouth. It feels as if she is swallowing her anger with it. When she is done she sits back and lets the sun hit her face.

Olivia felt a bit drowsy, that's what happened when she ate too much. What automatically came next was a nap. She closes her eyes and drifts off.

She opens them again and the sun has lowered. She turns to look for Lucas and there he is with paint brushes and he is painting.

"What are you doing?" as she stretches.

"You looked peaceful whilst you were sleeping so I decided to paint you."

"You are painting me?" as she gets up and goes to stand behind him. She looks at the painting and it is beautiful. He had painted her so beautifully. She looked so peaceful and innocent. This was completely false she didn't deserve to be drawn like that because she was far too tainted by this world to be seen in this manner.

She turns away, "Don't you like it?" as he grabs her hand which stops her from turning away. "Fine, how do you feel about it?"

"I don't know."

"Fine what was the first thing that came into mind when you saw the painting." And she can see that he really wants an answer.

"I don't know."

"Why don't you?" he seems genuinely concerned. "I'm just don't know okay. So drop it Lucas!"

as she sighs.

He gets up and stands in front of her, "It's going to take time."

"What?." As it just bursts out of her.

"Why Olivia don't you want to?" as he searches her face. 

"That's not any of your business I'm afraid.

"Well, the feeling is all not bad you know. You are denying yourself love, happiness, and all these wonderful things."

"Its because you look at the other side where it's just all rainbows and sunshine. Well, life isn't that way if you don't protect yourself no one else will."

"That's true, you do need to protect yourself from the wrong people. With the right people, you don't have to put up walls and struggle by yourself."

"Well, I prefer it like that! And soon you will see that I am not the type of person you think I am."

"You are right, Olivia. I think you are going to be way better than I expected you to be. I can't wait to learn new things about you."

"Well, you are going to be disappointed because there is not much to learn about me. What you see is what you get."

His hand slid down her arm as he held her hand. He starts to play with the ring. "It suits you well."

"What does?"

"Being my wife." 

"I don't think I agree. We haven't been married for that long."

"I know but it feels right living with you this way."

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

"You always say that Olivia, but I can tell that you are in a different place at times. You are here but you are actually not here."

"I will try more to be here." 

He turns her face back and he places a kiss on her cheek. How could he stand her when she looked like this? Don't overthink, don't overthink Olivia!

Why did he have to look at her as if she was the moon and the stars?

Hey add me on instagram: tanz.v

Facebook: taniashava

0