Chapter 18
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Olivia had realized that it was no use is trying to seduce Lucas. He didn't want her in that way, and that made her feel something. This was the first time that a guy had treated her as if she was worth something.

He waited for her as if she was worth something and her heart wasn't used to being treated as such. Lucas was very patient with her, he helped her with stuff that she couldn't do.

She liked living with him, he was different. Even Bernard wasn't bothering her at all and she felt happy about that.

When he went painting and she would go into Lucas's room so that she wouldn't have to encounter Bernard. She wasn't in the mood to make small talk or fake anything for that matter.

Dinner was served, and she waited for them to pray when they were done, she picked up her fork with them and began eating.

"I have a surprise for you Lucas." Bernard said.

Lucas smiled at him, "What is it?"

"I have bought some land close by you. It is a ten to fifteen-minute walk. So, I am going to be living close to you."

"That's great." As Lucas shared his delight with him.

Olivia's heart sank at the news, even though he didn't bother her she knew he didn't like her. Maybe she was wrong.

"When are you going to move in?" Lucas said.

"soon, actually I am going to sort out the arrangements so that they can move my stuff. I should be in, in a month's time."

"I am happy for you, shout if you need anything." Lucas said.

Olivia had lost her appetite completely, but she couldn't let it show, she forced bites of food into her mouth, but it was all tasteless.

When supper was done, she went to the kitchen to wash the dishes. She wanted to be alone, she felt as if she was suffocating. She would leave soon, but why was the thought of leaving bothering her?

She realized that she enjoyed staying with Lucas. She sighed, and she finished up cleaning, she went and lay down.

She thought Lucas was asleep, but he turned to her, "What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"Nothing." She replied.

"It's not nothing, something is bothering."

She didn't answer him, what could she say? That she didn't like his friend moving in with them? That she wanted it to be just the two of them.

Lucas pulled her into his arms and she put her arms around him. She wanted to see what would happen.

She felt very safe at the way his arms enfolded her, and something else. She felt cherished and for the first time in her life she wanted to stay in a men's arm.

Lucas was dangerous to her now, she didn't want to feel safe or what not. He was really genuine, and he kept to his word. She could hear that he had fallen asleep, she pushed herself more into him and she nuzzled against him.

She would hold on to him just for today at least. 

0