Chapter 16
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amelia opened her eyes and the sun was streaming in. She felt sick, and she opened her eyes fully to find a sleeping Mason. So this is what it felt like to wake up next to him.

Amelia groaned inwards, what was wrong with her? This would all make it seem as if she was irresponsible. She felt embarrassed about how she had acted last night.

She climbed out of his bed and she nearly made a noise when she realized that she wasn't wearing any pants and she was wearing one of his shirts. She snuck out of his room and she turned back once to see that he was still sleeping, which he was.

Amelia got to her room and went straight to the bathroom, she definitely needed a shower after the night that she had. She undressed completely and let the water wash away everything.

The vomit, the smoke that had lingered in her hair, after a good twenty minutes when she felt that the shower had sunk into her skin, she hopped out the shower.

She wrapped a towel around herself and went to blow dry her hair. When she was done she put on a plain t-shirt and shorts. She went to the kitchen got some water and some fruit. She didn't have much of an appetite but she had to put something in her stomach so that she could drink some painkillers.

She finished her fruits and took some painkillers for the headache that was finishing her. She headed back into her room and climbed into bed. She felt pretty exhausted, going out had completely drained her. She would wake up later and sort everything out.

Amelia lay in bed and not much later she had gone to the dream world,

"Amelia."

Amelia opened her eyes, "James you are back."

"You look like shit pebbles."

"You don't have to rub it in."

"I heard you had an event last night," James replied.

Amelia's eyes widened, "I..."

"You don't have to tell me, Mason told me that he heard you come back. At least you were awake when he came back. So how was it?"

Amelia nodded, so Mason hadn't told James the whole story about the fiasco that she had caused and that she had slept in his room, "It was fun, just the regular you know. Drinking and dancing."

"Fine I get it, you don't want to tell me but you should get up and eat something it's late," James replied.

"What time is it?"

"It's half-six at night pebbles."

Amelia's jaw dropped, she had slept for so long, since this morning.

"Don't worry pebbles you will get used to it. I just wanted you to eat something and then you can get back to sleep."

Amelia groaned as she sat up, "I guess I could eat." A thought hit her. "Where is Mason?"

"He is getting ready for the get-together we are having here."

"You are having a get-together?"

James rubbed the back of his head, "Oh yeah we are having a get-together."

Amelia hit him on the arm, "Get out."

James laughed as he made his way out of her room,

Amelia searched for her phone and found it, she saw that she had so many missed calls from Cindy. She dialed her back,

"Amelia! Finally."

"Sorry Sin. I technically just woke up."

"Go figure, you were hammered last night," Cindy replied.

"I figured."

"I need to know what happened between you and Mason."

"It's not what you think, tell you what let's go for dinner and see a movie."

"Are you sure you are up to it Mea?"

"Yes. I need to avoid someone. So I need to."

"Okay let's go to Bluemont Mall," Cindy replied.

"Great, let's meet in an hour."

When Cindy hung up Amelia got up and started to get ready she would take a cab there. She checked the time and it was seven at night. She could people arriving for Mason and James get together.

She opted to wear jeans, a tank top, and a sweater on top, and some sneakers. She tied her hair into a ponytail, she would walk out unnoticed and hopefully avoid a certain someone who had changed her last night.

Amelia groaned, why did she put herself in that situation. She took her card, some cash and headed out. When she got to the living room it was a bit full and some of the people were outside. Okay walk unnoticed, no one should see me. People seemed to be in a deep conversation, so this shouldn't be too bad.

Amelia walked looking down,

"Pebbles where are you going?"

Amelia stopped walking, why did James have to draw attention to her, she turned to him and saw that Mason was standing next to him, and some girls.

Amelia didn't make eye contact with Mason, she looked at James only, "I'm going to see a movie with a friend."

James nodded, "Do you need a ride?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Are you sure Pebbles, I could take you," James replied.

"No, really it's fine. Bye, I will see you."

Amelia could see from her peripheral view that Mason wanted to say something and she turned quickly and left. She saw the cab and went in.

"Amelia."

Amelia saw that Mason was calling,

"Go, go," she told the cab driver.

"I think he is calling you mam." the cab driver replied.

"I know, that's why I'm saying you should go!"

The cab pulled out, and Amelia pretended not to see Mason waving at her to wait.

0