Chapter 17
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amelia breathed out in relief when they were out of view, she was too embarrassed to see Mason and she would try to avoid him for a couple of weeks? a month.

She scratched her head in frustration,

"Are you okay mam?" the cab driver asked concerned,

"Don't mind me," Amelia replied. She must look like a madwoman in the state that she was in. Whatever as she straightened her shoulders out. There was no need for her to cry over spilled milk, it had already happened and nothing she could do would turn back time and erase the humiliation that she was feeling.

Amelia tilted her head in thought, Mason didn't tell James about what happened. Was he punishing her? For it to eat her up? Did he want to be there when she told him? What was his motive for not telling James?

Did he want to blackmail her? To have something over her head? But what would he want in return for helping her and not telling James? What if he got drunk tonight and told James? Should she have not left? That's absurd, how long would she stalk him for?

If James found out that she had shared a bed with Mason, he wouldn't be too thrilled but he had to understand the circumstances that she was under and what lead her to that.

She would speak to Cindy and get her feedback on what she thought she should do. Yeah, that was a better idea, she would have to hear someone else's input on this matter before making the final verdict.

When they pulled into the mall, Amelia took a couple of bills and paid the driver, she went to their meeting place and waited for Cindy to show up.

"Mea!"

Amelia turned to Cindy, and when she finally got to her they hugged,

"I hope you are starving because I'm famished."

"Definitely where should we go?" Cindy asked,

"Are burgers fine? I'm craving one."

"When is it ever a bad day to get a burger?" Cindy replied.

They giggled and went to Lavista, a place where they sold gourmet burgers and so much more. They chose to sit by the corner where they could chat in peace.

After ordering their drinks, Cindy turned to her eagerly, "Tell me everything that happened between you and Mason."

"Before I explain that could you tell me how I got home, I kind of was blacking out as you saw."

Cindy nodded, "I saw that things were getting out of hand but I couldn't take you to the hospital as they would call your parents and I'm sure that's the last thing you would want. I know that's what I wouldn't want,"

Amelia nodded in agreement, if her parents knew what she was doing this would not end well, it would also bring trouble to James as to why he had let her go out? And where was he? There would be too many complications and she didn't want to go back home and live with her parents. As much as she loved them, they were too much to deal with at times.

"We drove you to your place, and one of the guys I forget their names carried you out and I rang the doorbell. Mason opened it the third time, and I apologized for disturbing him as a blonde came up behind him. I asked where your room was so we could place you down and not disturb Mason with whatever he was doing with the blonde but Mason immediately took you in his arms and he looked a bit pissed at the state you were in. The blonde was complaining and Mason kicked her and basically us out."

Amelia nodded, "That's what happened."

"Your turn," Cindy asked eagerly.

"Before I start I need you to listen with the intention of giving me advice and judgment on a decision that I will need to make."

"You got it!" Cindy replied.

Their drinks came and they ordered some food,

When the waiter left, Amelia began her tale of events that had happened, she told Cindy everything from waking up in the middle of the night, vomiting, and Mason taking care of her and not telling James and her avoiding him tonight.

Cindy nodded, she was taking everything in that she was saying and when Amelia was done she waited for her to respond with her input.

Their meal arrived before Cindy could arrive and their stomachs grumbled,

"Let's eat first and then we can have a full-length discussion. I have a lot of questions to ask and I will tell you what I think."

Amelia nodded she was too hungry to wait and so they dug into their food, and they were both thankful for the meal that they were eating.

0