Chapter 18
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's understandable, but for how long do you plan on avoiding him? I mean you live in the same house and all you are bound to run into him." Cindy replied.

"I know but I will talk to him when I'm ready and the situation has faded away. For now, I'm going to keep on the low, and hopefully, he will have his eyes on the new girls that he always has."

"That plan sounds so bulletproof like nothing could go wrong," Cindy replied sarcastically."I need your help, not your sarcasm you know,"

"Face him head-on Amelia, you didn't do much wrong, you just had a few drinks, and he was the one who decided to take care of you, it was his choice. So he can't really blame you when he bought this onto himself."

Amelia nodded, catching Cindy's drift, "You are right, I didn't force him he did it himself and I have no reason to hide!"

"That's the spirit." Cindy replied, "But what do you think he wanted to say to you before you left the house?"

"That I'm not quite sure, did he want me to thank him? Or maybe that I had just left without a word? I really don't know if I'm being honest. Or does he want to start policing my decisions of going out?"

"He wouldn't dare," Cindy replied.

"Not on my watch."

"Yes, mam!" Cindy replied.

They both burst out laughing, this whole thing was going way above their heads. They went to the movie theatre and still got some popcorn, sweets, and drinks.

After the movie ended it was ten in the evening on the dot, they went to get some ice cream for their last hurrah. Amelia got lemon cheesecake and Cindy got a black forest.

They ate the ice cream chatting about the work they had to do, after walking around for an hour they decided to head home as it was getting late and Amelia felt so much better after talking to Cindy.

It was great to have a friend that has your back, no matter what goes wrong she would have back up. Yet Amelia was still worried about one thing if she should tell James or not. If she had truly done nothing wrong what was the big deal about telling James that she had slept a quarter of the night with Mason?

Or was she making it a big deal? Should she brush it over and not tell James, it felt as if she was keeping a secret from him if she didn't say it. Would this make James doubt Mason because I was irresponsible, and Mason was only trying to help?

Why did Mason have to help her? It's not like she was ungrateful or anything, it's just that it had bought about so many problems that were now haunting her.

She got into the cab and hoped when she got home everyone would be too busy to even notice her. The ride was nice, she opened the window and the air was refreshing on her face.She looked at the moon and stars, they were shining bright tonight. Must be nice to be so high and far away she thought, out of reach.

When the cab pulled in their driveway, Amelia paid the cab driver and climbed out of the cab, she was instantly met with music. Their get-together usually lasted for very long.She went to the entrance and the door was already open, and she could see a lot of people who were very drunk. As she went past the living room she spotted Mason sitting in between two girls on the couch.

Amelia caught his eyes and she quickly looked away, when she glanced again she found him looking at her fully. He had a question in his eyes but she averted his gaze again and quickly went to her room not wanting to attract any attention. When she was out of sight, she breathed out in relief.

She got into her room and closed the door, so much of taking him on as she and Cindy had discussed. Instead, she had run away faster than a lightning bolt. Amelia went to the bathroom, took off her make-up, and changed into pajamas. She felt very sleepy, ice cream always made her feel that way for some reason.

She went out to find James, she spotted him outside and went over. She waved him over and he got up and came to her.

"I'm going to sleep, just wanted to let you know I'm back so you wouldn't call me or wake me up."

James chuckled, "How you have grown pebbles." he placed a light kiss on her head.

"Night James,"

"Night Pebbles."

Amelia walked back into the house, down the corridor"Aren't you going to say goodnight to me too?" Mason asked.

Amelia jumped at his voice, no Amelia don't do it her subconscious screamed at her but too late she sprinted into her room and locked the door.

Did she just run away from him? Did she just like an idiot sprint to her room? How could she humiliate herself anymore? She had taken avoiding someone to the next level.

0