World 1-1: This World Ain’t Big Enough For Two Isekai Heroes
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey asshole. You better watch yourself." 

Bob stared down at the finger poking his chest, then glanced up into the teenager's face. He was a pretty one, to be sure. Very distinct, almost pointy hairstyle that managed to look messy and handsome at the same time. Blond hair, blue eyes, distinct muscles surrounded by clean armor and high class equipment. Hell, he even had that aura of charm and charisma that Bob always read about in books but never managed to actually experience before in his life.

The guy was every inch the fantasy male hero, ready to save the day and look good doing it.

So why was he all up in Bob's face? He'd never even seen the guy before!

"Uh..." 

The handsome hero looking guy took a step closer, his frown turning into a harsh glare. "Do you think I'm an idiot?" 

Bob blinked. "Wha--" 

Another step closer. "Do I look stupid to you?" 

"...no?" 

Yet another step. They were practically nose to nose at this point, enough to make Bob distinctly uncomfortable. He opened his mouth to say something about it, but the hero guy beat him to it. 

"Do you think I don't know what you are?" 

"Huh?" 

"I know your game, asshole. Trust me, I've been there. I know the score, okay?"

"...score?"

"And if you think I'm just gonna let you walk into my world and fuck around with my NPCs, then you got another thing coming --" 

NPCs? 

It took a few minutes for Bob to understand what the hero guy was saying, since he was too preoccupied with the fact that he was touching him again. The first time it took Bob too off guard for him to get worked up about it, but now that he had a moment to think it was really bothering him.

His hands twitched as he considered lightly pushing the guy away from him, just enough to give Bob some much needed space. He knew it wouldn't end well though. The guy was already in his face about something that had nothing to do with him, so Bob could only imagine how upset he'd be if Bob actually pushed him. 

"NPCs..." 

"Yeah, that's right! My NPCs! This is a single player game asshole, not multiplayer! So if you could --" 

"Alex! Alex calm down!" A pink haired girl dressed up in a common dress grabbed the hero guy by the arm and tried to pull him back. "You idiot! You're drawing too much attention!"

"Lord Alexander, there's no need to get angry! If this elderly man has bothered you, then I shall fight a duel for your honor!" The blond girl covered in heavy knight's armor then drew her sword and pointed it in Bob's direction. 

"Uh..." 

"Ah... so I finally get to kill someone..." A girl with blue hair who was dressed up as a stereotypical ninja whipped out a knife from nowhere and started cackling in a way that set Bob's teeth on edge. 

"W-Wait everyone! There's no need to fight!" This one was a white haired priestess, one who couldn't have been older than ten. She was clutching a scepter bigger than she was tall while trembling in place. 

"..." The green haired one dressed up in a mage's garb didn't say anything to Bob. They just stared at him with their cold dead eyes. 

Bob wasn't sure what to do about these... people. "Um..." 

"...big enough for two isekai heroes, asshole!" The hero guy, Alex, finally finished yelling at him and took a step backwards. Bob barely managed to hide a sigh of relief. "I'm gonna be the one to save the fucking day! I'm gonna be the one to kill the Demon Lord! You just watch like a good side character! Clear?

"Um..." 

"I said. Are. We. Clear?

Bob stared at the scowling hero decked out in expensive and deadly weaponry. Stared at the five girls, four of which look like they were ready to throw down and beat him up right there and then. Stared and then nodded. 

"...clear."

Alex sniffed. "Good. Now stay outta my way. I gotta Demon Lord to kill." He turned around with a flourish, his cape hitting Bob in the face before he strode away, the five girls following at his heels. Though not before they all gave Bob a collective nasty look. 

Bob stared at the door they left through, feeling stunned. Like he just got smacked in the face with a fish before getting kissed by the Queen of England. It all happened so fast that he wasn't sure how to process it. 

"Whoa." Bob's friend, an older man named Steve, came to stand next to him. "What crawled up his ass and died?" 

"...dunno." 

"Yeah, what was that all about?" chimed in the pretty receptionist lady, a woman who went by Nancy. "He just went off on you for no reason!" 

The dozens of eyes that had stared as Alex reemed Bob out in front of everyone in the guild now turned towards Bob, full of curiosity and a hunger for gossip. He felt himself break out in a cold sweat as he reflexively hunched down a bit. 

"Dunno."

The guild, full of adventurers, receptionists, and quest givers, all murmured in response to that lackluster answer. Bob hunched down even further. 

"Ah, fuck him!" Steve said cheerfully before giving Bob a huge slap on the back. Thankfully Bob had gotten used to Steve's absurd strength and was not sent to the floor this time. "That hero title and rise in rank must have gotten to the little shit's head! Picking on a sweet guy like you." Steve pinched Bob's cheek and winked. "Getting cuter by the day!" 

Bob flushed slightly and looked down. He was never sure how to handle Steve's flirting. It used to make him a bit uncomfortable with how heavy handed it was, though thankfully Steve toned it down a bit as they got to know each other.

It always managed to make him blush though, even after a year of knowing the guy. "..." 

Steve wrapped an arm around his shoulders and led him back to their table. "Come on, let's get back to talking about that favorite food of yours. What was it called?" 

"Pizza." 

"Yeah, that! Sounds fucking delicious!"

The murmuring died down into a normal buzz of conversation as Bob and Steve talked about one of their favorite pastimes: junk food. 

0