How to eat soup
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nudity warning

"Auugh... It's burned."

I check the harira with a soup spoon. I know its burned since I can feel an uneven texture from burned bits from the bottom of the pressure cooker.

I don't scrape any off though, since that wouldn't taste good mixed in with the rest.

It's very hot harira, and hmmm....

I could take a cold bath.  Then the hot soup's burned taste would warm me from the inside and give me an imaginary sense I am combusting...

...

No.  My name is Nadir, and my middle name is not Folly.

I will take a lukewarm bath instead!

I take out some tupperware as well as a bowl and a tray.

I carefully serve myself a portion of harira and put the rest in the tupperware whilst avoiding scraping up any of the burned bits from the bottom of the pressurecooker.

I grab some of the salad Fatso Farah made, and put it in another bowl on the tray. I grab the utensils I need and the plastic bowls matching lids as well as a chilled insulated waterbottle with good grips on it, then take the entire tray to the bathroom.

After making sure the food is securely covered I spray the handy dandy under-the-sink cleaning supplies everywhere I could think and inside the bathtub since I aint wanna eat shit ever.  Don't want to bathe in it either.

I turn on the bathroom fan since I dont want to bathe in chemicals, ugh. Or breathe em in for that matter. I also hop on the ledge and pop open the window for a breeze and some sunlight. Eh.  Who knows what letting the chemicals circulate outside would do.  I didnt use many chemicals anyway.

I sit outside the bathroom and fidget with my phone while the air circulates with the bathroom door closed.

....

I check the time.  I open the bathroom door and it doesnt smell so I start filling the tub half cold half hot.  I touch the harira.  Still seems hot but wont scald me.  Probably shouldnt have put it in a plastic bowl.  Salads not cold anymore at least.

"Fill, fill, fill, fill, fill!"

Bathtub takes a while to fill.  I tap my feet and fidget with my phone in the meanwhile. Walk back over to the door and make sure its locked.

I really don't need to be walked in on, okay.

I rummage under the sink, past the cleaning supplies and into the middle of the hygeine sect, stealing away one of Farahs flamboyant looking bathbombs.

Didn't look too closely at it, but sniffed it to make sure it smelled good.

Don't want to walk around smelling like fruits...

Ooh.  This one smells like thyme... cypress, chamomile... fennel, seems fake folksy..., this is one of Farah's foolhardy homemade wicca blends isn't it haha.

I take a look at the art on it.

Its too abstract for me to decipher. Or its just a wierd splash pattern.   Hmm.  I'll put more funding towards Farah's funny 'secret' ventures into bathbomb making if it works out out well.

Wonder when she will realise it isn't djinn or fairies funding her experiments lol.

After all, magic ain't real.  Not like my fortunate Farah will miss one, she never uses them for some reason, and its about time my donations panned out.

Hmm.  Seems like she carved the abstract pattern thingy so it aint a natural splash pattern after all.  Wonder what its supposed to be... looking at it hurts my eyes.

Farah, you are a foul artist.  Please find a business partner with an art talent before you sell anything.  Please.  I don't think anyone would buy any art this ugly except out of morbid curiousity.

I stop looking at the monstrous attempt at art and chuck the bathbomb under the running water.  At least it smells oddly amazing in a good way.

I take off my clothes, put them in the basket under the sink with my phone, and pause the bath faucets waterflow while dragging the showerhead out of the bathtub and scrub clean with soap and 3in1 shampoo with the dirty water draining out of the floor.  No point in a bathbomb or bath taken while still dirty after all.

Then I resume the bath's waterflow and open the lids on the bowls and start munching on the salad.

Not cold salad now, but pleasantly chill nonetheless.  I take a swig from my water and grab the tray so I can sit on the baths ledge, soak my feet, eat and make sure the bath doesn't overflow.

I nudge the bathbomb with my foot so I don't have to see the core as it dissolves, and marvel at the colors the water turns.

Wait.  Freaking Farah put glitter in this one.  On ne vit qu'une fois.  Might have been better to smell like fruit... nah. Wonder what she put in the salad, I can't make greens taste this good...  

I could pin glitter as Farah's fault more than I could smelling fruity.  And it is.  Who told her to put glitter inside a bathbomb.  What kind of sadist thinks that is a good idea.  I hope I don't eat any...  C'est la vie.

I stir the multicolored glitter water with my foot.  It looks funky in the sunlight. Huh.  Guess I can understand the appeal of a bathbomb.  Its like a lightshow in a bathtub. Ah, the salads gone...

I start in on the harira and shut off the bath's faucet. Hmm. Tastes surprisingly good for something burnt.  Or maybe its my imagination making effort into an actual flavor.  I gently sink into the bath and float the tray on the water.

Hmmm.  Is the water still supposed to be changing colors?  Huh.  Didn't read about that online, guess Farah is fostering more talent than the average bathbomb maker.

Wait, why is it getting foggy in here? The water's lukewarm, not steaming hot!

...

Oh wait, its the same rainbow glitter as the bathwater. I cover my harira since I really don't want glitter in there.  Farah makes formidable bathbombs. I'll have to slip her some more funding, she is surprisingly talented.. she is going to succeed eh.

I move the tray out of the water and travel by feel to place it on the counter then turn to go back into the water.

What the fuck.

I blink my eyes rapidly.

Oh, there is nobody there.

For a second I thought I saw the shape of someone else in here with me.  I fumble around with the doorhandle while I am out of the water.  It's still locked.  I should be alone in here, the window is too small for a person to go through.

I step deliberately back towards the tub, being careful not to slip.  Seems like this bathbomb fog left a layer of condensation on the floor.

I will write up a sheet of paper with the pros and cons of the bathbomb for Farah.  Shapes of vague people in the fog and condensation of lukewarm water will be firmly in the negative attributes.

What the shiz.

I turn my head and stare at my shoulder. Nothing.

I could have sworn someone grabbed me and tried to pull me off balance.

Thoroughly wierded out, I slide into the bathwater. Guess I will just observe and mentally note down tips for frightful Farah's next bathbomb endeavor.  Namely, less scary effects.

Not every person will be a horror enthusiast after all.  I sure am not, but I aint the wimp she thinks I am either.

I stay very alert to ensure no creepy effects trip me up, and lean my back against the wall so I can see the next visual effect before it startles me.

What the-

Ḯ̴̙̲̃ ̷̡̜̂͛C̷͉̬̿̆A̷̠͊͂Ñ̷̛͇͚T̸̊͊ͅ ̴̨̪͐͒B̴̧͈͒R̶̥̹͗́Ë̵̬͖́Ä̷̼́͊͜Ṭ̵̆H̵̹͋́

I jerk forward and shake off a wierd sensation.  For a second it felt like someone was choking me...

I absently reach up and pat my hand around my neck.. doesn't feel even a little bit tender.

This isn't appealing at all.

I turn behind me and see-

Yikes. It looks like theres a face leering at me from the walls foggy surface.

Yeah, nope.

Farah can call me a wimp all she likes, I aint sampling her freaky bathbomb any longer.

I move to get out of the tub-

0