Amidst the chaos, there’s death.
110 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chaos only came after realization.

The entirety of the town was looking up at the blood ridden, crumbling wall as if the whole scene was but a dream. They hadn't even come to understand the gravity of the situation, or maybe the terror from witnessing it all was so grave that their bodies wouldn't respond.

It would take a few minutes but-

"i-it's a titan."

"IT'S A TITAN!!! RUN!"

From that point onwards, it only took a few seconds for panic to set in.

People flooded in all directions. People who belonged somewhere and to someone ran straight into the town- towards their homes. The people who didn't- ran towards the taller wall on the other side.

I needed to run too. I needed to run. To Mom. I needed to go, but my legs still wouldn't move. It was as if I was in a trance. Nothing was responding. I was frozen in space as I tried to make sense of what in hell I was looking at. I had never seen a titan before, but even I was aware that there was no titan that could dwarf a wall.

The concept itself was frightening. My legs were quivering.

Out of nowhere, amidst the chaos, a man pushed Mikasa back. It was only some time before we would get swallowed up by the crowd. I NEEDED TO GET MY ACT TOGETHER.

Another man brushed past her and stopped this time.

"Father?" Mikasa's lips muttered as she fell to the ground. "Do you know what's happening? Do you know where Mother is? Should we go ba-" She was asking questions that I should have been asking but I couldn't.

And then erratically Dad grabbed her scarf as she was getting back on her feet.

"Tsk, I don't have time to deal with you." He threw her into the stream behind us.

"Mr. Yeager, this is-" Armin responded but Dad kicked him back into the stream with Mikasa.

It took me all that to get back to reality. Confused, but in a process to believe him I went over to the man to shake him over.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING DA-" A sharp blow from Dad's palm hit the back of my head. I got knocked out.

Or was I never awake in the first place?

Yes, this was all a dream. He was just bringing me back to reality.

:::XXX:::

'It's cold. So cold.'

I saw a flickering light.

'Is that a lamp? Where am I?'

Everything was fuzzy. Every sound sounded noisy but muffled. I was taking my sweet time getting my head together.

I was waking up from that terrible dream of a titan.

"It's all because of you, all because you kept on going on about being a scout." A loud voice pierced my ears.

"And they attacked quicker than I expected too. Those bastards. But it's fine now. I already gave you the eye. All I need to do is take this."

I tried to adjust the focus on my eyes. Dad was sitting there with a syringe against his forearm with a twisted smile on his face.

It was too dark for me to see anything properly, but I could see a staircase.

'Is this the basement?'

The ground shook slightly as dust fell from the ceiling.

It quickly became apparent that this wasn't a dream.

"ERENNNN! ERENN!!" I could hear Mom's voice from upstairs. Cries for help cries for an encounter. Wait- What was she doing up there with all the titans?!

"Argh... that wench won't shut up. Eren eren eren. I'll deal with her once I get out of here."

The words knocked me back to consciousness as I was reminded of what he had just done to Mikasa and Armin.

THIS REALLY WASN'T A DREAM!

"What are you going to do with Mom?!" I asked as my sight returned. Still not completely.

.

.

.

"Oh, you're up already." Dad looked at me disdainfully. "What I'll do with her, huh? I'll get rid of her." He stated like it was something obvious.

"Huh? What are you talking about, old man? You wouldn't do that, right? Why would you kill Mom? Why are you joking like that at a time like this? We need to hurry or the titans will get to us. She's still outside. Come on, Dad!" My tongue went loose.

"Why do you think I'm joking? That woman already served her purpose, she bred you and provided me with a good cover. Now that 'they' are here, and you survived the experiment, she's no longer needed." Not a single bit of hesitation was there in his voice.

He was serious. He was going to kill Mom.

'I need to stop him. I need to stop him. I need to stop him.'

The ground above me shook again.

"EREN!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Mom shouted.

I needed to kill him.

'Calm down. This isn't your first time doing this. You just need to kill him.' I told myself. How? Why am I so fine with just ending him? I had to do it? Can I do it? He was with me from the start. But he needed to go.

'I will kill him.'

I looked around, but my vision was all blurry.

My legs and hands were very heavy to move but were free. He was probably in a hurry.

The syringe was in his hand. I needed to do something now.

I felt my appendages and made sure they could move.

NOW! I put all my strength behind my legs and jumped at him in an attempt to tackle him. My face smashed against his torso.

I was too light.

"Urgh, you little-!!!" He didn't fall back but the syringe got knocked off of his hand. Dad's fist dug right into my stomach and I coughed up a blob of blood. My body got knocked onto his table. I got beaten up recently too.

It was a doctor's table. There must be something I can cut him with.

My fingers started scavenging around aimlessly.

Until a shiny object got caught in the corner of my vision.

I grabbed it on instinct and jumped straight onto the man. "AAAARGHHH!"

The implement was blunt but it pierced through his abdomen. He immediately grabbed my hand. Dad was going to knock me back again. I couldn't let this chance go. This is the only one I'll have to take him out.

I needed to make him fall.

"GRRRR!" I pushed with as much strength as I could. More power. "GAAARGHHH!"  My biceps start burning but his hand isn't giving in. Give me more power!!!

"AAAAARRRGHHH!"

And then a switch inside my brain flicked. My body suddenly got as light as a feather. My vision got boosted and adjusted itself to the darkness of the basement. Blood, bodies, and vials fill my sight. But most of my attention was still on the man in front of me.

Under my strength, the man tumbled over. This man disguised himself as my father. I need to kill him. Kill him. Kill him. KILL!!!!

A wide smile crawled across his face.

"Ahahaha! HAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAH! LOOK AT YOUR EYE! YOU TURNED OUT PERFECT! A MASTERPIECE! WE CAN WIN AFTER ALL!" He laughed maniacally while banging the ground with his hand.

"SHUT UP AND DIE ALREADY, YOU BASTARD!"

"I can't do that just yet, my son! I have a mission to fulfil." He grabbed something off the ground and in one swift motion, stabbed it into my neck. "Just pass out for now."

My head felt numb. He hadn't injected anything into my system yet. I could feel blood gushing out from the side of my throat.

"NOT YET! IF I LET YOU GO YOU'D KILL MOM! I'LL KILL YOU NOW!"

I bit my lips and turned my senses up to the max. I couldn't afford to pass out. I needed to get rid of this man!

I dug the instrument deeper into his chest and turned it around. He pulled the needle out of me and stabbed it back in. I pushed my forearm forward, cutting half of his torso apart.

"YOU!!! RIGHT TO THE VERY END!" He pushed the needle into my neck with all his might, making my neck turn. The instrument in my hand started cutting through his ribcage. His blood got plastered all over my body.

The man used the last of his strength to push the needle in, making the syringe empty out its contents in my body. Lightning surrounded me for a moment, before heading back inside my body.

But I couldn't be bothered about that.

"DIEEEE ALREADYY!" In a single flow, the instrument cut through his heart, sternum, and chin. I could see right inside him. Liquid sprayed out from inside. It burnt.

That man's hand lost grip and fell. His blood expanded across the floor. And his stationery heart was out for the world to see.

My father was dead. I didn't feel remorse. Looking at his corpse only fills me with a sense of relief. And he was the man I had trusted through the entirety of the life I had led thus far.

"Haaah... finally." I fell back. "I need to save Mom."

I put strength into my legs and got up again. Lightheaded, I stumbled out towards the stairs. Leaning against the side I climbed outside.

When I reach the top, I put my entire weight on the handle to twist it open.

Bright lights disorientated me and clouded my vision completely. I couldn't stop now. I put my hand on my neck and pushed as much blood as I could into my head.

As soon as my eyes started to make sense of the information, they started hunting for Mom.

Left, right, and front, the entire town was broken. Debris, mangled corpses, rubble, fire, titans. This place was nothing like the town I grew up in.

"Eren?" A soft voice reached me from somewhere nearby.

"MOM!"

I turned my head frantically, and there she was... buried under our house.

1