I’ll kill every titan.
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blood, mangled corpses, titans, smile, death. A nightmare.

I gasped for breath and forced myself awake. I didn't even want to go back to that. That was one thing I was scared of more than not having us all survive through this.

"It's morning." Mikasa tapped my head from her shoulder.

"How long did I sleep?"

"Three hours."

"Is Armin awake yet?"

"No."

I got up and opened the windows. Mother was still looking outside even though the windows were closed. Mikasa replaced the cloth wrapped around her legs.

Looking at her in a state like this didn't hurt as badly anymore. I went through hell last night and lost a bit of my humanity while I was there. I was calm for now. Focusing only on what had to be done.

"I'll be heading out today." I told her.

"??"

"I have to look for someone who can treat her." Even if we didn't have the money, I'll ask for a favour and pay them back by working. That's the only option I have left.

"Should I com-"

"No, you stay here and take care of her. If I'm late, do whatever you can to stop any visitors. I'll definitely be back."

"Alright." She said reluctantly.

Last night I felt like I lost something in me. Every problem of mine seemed like someone else's.

"Then leave after breakfast." Mikasa picked up a piece of bread from last night.

"I'm not all that hungry. I'm heading out now."

::XXX::

The streets were filled. Bustling with kids, adults alike. It was as if nothing had happened. But something did happen.

Victims like us were running around begging for jobs. It was only so long before the kingdom had to let all the healthy victims go out into the world.

People bumped into me.

The same people who weren't anything more than food yesterday were now bumping into me without fear. The same me who was salivating from their scent was feeling nothing anymore.

I looked around for apothecaries, clinics, or any healthcare facility. One of the three I mentioned came up every few seconds. All of them were filled to the brim.

But I headed inside one anyway.

"Excuse me." I pushed through the crowd.

"What do you want?" A built man presented himself at the counter.

"I was wondering if you would take my moth-"

"You from outside the walls?"

"Yes."

"50 coins a month."

'Is this an inn or something? Isn't 50 too much?!'

No these people just saw us as a business opportunity. This wasn't deplorable it was straight-up cruel.

"I can work for you." I said.

"Don't you have the money?"

"Not yet."

"Then leave."

"No, please! Listen to me! If you don't want me working for you I'll get a job elsewhere and then pay you-" I tried to negotiate.

"Come back after you have the money. Next!"

'This isn't going anywhere. The crowd starts pushing me back. What do I do? What do I do?'

"I am Grisha Yaeger's son, Eren Yaeger." I spouted. Somehow I didn't feel as disgusted as I thought I would while saying it. "He's the man who cleared the plague. I know a thing or two from the trade." I lied.

I never learnt from him. I was too caught up in my vain fantasy of becoming a scout.

"Hooh?" The man looked at me. "Go brag about it somewhere else brat. Next."

I got pushed out.

That bastard.

This wasn't the only clinic in town.

After getting thrown out of the first one I went around repeating the same process to no avail. Not a single one even tried to admit me.

Some told me that they didn't want someone who'd eventually die in their institution since they had a reputation to hold up. Some said that they won't let someone without money inside.

Not a single shred of humanity was left on these streets.

It was already midday, and I still have no clue about how I can save her. It's only a matter of time before the doctors come for her.

Out of nowhere, a hand wrapped around my shoulder and a mouth came close to my ear.

"Don't you think people get too happy sometimes?"

"Huh?" I turned around to face a large blond man.

"Sorry, that was a strange thing to ask." He said while pulling away.

"Ah, you are-" the man from the survey corps who was getting shaken down that day.

"I am Erwin Smith, the commander of the survey corps. You are the son of Grisha Yaeger, yes?"

"That's correct but how..."

"You were going around shouting it out a minute ago. You've already gotten famous you know?"

"I see. Do you need me for something?"

"A member of our corps has some business with you."

"Is it urgent? I'm sort of busy now."

"To save your mother, yes? The member wants to talk to you regarding that."

Words that brought me delight but more than that, relief. Was this perhaps a chance?

"Please take me to her!" I bow down enthusiastically.

"Haha. That's the zest I like to see. Follow me!"

And so I followed him. Through the winding streets of the town and towards a small wooden building.

"We're here." He said while opening the door.

There were people inside. A man with sharp features and black hair. A brown-haired woman. A woman with magenta hair and dark glasses.

"So Grisha's kid was him, huh?" The black-haired man asks.

"Do you know him?"

"Yeah, I picked him and his mother up when the yellow titan came." When the short man answered.

It was him?! Now that I think about it, he does look familiar.

"THANK YOU!"

"Yeah, yeah it's fine."

"NO, THANK YOU!"

"Like I said-"

"Hahahaha!" The brown-haired woman started laughing. "Captain Levi you became quite a hero, huh?"

"Mmm." He nodded away.

"What's your name, kid?" She came and lifted my head up.

"Eren, ma'am."

"What a nice name. I'm Nifa, she's Hange, and he's Keiji." The both of them raised their hands as a greeting.

"Nice to meet you." I lift my head up.

Ah! I didn't have time for this. If they didn't accept my request, I needed to head outside and look around more.

"Can I ask what you called me here for?"

"You see, we owe your father a lot. He would come over and take care of our injured members after our expeditions." Commander Erwin came in front of me.

So I was being saved because of that bastard. But if it meant we could survive I'll gladly accept it.

"He even taught her how to attend people with severed limbs." He pointed at Hange.

"SO YOU CAN SAVE MOM?"

"I can." Hange came forward. "But-"

"Stop there." Commander Erwin stepped in between us. "We'll save her... but in return, you'll have to do us a favour."

"Huh?"

"You'll join the Survey corps and kill titans for us."  Commander Erwin said.

"Her treatment would require time. So as long as you're in training we will take care of her. If you decide to stop then we would stop too." Hange continued.

"Are... you taking my mother as hostage?" My blood started boiling for some reason.

"Your father charged us too. Expecting us to treat her for free is a little-" Now it was Nifa.

No, the problem was actually me. I was getting annoyed at everything. I needed to step back and thought about it.

"Hmm so that's what it is." I replied while biting the side of my cheeks.

"The longer you kill titans, the longer we'll continue her treatment." Hange.

"You can save her now..." Erwin. "So what will you do now, Eren? Will you join us and jeopardise your safety to save your mother or will you quit now?"

"What will you do?"

My mind became muddled up.

They were asking me to go to the battlefield where thousands of people died. Where I experienced the horror of titans first hand. The one I decided to run away from. The one I'm terrified to ever enter.

And then they cut off all my other options. If I wanted to save my mother, I needed to go out there. This was evil.

Blood started flowing in my mouth from biting my cheek too hard. But the pain hardly mattered.

"..i..d...t."

"What?"

"I'LL KILL ALL THE FUCKING TITANS DAMNIT!!!!"

2