Introduction.
111 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I see writing this fanfic as selling a doujin (not the H kind, get your mind out of the gutter) in Comiket. And I also see it as studying art from a reference. Using a world that is already out there and a plotline that already exist is a good way to experience writing new things as an author.

This isn't just a B/G fanfic doujin, I'm reimagining the entire storyline.

I changed everything from the ages to powers, to pasts, to character dynamics, among a lot of other stuff.

Now, I won't be pretentious and say that this is all me. Cuz what I am doing is leeching off someone else's brainchild. The world of titans is unique. The characters and their motives written by Isayama were fresh. I'm not fixing his stuff... that'd be extremely rude. I'm just doing my take on it and what I would have personally altered.

It isn't objectively an upgrade, it's just what my mind would have conjured up had I been in his shoes.

Now comes the part where I answer why Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan. The answer is a little better than the power systems coinciding in perfect harmony.

Attack on Titan had a great plot. And that plot was what grew the characters. It didn't have any character arcs by themselves except for maybe the Levi one. There Eren character arc was convoluted. Tokyo Ghoul had the best character arcs in all of media IMO. Ishida Sui did an incredible job. It's still my top manga.

You can see why I wanted to bring that to the AOT world. So I wrote this.

It would've been easy to transmigrate Kaneki into AOT and call it a day. But I decided to integrate Ghoulism (ig) into the world of AOT as a product of Titan powers. Ghouls don't just exist in this fanfic, they were made. How and when? You'll see that later.

I also gave Eren a thicker personality than 'I want freedom'. I wanted him to question why he wanted it and what freedom meant to him. That's his character arc.

I also found that him suddenly turning into an anti-villain was so off camera and unrelatable that it threw me off... I'll alter that too.

If I went on about everything I would change, reading the novel would be pointless. So I hope you guys could sit back, relax, and enjoy the world of Attack on Ghoul!

[P.S: Eren and Mikasa ship deserved more love. I'll actually try to roll that in too, as naturally as possible.]

4