Attack on Titan.
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body tossed inside the large mouth of the titan before I fell into the depths of its stomach.

This can't be happening.

A light glow, from the burning acid. It permeated through the hole in my stomach as blood spread out throughout my surroundings.

"AACK!" I shouted as my hand landed on a human head next to me. I tried to get up but noticed the lack of either of my legs and fell back in.

The pain that I had been ignoring under the presence of adrenaline came back and shook my entire body deeply. It hurt unimaginably bad.

I have no idea how I ignored all that pain, given that my adrenaline glands have been torn out of my torso but the fact that acid was seeping into the wound drove me to the point of tears.

I tried to suppress as much of the pain as I could before completely giving up and rolling around in agony.

"EREENNN!!!" I heard cries come from outside, and the inside of the titan's body slightly rumbled because of the new horde of titans slowly coming closer.

I wanted to die with satisfaction, having fulfilled my part. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. Mikasa was still there and more titans were approaching her. There was no way to salvage this situation anymore.

What was I fighting so hard for anyway?

Why couldn't anyone listen to me?

It was supposed to be simple. I died fighting and the scouts would take care of my family. It was a noble sacrifice. I just wanted to be free from it all. Was that too much to ask for? Only if Mikasa stayed away... I could have died happily.

"Could you have really died?" A sweet voice, one that I hadn't heard in two whole years.

"Why are you... ugh"

"Hey, descendant... it's been a while."

A small girl illuminated her white hair as she came in front of me. She put her hand under my chin and lifted it up. My eyes looked into hers. Parallel scars ran across the side of her jet black eyes. Read veins shone out of her pupils.

'Didn't they shine like pearls before? Was she really the same person?'

"Did you really want to die like that?"

"I did. After saving everyone... but I clearly failed."

"So you really do believe that death is what you were seeking out of this battle... a pity indeed." Her child-like body climbed on top of my back. Weightless, but warm. "Why did you fight so hard then? You were pretty hellbent on making it out of there, even though you completely denied it."

"What are you on about? I wanted to kill all the titans so that she could be safe."

"No... you could've died after beating like two titans. If you died before she came back, she would've given up and escaped. She does adore you, but if you went missing even she wouldn't drag the whole mess along. Add to that the fact that she was clearly strong enough to take the horde on by herself, and your struggle doesn't make any sense at all. Why did you fight?"

Why did I fight?

"Eren, are you scared right now?"

"Why would I-" I looked around the rest of the titan's inside and an impending sense of doom overcame me. "be scared..?"

"It's pretty obvious if you think about it. But you'll come to that conclusion on your own later. What do you think will happen now?"

"I'll die here, Mikasa will leave, the scouts will take care of our family, as promised." The rumbling got a little harder as the titan began to move. "I just hope she can escape without any problems."

"You're pretty stupid aren't you, descendant boy? I don't even have to be omniscient to guess what'll happen now."

As soon as she said that, the titan started shaking violently- until all its stomachs contents gathered to one side. It was falling.

"I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU AND GET EREN OUT OF THERE!!!" I heard a scream permeate from the outside.

"no..."

"Yep, it's now her turn for the suicide mission." The ancestor said.

"No!"

"She might have been able to take on 15 but even you should be able to tell that there are more than just those many titans out there."

"You can't be serious..."

"She's going to fight all of them. Just in the small hope of saving you. Is that what you call love?"

"MIKASA GET OUT OF THERE ALREADY!!!"

"It's pointless you stupid descendant... she won't hear you with your terrible lung strength, and even if she did, she won't listen to you."

I wanted to cry, to shout, but nothing came out. The frustration and anger overshot my emotional capacity.

"You know, when people want to die, they give up on everything. They lose their ability to love, to hate, to feel sorrow, and safety. You are feeling all of those right now." Her face moved right next to my ear. "Eren you didn't want to die, you just wanted to run away."

My mind went blank, and I could feel a drop of something flow down my cheek. Was it blood, was it the acid, was it a tear?

"what do i do?"

"See, now you're asking the right question. But before I answer, you tell me... did you want to die?"

"no."

"Then what do you want to do?"

"i-i want to save myself."

"How will you do that?"

"i'll kill everything that can harm me."

"What are the things that can harm you?"

"titans."

"Who are you?"

.

.

.

"A ghoul."

A ghoul my father had created to kill all the titans. I'm a being who was made to kill titans. I will hunt the hunters of humanity.

"You already know what to do." She patted my head gently like Mom used to.

I opened my mouth wide and bit into the titan that ate me.

And that's how it all started...

it was my attack on titan.

1