Another lie.
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do we go to the wall or fight along with the others?" I asked while heading to the wall. Clearly, I already had an answer, but I just wanted to confirm nonetheless.

"I don't think they are fighting anymore." Mikasa replied while swinging between buildings.

I couldn't hear the sound of the gear. So either they weren't fighting or they had been wiped out. Either way, it was pointless going there.

I had to slow down a little because Mikasa was going full speed with her gear. If I went any faster I would leave her behind.

My tails acted as legs and propelled me onto the next building as soon as I landed on one.

'They practically functioned as whatever I wanted them to function as. The limit was my imagination.' I think I was getting a little conceited. But at the very least they had multiple functions.

"Are the kids fine?" I asked Mikasa.

"Yes."

"That's great."

A smaller titan tried to swat us right as we were about to reach the wall. I killed it with my tail almost effortlessly.

"By the way, Eren..."

"Hmm?"

"Are you going to go up the wall like that?"

I halted in my tracks.

'Am I? There's no way people would've accepted me. They fear beasts, doesn't matter which size or form they come in. They would shun and fear an unknown existence like myself.'

I needed to hide whatever I was showing.

"Tell me if I look normal again." I tried to suppress everything in. I could feel the tail withering away.

"Your tail is gone, but your eyes are still..."

"Still?"

"Here take a look."

She dropped down and picked up a shard of glass and handed it to me.

And there it was- my reflection.

Black replaced the whites and red replaced the green iris. Thin red lines travelled across the sides of my eyes.

I really did look like the beast from two years ago, who faced the dying man in the back alley. Well, it was me in the first place.

I tried to suppress the area around my eyes but the best I could do was get rid of those lines escaping onto my skin. It was pointless. If I went up there, they'd know immediately.

"Should I take it out?" I put my hand next to my eye.

"Are you insane?!"

"I can get it back whenever I need it." I clearly had regeneration.

"You aren't taking your eye out, Eren."

"Why not?"

"What if it doesn't work the next time? Do you know how your powers work?"

"I-I don't but. I was able to get my legs back... all I need to do is eat a titan."

"Eat a titan? That aside, you aren't taking your eye out."

"Then what do I do? They'll know as soon as they see me."

"Cover it." She took a piece of cloth out of her breast pocket and pulled my head in. The cloth wrapped around my head and she gently pushed me back again. "That should do for now. Change it with a clean cloth once we get home, that one is covered with sweat."

{a/n: Ooh La La Mikasa sweat. ehehe... I know this is supposed to be serious but I couldn't help myself.}

"What should my excuse be?" I turned to her now blind in one eye.

"Ummm..."

"How about-"

::XXX::

"What happened to you?" Commander Erwin asked inside our new base.

"The female titan dug a shard into my eye, sir." I lied.

"Can you see?"

"No, sir."

"Has the wound healed?"

"Yes, sir." There was no wound.

"You should still get it checked by Sasha." Oh no, anything but that.

"But, I'm fine, si-"

"Just do it." Captain Erwin said in his superior voice. He didn't use it very often, but when he did, there was no disobeying him.

"Yes, sir."

'Shit... if she looks, she'll find out. Has my eye gone back to normal? I have no way to check.'

Sasha grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me into her room.

Black rotting walls, moss, a wooden chair, and a table of tools. This looked more like a torture chamber than it did, a lady's room. In the first place, where did she even sleep?

"Sit down there."

She closed the door and it turned pitch black. She sat me down on the accursed chair and left to another corner of the room.

Hange came back with an unlit lantern in hand. One which I wouldn't be able to see without my ghoul senses. Either she's used to the layout of this room, or she had monstrous senses as well.

She pinched the piece of cloth on my face and pulled it off. My heart started to beat uncontrollably fast.

The knob on the lantern slowly turned and the room was filled with a yellow light.

"Ahhh!" She exclaimed as soon as she saw it. A slight grin. Did she figure it out?! What was that look for? Shouldn't she be scared? But given how eccentric this woman is I wouldn't put this reaction past her. It's only bad if the other's find out. "Eren..."

"Please don't tell anyone else!"

"Huh? Do you want to keep this a secret?" Her face looked confused. Of course it did, her reaction was the one that was abnormal. I expected her to freak out.

"Yes, I do!"

.

.

.

"Hmm..." She pulled back a little and put the lantern down. "But you really shouldn't go that far with pranks, you know? You're already a grown man now."

"Eh?? Prank?"

"What else is this? You lied about a broken eye, but it looks completely fine."

"It does?!"

"Of course it does! A healthy eye would look healthy."

Did it go back to normal? Haaaahhh... I breathed out a huge sigh of relief.

"Ha ha... it was just a stupid prank. I thought I could lighten the mood." I wiped the sweat off my face.

"Tch tch tch tch... you really do need to grow up."

"I'm sorry."

"Commander Erwin, you can come in now. He's fine." She shouted. "This guy was just having some fun."

"I see." He pulled the door open and the same group of people I had encountered two years ago came inside.

"What's going on?"

Hange pulled the curtains behind me and the bright light from the morning sun filled the room.

Levi reached out for his blade and pulled it out of the gear. The bright light made the glisten and the light coming off the blade hit my eye.

I put my hand up to stop the ray... and that's when I noticed it on his blade.

A reflection of my black eye glowing a deep red.

Shit. I got caught.

1