Eve of reclamation. [II]
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was my first encounter. The sound of bones cracking and blood dripping. White hair, golden eyes, a titan stood before me.

"ARMOURED TITAN!!" Nifa and Keiji ran straight to the titan leaving the cart behind. Ymir and Historia stayed behind.

'What the hell is happening?'

For the titan to find us this quick, he must've already known about us before we got here. But that doesn't make any sense! He's a titan!

My thoughts were jumbled as most everyone leaves to fight the armoured titan and the other surrounding titans who woke up because of the commotion.

"EREN GET THE ROCK TO THE BREACH!" Commander Erwin shouted before taking off to his battle.

'Argh! Damn it!'

I took off two of the tails holding the carriage and dug them into the ground. They pulled on me and I pulled on the carriage.

Without everyone pulling this along, the carriage was heavier than I could've imagined.

The path was riddled with titans dropping in from the right and the left. The armoured titan was a lead a little away from the site it spawned in. The breach was in sight at the other end of the straight road in front of me.

A small titan came running towards me, but Hange chopped it.

Another jumped on the carriage from the top of the building but Keiji stopped it.

The whole scene was that of carnage and mayhem.

My progress wasn't quick either. Each step felt like it was being dragged down by the thickest chains in the world.

But I persisted.

One step after the next, progress was made.

My eyes were shot red, and the sweat layering on my skin was the least of my worries.

I walked.

Sounds of blades grinding, house walls crashing, titans falling. It was an evil landscape.

These people were willing to fight for my sake and the dreams that I was carrying. If this was for the orders from the king, they would've given up after things went south. They are doing it for their own selfish beliefs. The beliefs they have now implanted in me.

Upon that realisation, my steps became even heavier.

My breath started evaporating as I breathed.

It felt like I was turning into an actual titan.

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes into portions of an hour. The half a kilometre walk took an eternity. It was a whole repetitive nightmare. Titans would wake up, fight, make noise, wake other titans up, and then they would join in too.

A horde would die and a new one would take its place.

The armoured titan didn't shake at all. It firmly fought against Mikasa and Levi without a sign of exhaustion. They too couldn't give their all because of the titans surrounding them.

There was no end to this.

This task wasn't meant for a group of nine.

"ATTACK!!" An unfamiliar voice and the sound of horses galloping behind me. I turned around immediately.

Red hair and sharp eyes, a man was approaching from the distance. A small army-worth of people followed him.

'Isn't he the captain of the military brigade?'

My suspicion got confirmed as I saw Armin and Annie among the ranks.

'Are you kidding me?'

Without a second thought, I let my tails wither away hoping that nobody saw them.

I tore a part of my uniform and covered my eye.

"What are you guys doing here?!" I shouted as their captain's horse jumped over me.

"The brigade found out you were doing an attack in secret so the captain asked to be part of it." Armin stopped near me.

A publicity stunt? Did they want to curry favours with the king or was their another objective? Either way, our initial plan was ruined.

What was commander Erwin going to do now?

Turn the priority towards killing the armoured? That would complete a third of the special squad's goals.

So do we abandon our current mission?

I heard the sound of gears as the Military Brigade's reinforcements joined in battle. That sound was quickly replaced with that of screams and agony.

There was no way they were as good as the special squad. The only reason why the special squad survived this hell of a situation was that they were on a completely different level.

You couldn't expect the Military Brigade rookies who never fought a titan properly to just effortlessly join in.

I looked over to captain Erwin who stopped to chat with the brigade captain.

He met my eyes and nodded.

'So I fight.'

Taking his word as is, without question. I was a slave to the survey corps.

I pulled out my blades.

"Armin, guard the rock, we need it to plug the wall... you have to survive through this, okay?" The area around the rock was the best guarded... so putting him there was only natural.

I released my cords into the sky. Their initial release was tense but they soon got flaccid as they flew further and further.

And click.

They got attached to a building far away. Right next to the armoured titan.

I pressed the trigger on my gear and got pulled abruptly from my waist.

Titans in the way tried to swat me as if I were a fly, but I took the liberty of chopping off any napes that happened to come in the way.

I overshot the armoured titan and floated into the night sky.

"Mikasa! Get down!"

She ducked under the titan's legs.

I attached my cord to a grill on the ground and shot straight down. The armoured titan's neck was right in the path.

As I got closer and closer the issue quickly came into sight. There was a plate of bone guarding it.

'WHAT'S WITH THESE SPECIAL TITANS AND COVERING THEIR NAPES?!

It's almost as if they know that napes are their weakness.

Ugh! What do I do now? There's a plate around his throat too. Should I dislodge the plate behind? It has to be attached using tendons right?'

I used the steam mid-air to stop my motion for a second and released the cords from the ground. As soon as they shot back up I inserted them into the muscle around the armoured titan's neck.

For some reason, he didn't take too kindly to that.

Despite his size, the titan's movements were quick.

Before I could press the trigger to pull me up, he grabbed me and lifted me up to his face. His grip was strong enough to almost shatter me.

"EREN!!" I heard Mikasa yell as she got closer.

"God damn it."

0