Chapter 1 – Call of remedy
501 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night sky was beautiful and the stars he saw came in many forms, some were big while others were small, it was something he could understand in this dark time. within his head, he couldn't hear anything other than his voice, kneed down he thought to himself how did he get his situation, coming back from the illusion he had, his awareness soon returns and arriving back, the sounds of screamings voices were heard around him making feel weaken to hear, there screams ended, as men cladding in full armor kills residents around him. Knights walked around and could be noticed dragging the dead, at the distance those who weren't killed would be turned into workers as female elves at the distance walked inside an enormous carriage. The elf wondered what made the humans they saw as friends so despised of elves and what caused them to be so evil. 

 

The feeling of being an animal believed in the elf, as seeing that his kind is treated like animals the idea of being other species of varmints was thought of. Kneed down while being held down the feeling was there. Staring at the ground, the elf wondered what made the humans hate them in the first place, and what made them lose relationships with the people they call companions. He never thought of hating the humans, as his father once said that humans were to like them from the past, and are like people like themselves, his father once told him that but even if he didn't hate them someone would feel hostility towards them elves and seeing the catastrophe that unfolded in his eyes, he saw the reason for fear within his village.

 

 A glance from in front could see his two children held down by three soldiers with both kids watching towards their father. A looked at the side to see a man sheathe by heavy armor, and seeing that his raising a long sword could see what would be faith. Nothing to say back to his children he looks at his tao children one last time as the men beside them clear out the neck for the executioner. He smiles at the children, seeing that his time had finally come. And seeing that her firstborn sister is beginning to cry out made him tear down as well.

 

"FATHER!!"

 

The groaning sounds from the knight could be heard from the elf side and immediately, the man in the cladding armor swung his sword as his 5ft blade swung down quickly slicing through the elven neck, affecting it to drop down on the ground, the sounds of the thud were heard and the people near the execution, laughed immediately by the sight and some whistled by the fast cut. Looking down to see her father's head on the ground and his body left on the floor made the young girl emotional at the sight, the brother beside her trembling by the scene he had seen. Shock and heartbroken, the young girl immediately broke down by the sight she forcibly saw.

 

"NOO!!" 

 

The knight holding her down shortly then let her go, the girl soon dropped down and began to tear down by the death of her father. Soldiers around her laughed at her grieving and looked down as tears began to drop at the dry ground. Her brother beside her said nothing, stunned by the sight he witnessed. The young elve realized and looked at her brother, to see him widen his eyes, by the sight of their father. She tries to get up from the floor, with the knight beside realizing her attempts to get up, the knight then kicks the young girl in the abdomen inflicting her to drop down as pain was felt over her stomach.

 

She begins to cry from the pain and soldiers begin to flock around the young girl, immediately after they all then kick the young girl as her groans of pain were heard as exasperated laughs were heard from the knights. Multiple kicks made the pastime of the knight's end, and leaving behind was a broken girl as bruises were noticed around her body. Her brother snapping back to reality immediately looked at the sister, seeing his sister in a broken mess cause him to get up as he ran towards his sister, soldiers around the young girl backed off and some left the area.

 

"Noo! Please stay with me!"

 

The cries from the young boy were heard while he clenches her sister, his sister said nothing as continuing gasping for air, with both on the ground, soldiers around them looked at each other with many nodding their heads as some form of an agreement was allotted, out from the group, one comes out holding his 5ft blade raising it at the sky he slowly walks towards the two kids, the knight waited for a response, nonentity no sobs or begging mercy, was begged and made the knight disappointed. With him beside him, the knight could hear the sobbing for the young children, as the young boy shakes his little sister. He repeats shakes to no response and looking through her mouth could see it emotionless. The young boy realizes this immediately, he looks at the sky and soon begins to ball out from the death of his sister.

 

The soldier felt ashamed that he didn't get to it fast, but seeing this the soldier soon places his blade within an angle with the tension of killing him crosswise. The loud cries were music from the soldiers around with many looking each other with some dance from the loud sobs, the soldier at the center got in the position to do so, with the child looking back at her dead sister, the noises from the knight behind was heard and his rapid breathing, he opens his face shield and said this to the crying child.

 

"My condolences.."

 

Immediately after, the knight quickly swings his sword, and sounds of groaning are heard from the man behind before he could slice through the young boy, an unfamiliar sound was heard from the distance, the unique sound made the knight stop at his track from killing the boy, he looked above the sky to see nothing but the night stars. Looking at his knight's looking at the forest he immediately glances at the massive forest behind to see nothing but loud noises at the forest.

 

The tones were something different with it immediately repeating its pitch, as it began to get louder and louder. With every knight at the burning village looking at the forest,  many were dumbfounded, as they waited for what came out from the forest. Screams then immediately came causing many to up at arms and some began to take formations. Blade at arms and ready for what comes, the knight who was about to kill the young boy had bigger fish to fry as he walked towards the mass black in front as the sounds of the clopping horse wear heard coming directly in front.

 

They all waited in a stance, blade in the sky and some holding other weapons other than a sword. The young boy couldn't get up, as he didn't bother to do so seeing that he comforted his dead sister. With many watching in front said nothing as they waited patiently on what appeared in their eyes. With sounds in the forest getting louder and even in the sky, the anxiety soon hit fewer of the soldiers with many immediately beginning to tremble with their weapons.

 

To their surprise coming from the forest was their comrade as they could be seen trembling and scared as he reached outside the forest he began to shout out to his comrades he found.

 

"THEY'RE HERE!"

 

Immediately after he cried out many of the soldiers soon left their guard down with many lowering their weapons to see their messenger crying out in fear, the knight in front soon walked towards him as he repeated his message to his comrades. "What here?" He asked. Seeing that his messenger was heard, the messenger on the horse soon grabbed the knight at his shoulder as he told him this.

 

"THE PEOPLE FROM THE GATE!!"

 

His cries were immediately overheard as above the sky machine-like wyverns flew by them as the loud robotic voices were heard around, the knights shocked by the sight with many beginning to close within each other as the mechanical wyverns hover around as the robotic voices were heard around them. A look of shock was over his face, shocked by the sight he was watching, nothing was left to say he dropped his sword at the sight of mechanical wyverns As within those mechanical wyverns were humans, themselves commanding those monsters his looking, He dropped to his knees and looked upon the monsters

 

"My great one, save us all."

 

….

 

….

 

….

 

------------------------------------------

 

August 11th, 678 AD.

 

9:00 AM.

 

Kingdom of Elijah, royal throne.

 

Middle of the valley of the Elijah continent lays a massive a civilized kingdom with the kingdom being bigger than any kingdom combine within their small continent, its massive walls was the keystone of the protection of its capital, being quite contemporary than most capitals walls combine, within the city, wooden houses and a large number of trees rule the inner cities of the capital as elves and other mix species greeting each other, the store and the bright sky was a perfect day for the people within the Elijah capital, with many of the locals heading to there closes parks and markets.

 

Within the throne, the room was beautiful with the rays of the sun lights up the room with comes from the large throne windows, constructed for the queen to watch at the kingdom below, and decoration of massively detailed arts of history was grave down above the roof as pillars within the room had texts and history explaining there early days of their healthy kingdom, but those wouldn't come into mine with the current situation as Queen Galadriel the IX sat down alongside her royal councils listening in front of the messenger, holding a paper as he read down its content. The council and the queen together listen to the many unfortunate news.

 

"Reports of Lielo capital being taken over has now confirmed we have reports of refugees coming to the border!"

 

The news was a massive surprise for the elves within the councils, with whispers and chatters that could be louder by given reports, and some councils began to doubt their capabilities. Some councils began to lose hope with many starting to act out, within the council.

 

"This is bad, our closest ally got defeated with ease, but how did they manage to get to the other side of the great desert?!"

 

One councilor cried out.

 

"The situation is very grim to say, getting defeated in under 2 months is faster than most conflicts combined."

 

"Well, this is far surprising to be sure, but how the hell do we do this?"

 

The councils immediately began to dispute each with some starting to doubt about the battle due to their large walls. The yellings between them gave a headache to the queen sitting at the throne, the agreement soon turned to shouts, and hearing that her councils were fighting between them, she smacked her first on the wooden handles and a loud smack was heard.

 

"Quiet!"

 

She yelled out, and immediately after ordering, she made the council quiet down with many looking back at the messenger. Back to the topic in mind, the defeat of their close ally, made the situation for their kingdom grim, with the chance if the invasion was right close to their borders and lack of manpower made the people within the capital far more concerned than they should. But for the queen, the queen sat with calm posture, hearing the news was sad to say, and looked at the messenger.

 

"What happened to the current monarch there?"

 

"They got away before being apprehended, chances are that they will come to us but we are not sure when they will arrive."

 

The queen immediately felt the tension of the dilemma that's happened with the nations around here, knowing that their nation isn't capable of ground warfare, even with their demographic being mostly elves within their country, their weak trait of being swordsmen weren't qualified, and even the population know, as they're more capable of being archers. But even with their 20,000 ground soldiers being trained, Galadriel understands that this is 1/10 knowing that she is facing a country with overwhelming numbers. The impression that they can stop the massive force quickly drops out, with the queen immediately realizing that her kingdom isn't capable of accomplishing it. as by the time they didn't stop the first force, and the far larger second would come. The queen felt tired as she soon exhaled loudly in the throne room, and the look of concern was over her face. She looked back at the messenger and asked for more information regarding the situation.

 

"How long till they come to our country?"

 

The messenger immediately after being asked flipped his paper to another page, a few flips of the paper brought him to a message given from their generals, he looked back at the queen.

 

"Regarding their chance of invasion against them, we say that their numbers are currently as high as they can, bringing many of their armies on the lielos capital, and we say that they would march to the border within 2-3 months."

 

The news was sound good to hear and even the Queen was pleased by the report, learning that they wouldn't start attacking till next October, made the queen quite pleased as this would give her enough time for her to make extra soldiers within her military. But even the report the feeling of a drawback was felt within her neck and the feeling of something wasn't right, she looks back at the messenger and raises her to wish as she signs him to get closer.  Being close to the queen, she immediately asked if any drawbacks were on this report.

 

"Are there any shortcomings in this? Something doesn't feel right."

 

The worried voice made the messenger feel quite pessimistic, and looking through the people again he took a good look to see that there weren't draws back due to the extra message not being sent.

 

"No, your majesty's forces within the border and its scouts haven't reported anything other than that. Your grace."

 

The queen understands the reason and looks at the council with a reasonable look, she gazes back at the messenger.

 

"Thank you for the report, you are free to go."

 

The messenger immediately bowed at the queen and looked behind as he walked towards the doors in front with the sounds of shoes being heard away. She looks at the councilors at her left, all silent after they order to quiet down after their small fuse, she sighs and does the same for the messenger, as many get up.

 

"You are all dismissed."

 

They all got up with many bowing as well, they left their small area, and with many walking to the same door, With the last man out, the guards immediately closed the massive doors as a long slam was heard at the other side. And the queen lead at the chair and the feeling of sleep was felt within her body. She soon closes her eyes and soon thinks about the current problems that her country is facing knowing that. Her country isn't strong on warfare, she begins to doubt like her councilors knowing that her country would be alone in this war. With the allies being defeated her aid of support did not help as reports of defeat by defeat made the queen roll her tears.

 

Why?.

 

She cried out, as the tears she cried out roll down her cheeks. Nothing to support she gets up properly on the chair and gazes at the capital that she lived in. The happy people within the city were something she cherished in her heart and while the beings of her city were far better than most capitals standards, but those faces would immediately turn to horror as she soon imagines the state of the city with the sky being dark as the fire rages on the inner buildings of her kingdom, echoes of screaming elves were heard as the cries from the cavalry kills many of the running elves, as they collect many on their lancers, then she looks upon to see her and her daughter tied to a wooden log as haystacks encircled her wooden pol around, the officer hold on touch, she imagines herself begging the officer her daughter beside her cried out in pain as she looked at her left to see her burn alive early then she expected to be. She looks in front and the officer soon drops the touch to the haystack causing a chain reaction as the fire gets stronger, she opens her eyes to see it as nothing but a daydream but the feeling of it was strong within her head, and the feeling of dread was over her body.

 

 

"How do you feel, my grace?"

 

Hearing an old calm elder voice she looks to her right where the voices were heard to see an old woman wearing a type of cloak, seeing it being the elder mage of the kingdom she scoffs from the question as she immediately told her the current situation. "no, unfortunately, to say that I doubt that we are capable of fighting this nation who survived, the great desert has defeated 3 of the countries who were once our allies, being defeated so easily."

 

"Our lack of manpower due to the expedition forces, conflicts we went to, and allies being defeated made us vulnerable!"

 

The queen soon looked away from the mage with the queen looking back at the outside view once more. The elder mage said nothing as she stands in the same position, and for the queen. She continues to tear up from the problem, looking back at the mage she asked her if there was anything they could do.

 

"The great one, is there anything we can do?"

 

The mage could see the queen being the same one she saw when she was 12 years old, her sight of an adult crying on the situation, wasn't something she would expect to see knowing that Galadriel. Was a strong girl when she was very young, she smiled at her and immediately walked towards her, getting close. She opens her eyes as she tells her one good news.

 

"I shall help you."

 

The queen felt a joy coming within her body and immediately got up and walked towards the mage, she bows at her and the mage felt the affection from the queen herself, the mage soon looked behind the throne chair, with a stairway towards the cellar was open in front of the mage, being the mage she walks towards it immediately stop for a sec. She looks behind to see the queen not following and asks the queen if she would do it.

 

"You wanna come?"

 

The queen immediately dashes towards her with the elder moving towards the door, both soon get in the door with the mage behind closing the door as both heads down as the queen joins along to see what her mage would do in this crisis.

6