Chapter 1: Ultimate skill
280 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up with sun rays on my face. The uncomfortable heat of sun burned my eyes until I had no choice but to wake up from my deep slumber. My legs and arms were sore from laying on the pebbles on the rough floor for so long. It took me a moment to realize that I was in a cave and another to remember I came to a new world. Looking at the red dents in my arms caused by the pebbles, I must have been sleeping here for hours.

I looked around the cave and realized  it was actually a small den barely 1.5 Meters wide. Outside of the den, a could see tall trees  reaching up to at least 10 meters into the sky, blocking my view.

I had agreed to come to another world, but ended up in a forest. What a way to start my adventure? Don’t tell I could not have been spawned into a city or at the very least into a village. Now, I can’t even stay in this den for the night, there is no telling what kind creature uses this place as a shelter during night time. I need to leave this forest as soon as possible and find a human settlement. The problem is I have no idea of where I am suppose to go. As far as I can see there is no indication of human live anywhere near here and I can't just waltz out of here without a plan expecting to find a village in whichever direction I walk towards.

“Oh god, how come this part is not mentioned in all those Iskeai books I have read. Being in a fantasy forest without any means to defend yourself is so unnerving. I don’t even have any means to defend myself in case of any danger.”

As soon as I thought that something popped up at the corner of my eye. A blue question mark symbol appeared in my peripheral vision. I turned my gaze to look at the object but the symbol always stayed out of my sight, unless I focused on it.

This must be the user interface. Now we are talking. I moved my hand to touch the question mark, but it hit empty air and the mark stayed the same. It seemed it does not work by physical contact. I concentrated my thoughts on opening the question mark in my head, but it was of no use as well. My last resort was to use voice command.

“Open!”

Nothing.

“Menu!”

Nothing.

“Turn on! Do something! I command you to open!...Alexa!...Si..Siri...Oh god help!”

At that moment the blue question mark turned dark and a window screen popped up in front of me. Does it work by saying ‘god’ or ‘help’ or do I have to say both, something like “God help”. Do I have to scream that every time I need to access the interface. Putting my wild ideas to rest, I decided to read the message on the window.

[

Hello, new player. Welcome to our beautiful world filled with magic and unicorns. You don’t have to worry about anything in this world, I already gave you the [God mode] hex. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

NOT!

This is a message from the [Admin] of this world. Well, technically this is an automated message we send to every [Outerdweller] that comes here. [Outerdweller] referring to people from other worlds that end here through one way or another. I am telling you this so you don’t get any ideas about you being special or anything of the like. The fact we have automated message for these kind of occasions should tell you just how common [Outerdweller] are. HAHA! Thought you were special, did you now? Well think again. And while we are at the topic of destroying your delusions, I should warn you about getting any ideas of gaining my affection either. I\ am an existence that is beyond any mortal or immortals reach, you will find it easier to destroy this world than to get an even glimpse of me. And this goes for you ladies too. Don’t think that just because I am a woman you will never fall for me. One look at me will be enough to have any creature questioning their sexual-orientation even if you are not even into humanoid beings. 

*insert crazy laughter right here*

Well any who, as an [Outerdweller] you get to choose the basic status you will start with, your magical affinity and a super skill from a given list or try your luck on the ‘Wheel of fortune’ for a chance of getting a super rare skill or a sh**ty one. You are probably thinking allowing you to build your own character means you can create an OP one, aren’t you? Well you are wrong. Ha, how many people have thought of that and died soon after.

The last thing I am obligated to tell you is that saying “Status” will open the status window for your new body.

That is all from me. Do try to survive as long as possible, this game will not be as interesting if all you noobs started dying out early.

]

There were quite a lot of information to digest in this message, but all I could think about was what my build was going to be. I didn’t really care about the narcissistic ‘Admin’ character or about this game we were all supposed to play. As the latter said, survival was my  biggest concern right now. And currently I was stuck in a forest without a single weapon, so my odds were not looking so well. 

So what kind of build should I have in this world. I always imagined myself as a sword wielding warrior, cutting my enemies down, but now that I am actually in a fantasy world I don’t think I can do that anymore. I don’t think I have what it takes to cold-bloodedly cut down people with a sword. I can’t have a supporter build either since I am on my own and have no party members. That only leaves a mage build.

If I am going to participate in this game in the future I will definitely have to learn swordplay to defend myself, but for the purposes of getting out of this forest alive I will create a mage build. A summoner build to be more precise. It is always better to have other people take care of all the troubling issues while I relax and enjoy myself. Besides they could serve as bait while I escape if I am ever in a sticky situation.

“Status!”

***

Name: Felix Casimir

Race: Human

Age: 23

Level: 0

Title: [Outerdweller] [Lost Sheep]

Stamina: 0

Mana: 0

Sanity: 10 000

Agility: 0

Jobs: None

Active skills: [Set statues(One time use)] [Choose skill(One time use)]

Passive skills: [Master Linguistic] [Calm mind(One day use) Time remaining: 23:35:36 ]

*more status information will become visible as you unlock them

***

So I start with zero in all states, I was kinda hoping that I had basic states to start with. I also have two titles already, I get the [Outerdweller] title but what’s with the [Lost Sheep] title. I guess I will have to ask that [Admin] character If I ever get to meet them. Time to get started on this build on. Wait! Wouldn't it be better if I chose my skill first, then build my status around that skill? This way I don’t make a mage build and get a skill sword skill. 

“Choose skill”

A new window popped up in front of me. It was divided into two halves, on one side there was a list full of skills to be chosen from. The other had a wheel with illustrations of different classes around it. There were the images of boxing gloves, a staff, an armor set, a bow and arrow and so many other symbols around the wheel. At the bottom of the wheel was the word “Spin.”

To be honest the skills on the list were not that impressive. They were all generic special skills. Things like, [Super strike], [Super punch], [Super summon], [ Drain touch], [Dragon strike] and many more skills. To be honest I was not interested in any of them, even the [super summon] skill. If I was going to base my build around a skill then it has to be a unique skill. 

The letter said I should focus on survival, but what is the point of living a boring and risk free life. I did not leave my world to cower at every major decision I make. I did it to get a harem and I am not going to get one if I start acting like a Pu**y. If I get an OP skill then my life will get easier and I can make my dream harem faster. If its bad, then I am no stranger to hardship. Overcoming it will make getting a harem taste even sweeter. Besides aren't there Isekai stores with a plot line about [a useless skill became OP].

“Spin!” I cried out loud pouring all my luck into my shout.

The wheel started spinning very fast before slowing down and finally coming to a stop. 

I quickly looked at the wheel to see what skill I got.

[

Skill: Ultimate Summon Item

Type: Growth

Description: A skill that allows the caster to summon any nearby object to their hands. 

The  range of the spell and the level of the item that is summoned depended on the level of the caster.

Cast time: 3 sec (3 cast available per charge)

Recharge time: 60 min

]

6