Chapter 2 – First Evolution
1.6k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the Micro Slime received that message, the Flies that had been on the rest of the dung heap and stopped trying to avoid it. It now smelled like everything else around it, effectively, “blending in.” Flies that had not been close enough before began to settle and touch it as well. It was not long before.

 

You have Absorbed 9 Flies!

 

Assimilation failed!

….

Assimilation failed!

 

You have Digested 9 Flies! You have gained 0.9 Exp for killing 9 Flies. Your Weight has increased to 58.233g; your Volume has increased to 29.117cm3.

 

YOU HAVE REACHED Micro Slime Level 2! CONGRATULATIONS! +1 Endurance, +1 Speed, +1 Vitality

 

The Flies did not add much to it in terms of weight or volume, but it did feel that satisfaction again. It had been a very good idea for it to take on the Odour thing. It was very helpful and useful, and the Micro Slime was enjoying the Flies immensely. It did not stop it from continuing to take in the manure though. That was still warm, so it just sat there. Its Health and Stamina regenerated, and it had no reason to leave. Why should it? Everything it needed was right here!

 

It flattened itself over the surface so that more of the flies buzzing around would land on it instead of the Dung Heap. At the same time, it continued to absorb and digest the dung to continue to grow and feed.

You have Absorbed 20 Flies!

 

Assimilation failed!

….

Assimilation failed!

 

You have Digested 20 Flies! You have gained 2 Exp for killing 20 Flies. Your Weight has increased to 58.473g; your Volume has increased to 29.237cm3.

 

YOU HAVE REACHED Micro Slime Level 3! CONGRATULATIONS! +1 Strength, +1 Endurance, +1 Perception

 

It was starting to notice a difference in its movements and in its ability to feel its body. It was able to move more easily as well. It was able to feel more of the area around it, and it was able to do so much more than just a day ago. It had grown so much in that time and gained a lot of weight. During its time absorbing all the flies, it had also continued to absorb more and more of the manure as well.

 

You have Absorbed 5.76g of Manure!

 

You have Digested 5.76g of Manure! Your Weight has increased to 64.233g. Your Volume has increased to 32.117cm3.

 

The manure was starting to run out and the Micro Slime was not particularly happy about that. It needed to look for another source of food. It stopped both Absorb and Digest. Photosynthesis was still active and it had managed to gain 0.6g through that skill. In addition, it still had a lot of Flies hovering above its body and frequently a fly would land and get Absorbed.

 

You have Absorbed 30 Flies!

 

Assimilation failed!

….

Assimilation failed!

 

You have Assimilated 1 Fly and can now choose what to Assimilate from the Fly. Would you like to Assimilate the Wings, Eyes, Legs, or Feelers? If you do not choose then an option will be selected at random!

 

No option was selected; you are awarded Eyes of the Fly Level 1! Congratulations, you have gained the Sense Sight!

 

Something was happening! It had a sensation coming from a part of its body. It was difficult to describe as it had never felt the sensation. In addition to its Perception, it was now able to understand what lay around it through this additional sense that was sending signals to its “brain.” It was able to see! The Micro Slime could not see much nor very far, but it could still see further than it could feel with its Perception. It would need to get used to this new sense, but it was a noticeable improvement!

 

You have Digested 30 Flies! You have gained 3 Exp for killing 30 Flies. Your Weight has increased to 64.593g; your Volume has increased to 32.297cm3.

 

YOU HAVE REACHED Micro Slime Level 4! CONGRATULATIONS! +1 Strength, +1 Vitality, +1 Speed!

 

It has become stronger, using its new organs, eyes, it could see the flies around it and it could see how many there were. There were so many it could not see clearly. It had attracted more with its smell and the fact that it was getting bigger and bigger. As far as the flies were concerned it was an ever-growing mound of Dung. It was fly heaven, or hell if they ever got smart enough to realise that they were being eaten.

 

The Micro Slime didn't need to know right from wrong. It knew that getting bigger was a good thing and that new and interesting things kept happening to it. It wanted to continue on this path and see where it led.

 

Since it had now completely digested almost all the manure and Flies were drawn to it. There was no real reason to continue to stay here. It started to move forward much faster than it could before. Within a few minutes, it had made it to the edge of the woods from the house and had adapted to its sense of sight. It could move its eyes around on its body to see in different directions, the eyes it had Assimilated were able to give it a reasonable 90deg angle of view when it faced the eyes in any particular direction. However, for some reason, it had to keep the eyes together. When it tried to separate them and put them at opposite ends of its body it received an error message.

 

You are unable to perform this action; Eyes of the Fly cannot be used in that way yet!

 

Of course, while it did not understand that message, it did understand that it was not working, and so it didn’t worry about it anymore. It was also starting to feel as though it wanted to understand what was going on, but it thought something was holding it back. It had not experienced things like thoughts and feels so it did not fully know what to do with them.

 

While this was happening, it had continued to absorb the many flies that were around it.

 

You have Absorbed 40 Flies!

 

Assimilation failed!

….

Assimilation failed!

 

You have Digested 40 Flies! You have gained 4 Exp for killing 40 Flies. Your Weight has increased to 65.073g; your Volume has increased to 32.537cm3.

 

YOU HAVE REACHED Micro Slime Level 5! CONGRATULATIONS! +1 Vitality, +1 Endurance, +1 Perception

 

You have reached the Maximum Level for a Micro Slime! You are ready to evolve!

 

Evolutionary Options

 

Tier 2 - Mini Slime

Requirements: Be a Micro Slime Level 5

Description: A Mini Slime is simply a large form of Micro Slime, it has greater capabilities than the Mini Slime simply due to its size, no other special characteristics.

Evolutionary Bonus: Gain Intellect Stat +1, +2 Strength, +2 Endurance, +15HP, +5HP Regen, +5SP

Requirements Met

 

Tier 1 - Aerial Micro Slime

Requirements: Be a Micro Slime Level 5, have Assimilated Wings of the Fly, Level 1

Description: Aerial Micro Slime does not increase in size or strength however it allows you to enhance your current form by integrating the flight capability more fully with your form, allows you to manifest and retract wings instantly and each level up will multiply the amount of experience you collect while flying.

Evolutionary Bonus: Gain Intellect Stat +1, Gain Accuracy Stat +1, Gain Reaction Stat +1, +2 Speed, +2 Perception, +10HP, +7SP, +3SP Regen

Requirements Not Met

 

Tier 1 - Dense Micro Slime

Requirements: Be a Micro Slime Level 5, have a Density greater than 3.00g/cm3

Description: This is a denser form of Slime, you will be able to pack more of a punch behind your actions and skills, however at the cost of being slower.

Evolutionary Bonus: Gain Intellect Stat +1, +4 Strength, +3 Endurance, -2 Speed, +2 Vitality, +30HP, +10HP Regen, +15SP, +5SP Regen

Requirements Not Met

 

You have only qualified for 1 Evolutionary Option, do you wish to Evolve now or wait? If you do not choose you will automatically be evolved, if you would like to wait you will need to select No.

 

Yes / No?

 

No choice has been made, since you have only 1 viable option you will be evolved into a Mini Slime Level 1!

 

You have gained the Mental Stat Intellect; your Intellect is currently 1.

 

You have gained the Mental stat Mana; your current Mana is 4MP; your MP Regen is 1MP per day!

 

+2 Strength, +2 Endurance, +15HP, +5HP Regen, +5SP

 

All HP, MP, and SP have been restored on Evolution!

38