Chapter 7 – Almost Died…. Again
1.3k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Resh had consumed much of the top foliage of the tree. So, it unfurled its wings and flew to the next tree and then continued to flit about there until it could not fly anymore.

 

You get a 50% species bonus to flying distance! You gain 100% bonus Exp from flight-related skills. You have flown 10.5m! 73.5 Exp earned, this is doubled due to your species bonus from Aerial Mini Slime! You have gained 147 Exp in Wings of the Fly!

 

This was incredible. It thought that it had been able to fly before, but compared to this, compared to the ease with which it could fly now? It had only been waddling about aimlessly before. It hardly had to make any effort, and it knew it was only going to get easier from here. It only wished it could fly more each hour, but its muscles tired too quickly, but it was gaining experience effectively three times as fast as it was before. So, it just needed to keep it up. It also really did need to find some enemies to beat. Otherwise, it would be stuck forever at Aerial Mini Slime Level 1.

 

Since it could now effectively fly between adjacent trees, it kept up this pattern, keeping its Legs of the Fly manifested even during flights and continuing to Absorb and Digest between its short-hop flights. Over the next 12 hours and twelve tree canopies, it made significant gains.

 

Eyes of the Fly has increased to Level 8!

 

Wings of the Fly has increased to Level 8!

 

Through Photosynthesis and Digest your Weight has increased by 105.6g your Weight is now 108.95g and your Volume has grown to 51.88cm3.

 

It had taken it almost a week to get to its previous size, so it was nice to know that within 12 hours it had now regained about a third of what it had lost.

 

I suppose Consolidate wasn’t as much of a hindrance as I had thought it would be. Good to know!

 

Wings of the Fly was also improving quickly. It had levelled, which meant instead of being limited to around 10.5m it could now do 12m before it needed to rest. While it was only a meter and a half, it was still an improvement that would grow with time and it was really happy with the progress.

 

It was when it got to the twelfth tree and was in the process of digesting that it encountered another creature. It was still Camouflaged as tree bark so it had not been noticed yet, but it was only a matter of time as the creature was padding towards Resh.

 

It did not look anything like the two creatures that had stepped on and almost killed Resh around a week ago. This creature was covered in dark green fur that blended well with the foliage around them. It also had what looked like pointed ears and sharp fangs in its mouth instead of canines. But it was small, maybe a little larger than Resh was before using Consolidate. Six paws with three very sharp looking claws on each held it to the branch. The claws were digging into the wood quite deeply and while Resh did not think the creature would be able to kill it, it knew those claws would hurt a lot.

 

Resh was not interested in pain of any kind and it did not have any pain resistance at all. It tried to subtly move out of the way of the creature from above the branch it lay on, to below it. Through a combination of Perception and Eyes of the Fly, it knew the ruse had not worked. This six-legged beast was coming directly for it. As soon as Resh moved, the creature's eyes had locked onto it. Perhaps it was territorial and so it did not want anything else in its tree?

 

Run….or fight?

 

Resh took a moment to decide and that was enough for the creature to swipe at it with one of its front claws. When the claw descended…

 

You have failed to avoid Treaber’s attack! You have received 14HP Damage from Treaber!

 

Arrghhh! That hurt! I need to find a way to Absorb it!

 

Resh didn’t know what to do; it had not been in a confrontation before. It was trying to decide between fighting or running but the reality was that it had never fought anything. The flies could hardly be called a fight, nor could the two things that had run over it. With a Speed of 10 it wasn’t going anywhere fast the only thing it had was Wings of the Fly it decided that it would try to Absorb the creature and if that did not work then it would fly away.

 

Resolved to action Resh extended slime towards the Treaber. Though small, the Treaber was feisty and it would not go down, anytime Resh extended any of its body which was significantly larger than the Treaber’s it would get cut or slashed.

 

You have failed to avoid Treaber’s attack! You have received 12HP Damage from Treaber!

 

You have failed to avoid Treaber’s attack! You have received 9HP Damage from Treaber!

 

You have failed to avoid Treaber’s attack! You have received 16HP Damage from Treaber!

 

You have failed to avoid Treaber’s attack! You have received 10HP Damage from Treaber!

 

It had lost half of its health in 5 attacks from the Treaber before realising that the Absorb tactic was not working.

 

Time to think, what else can I try?

 

Resh formed an appendage that slowly extended from its body and down under the branch. With Tree Bark Texture still in effect, the appendage blended and went unnoticed by the Treaber. Resh funnelled more and more of its body into the appendage. Then, it reached around the back of the Treaber before slamming the appendage down onto its head! It staggered and wobbled on the branch from the impact and Resh struck, again and again, hammering the Treaber like an annoying nail and within moments it was out.

 

You have failed to avoid Treaber’s attack! You have received 15HP Damage from Treaber!

 

You have failed to avoid Treaber’s attack! You have received 11HP Damage from Treaber!

 

For succumbing to so much damage +1 Endurance!

 

You learned Slime Club Level 1! You can extend a section of your body to use as a Club Weapon Type. Damage depends on the level of the Skill and your Strength Stat. Note: Slime Club requires your Volume to be above 50cm3 otherwise the skill will fail.

 

You have hit the Treaber for 1.12 Damage! Treaber is in pain and flinched back!

 

You have hit the Treaber for 1.12 Damage!

 

From attacking so many times you have gained +1 Strength.

 

Slime Club has increased to Level 2!

 

You have gained 15 Exp for killing Treaber!

 

YOU HAVE REACHED Aerial Mini Slime Level 2! CONGRATULATIONS! +1 Intellect, +1 Acuity, +1 Speed

 

Assimilate failed!

 

You have Absorbed and Digested the Treaber!

 

You have gained 45g by Digesting the Treaber; your Weight has increased to 153.95g; your Volume has increased to 73.31cm3.

 

Resh was panting by the end of that bout.

 

I can’t believe something so weak is stronger than I am. I have no way of knowing what is attacking me! I need some way of knowing what is happening around me. This is becoming dangerous every time I meet another creature it seems to almost kill me. Need stronger attacks.

 

Slime Club had levelled up so it would do more damage, but the other interesting thing was getting a point of Strength without a level up or evolution. Did that mean that it just needed to keep working and it would gain stats as well? It seemed to be random as it had not gained any speed even though Resh had been running and flying around, but maybe there was a threshold or maybe it needed to just keep at it and more would come.

 

Killing the Treaber had resulted in a level, however, there had to be a more reliable way to understand the surroundings and what was in the area around poor Eyes of the Fly and Perception aside, there had to be more that could be done.

 

You have gained the Exploration Skill Identify Level 1! More information will be revealed with Level!

 

Most people would have thought it suspicious that new skills seemed to conveniently appear as required, but the Aerial Mini Slime was not forward-thinking or speculative enough to worry about it. However, it would learn that in this world every lesson took its own time. It being a Slime also affected what it could learn and how quickly as well. It still had a lot to learn about its abilities and the world it was in as well. Much would be revealed with time.

36