Chapter 2: 5 Years Old and Remarriage
1.6k 7 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mistress Ivana, please wake up. You're getting late for your lessons today."

"Mmm. Five more minutes Nanny" replied a little girl half asleep in bed. Above her is standing an old lady in a maid's dress holding her head while sighing.

"Mistress, you'll miss your breakfast if you don't wake up now."

"I'm up." Ivana lept out of bed. "Let's go get breakfast!"

"Mistress wait!" The nanny yells. "You have to change!" But it was too late. Ivana ran out of the room down the hall.

"Sigh. How will Mistress ever find a good man if she acts like that?" The nanny asked no one.

At the same time, Ivana ran the long hall thinking about what happened since the fave years she got reincarnated.

It's been a long 5 years. I couldn't even move for the first year. I wish mom was here. I've never met her bad dad always says a ton of good things about her.

Just saying my take on reincarnation is that the people have their memories but can have a changed personality and have the same rationality/thought process as someone of their age. Currently, Ivana is 5 so her thoughts will be that of a 5-year-old.

"Good morning Mistress Ivana," a maid said as she ran by.

"Good morning!"

Ivana ran past her and ran into the dining room where a handsome man was sipping tea and reading a newspaper.

"Papa!" Ivana yells. She runs to the handsome man's lap and jumps on. He smiles seeing his daughter and pats her head. Ivana looks up at her father and sees his beautiful face.

My father is really pretty and nice. He would've been a top-rate actor in my past life. I have to protect him from the evil ladies who want to take advantage of him. It doesn't help that he's one of the 4 dukes and one of the kingdom's 3 swordsmen

"Ivana, did you get out of bed late?" The duke asked her.

"Yes..." Ivana looks down, feeling guilty.

"Sigh. Ivana, you have to make sure you wake up on time. Your lessons as a noble are extremely important."

"But Papa," Ivana pouts, "I don't wanna do my lessons. They're suuuuper duuuper boring."

"I know Ivana. But one day you'll need the knowledge you learn from them."

"Fine. I'll go." Ivana crosses her arms. "Hmph."

"That's a good girl," Duke Vermillion says patting her head. Ivana looks at the food in front of her and starts to eat. "Anyways Ivana, I've got important news. I've got an imperial order to remarry."

Ivana looks at him in shock with the spoon held up in her hand. "Does that mean Ivana is getting a mom?”

“Yes.”

“Is Ivana’s mom a nice lady?”

“I don’t know sweetie. I’ve never met the lady they want me to marry. From what I hear from George(The Emperor), the other dukes forced him to give the decree yesterday. I’m going to be marrying the second daughter of the duke of the north.”

“Hmph. Those old men are bad dukes, nothing like Papa at all. When I grow up, I’ll protect papa from all the bad dukes.”

Duke Vermillion smiles down at his daughter and pats her head. “To do that you have to do your classes, otherwise you won’t be smart enough to protect Papa.”

Ivana looks up with passion flaming in her eyes, “Then I’ll do all my classes and become smart enough to protect Papa!”

“Also Ivana, I’ll have to leave later today to head to the capital for a few days for the marriage. I would bring you but I think you’ll get bored.”

“Papa is leaving? When will you come back?” Ivana felt slightly worried. She didn’t want her dad to leave her forever as her previous life’s father did.

“Don’t worry sweetie. I’ll be back soon. Remember to do your classes and don’t cause problems for your nanny.”

“Mm. Okay, Papa. I’ll be a good girl. When you come back I’ll surprise you.” Ivana quickly eats her breakfast and runs off.

___________________________________________________________

1 hour later…

“Ivana pay attention,” her teacher lectured her.

“Ehhh,” Ivana snaps up. ”So-sorry. “I’ll pay attention.”

66