Info on the world
1k 11 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry for being so late to make an actual chapter. I'm trying to sort out my thoughts regarding the story and plan stuff out. The next chapter should be out by Sunday.

Our world is called Asterot, imagine earth but far larger, diverse and the climate is not limited to any location like in our world. For example, the climate could change due to the presence of mana or powerful beasts. Thus you can go to the poles and find a rainforest in the middle of a volcano. The total population is 845 billion split across multiple large continents. Many ancient ruins are unexplored with technology not having developed and powerful traps protecting them.

The country our protagonist is from is called Leandro, one of the strongest human nations in the world. There are multiple continents, but travel is limited as there are high-level deep sea creatures in the open ocean that hunt ships. They don't appear on the cost that often so some countries rely on coastal fishing. And the many nations of different species. This world also incorporates a ton of fantasy creatures, almost any I can think of, I'll try to incorporate.

Back to Leandro, it's split into 5 sections with the east bordering the sea, thus being a mercantile area. The south is the breadbasket. The north is half mountain, thus cold and half plains, where most of the population lives. The central is the capital and where most of the nobility resides as well as the mages' tower(magic organization). The west is a dry area that cannot sustain crops, kind of like a savannah but more deadly. It's like this due to miasma concentration, which creates the Gema(I was thinking of Miasma Gene(ration) and decided to combine them), bloodthirsty creatures that hunt any animal. These are different than monsters that are born like normal animals but have mana cores. The Gema are kinda shadowy creatures, with their strength depending on how much mana was used in their creation. They cannot be hunted for food. When killed they become miasma again. They are repelled by an excessive amount of life, but in large enough numbers, can repel and invade areas, thus need to be regulated.

To the direct north is the demon country, which is somewhat hostile in the beginning, but more recently has been considered "evil" by the church of light. An incident caused the current ruler of the demons to hate humans and be an unkillable(at the time) tyrannical dictator. Gods exist and many powerful creatures as well and can influence other races. The gods are limited in doing so as Origin, the first god, decreed rules before deciding to isekai himself. The rules are unbreakable.

A status exists and this is your stereotypical status. Levels, EXP, the like. It is given to children at 6 along with their mana affinities, which can be pure(common) and specialized(rarer). Everyone can use magic, but their ability to do so relies on proficiency and mana amount. People with more than one element are rare with 1/10000 being able to do so and less that can have mana as an offensive tool. As this is a world in an otome game, the exceptions are the magic types which are considered holy by some nations, like light for all human ones which is rare like 1 in 100 billion. Along with status awakening, people receive a free random skill. Also, the tiers for almost everything are common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary, mythic, godly, isekai'd(the final one is a joke regarding that isekai protagonists are unbeatable :p). Also, skills are gainable so you're screwed if you gain a common or uncommon skill. But skills can evolve into different. And just because a skill is legendary, it doesn't mean it's better. While this is often true because rarer skills are often offshoots of normal skills, not always. And children can't spread stat points till they're 12 as decreed by Origin to allow them to make rational choices when older. I added this to make things more interesting so Ivana can't get OP in no time. She has to do a ton of work and risk her life just as much.

 

Oh and one last question. How many words would you prefer to be the range I put these at?

What skill should our Ivana get?
  • Overdrive(Epic) - Boost of power in all ways for a short time for the inability to move afterwards Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Sherlock's Eye(Mythic) - can discern truths and lies and all other falsehoods Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Inner demon(Mythic) - Awaken a demon and mass power buff but lose all reasoning Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Limit break(Rare) - Like overdrive but weaker and without the the debuff Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Library(Epic) - Can remember everything AFTER skill is gained Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Virtue of Valor(Legendary) - None at the time of receival Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Other: Post option in comments. If they get 5 likes, I'll put them on a roulette Votes: 1 1.1%
Total voters: 94
42