Chapter 12: Issues
938 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Before we begin, I want to say sorry for the late update. A few things have been happening and just to name a few, I'm joining a collab, midterms are coming up, my parents not wanting me to write, and new manga that I began to read.

I will keep continuing the story obviously, but it's going to be less frequent for the next month.

Anyways check out the collab I started. More info about it is on the page. Also share it with others and maybe persuade some of your favorite authors to join season 2.

Link's here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/415749/arant-chronicles-fight-for-ibinia-season-/

 

Name: Ivana de Vermillion Age: 10 Race: Human
STR: 24 END: 16 INT: 30
DEX: 25 LUK:6 WIS: 7
Skills: Library(Lv.13), Water Magic(Lv.15), Wind Magic(Lv.11), Swordsmanship(Lv.13), Bond(Human)
Titles: Princess
I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but the average adult's stats are about, for str is 20, end 20, int 25, dex, 15, luk 10, wis 10. Also IDK why but the tables keep getting messed up for me.

Ivana noticed nothing new on her status except for the new bond with Lucius. She was unsure of what it could do as it lacked a description. But since nothing changed she instead looked at a girl with white hair. With her legs curled in front of her face, Lucia was pouting with a tear-stained face. She was still upset over the fact that Ivana changes something as major as her gender just for a joke.

"Are you still upset?" Ivana asked patting Lucia on the back. "Don't worry Lucia, you're really pretty. If you smile you'll look 100 times better, so stop crying." Lucia just glares at her more, letting Ivana see her tear-stained face. She grabs the handkerchief in her pocket and begins to lightly rub the tear stains off Lucia's face. Although she's still upset, Lucia felt better with one of the first times she was being treated nicely. 

"Well we've got to go now," she said finally, not wanting Ivana to realize she felt better. "Follow me," she said pulling Ivana out of the temple. "Goddess send us back." She yelled, before once again the scenery around them changed and now they were in a camp full of 30 soldiers moving around.
***

"So now that we're done, can you tell me who this is?” Zogard asked indicating to Lucia. He had just gotten off giving an earful to Ivana about her stupidity for running away. And while listening to Ivana explaining her story was about to give her another one.

“And after that, we came back.” Ivana had just finished her story.

“So you’re telling me that you brought back the sixth hero?”

“Yep.”

“And you turned her into a girl without her permission?”

“Yes?”

“Are you stupid? Why would you do something like that without their permission! Not only that you did that to the sixth hero, a loved and respected figure that everyone reveres for giving their lives to fight the gema monstrosity!"

"Because boys are gross!" Ivana began trying to defend her point. "I don't like them. Boys suck. If there were no boys I wouldn't have to deal with Brian or Xander! Lucia is my first friend. She can't be a boy!" She truthfully let out her subconscious reasons, forgetting that part of it was a prank. Zogard was unable to think of any good counters as he realized that it would make sense for Ivana to dislike boys, after everything that had happened. The only two boys she had ever met were piles of walking trash.

“Fine. But don’t do something like this again,” he said. He then turned to Lucia apologizing. “I’m sorry for what our mistress had done to you. If you find the mercy in your heart, please forgive her." He said, now kneeling on the forest floor, his head lowered.

"Ehhhhh!" Lucia reacted with shock. "You don't need to do that. It's fine. I already forgave her a long time ago. And there's no problem with me being a girl. It's just that I was surprised."

"So you weren't mad at me?" Ivana asked. Lucia realized her facade had fallen apart.

"Ye-yeah, I'm not. But you never told me you were a noble? I thought you were a knight."

"Well, you never asked. So it's your fault."

"Mistress if you talk like that you won't be able to make more friends you know?" Zogard cautioned her from acting haughtily, as he saw where that path could lead to.

"Well, I don't need friends. I have Lucia now!"

"Yup she's got me!" Lucia replied with a smile on her face and hands on her hip. She felt for the first time in a while for her. She hadn't felt this way ever since she had left the orphanage. "So Ivana is you're a noble why are you dressed as a knight?"

"The king asked someone to represent our family and my dad was super strong, but he got cursed so I asked to come in his stead."

"Does that mean you're from a baron family that you're going to war?"

"Nope! My dad's a duke!"

"Which of the 6 dukes?"

"6? There's only 4 though."

"Mistress there were 6 dukes but the other two died out a few generations ago.  Lady Lucia, to answer your question, Ivana's from the ducal house of the west, the de Vermillion family." Suddenly as fast as the wind, Lucia's expression changed from curiosity to disgust.

"Lucia, you okay?" Ivana asked, reaching to comfort her friend, but her hand was slapped away.

"DON'T TOUCH ME," she yelled and got up and ran away. She felt rage at the man who had let her die and fate for forcing her to help his descendant. She bet that this girl was also putting up a facade just because she was the hero, that she would let her die as well.

Ivana got up to run after her but was stopped with Zogard's hand on her shoulder. She looked at him pleadingly but he just nodded his head.

"Mistress it's better you don't go. She seems upset with that name and I feel that there is bad blood involved. Let me go talk to her." Hearing this, Ivana felt depressed that she may lose her only friend and sat down. She could only trust in Zogard at this point.

***

In front of a large tree in a clearing, a girl was standing while punching and kicking it. Lucia's face had a scowl.

"You know you're punching in the wrong posture right?" A man walked into the clearing.

"You're the one from earlier, the knight captain," Lucia replied a bit confused as to why he was here. "Don't tell me you're here to take me back, huh? Just like your precious mistress ordered you to." She sarcastically taunted him, seeing how he would react.

"Nope. She wanted to come herself but I stopped her. I wanted to come to talk to you myself. What happened that you hate the name, de Vermillion?"

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS," Lucia yelled. "YOU'RE JUST GOING TO USE THE INFORMATION AGAINST ME JUST LIKE KARDOR AND THE OTHERS DID!"

"Kardor? Wasn't he one of your allies?"

"He did nothing! And when I was dying he just left me there, not even trying to heal me!" She hissed out. Zogard frowned, understanding what had happened. He then drops to his knees in front of Lucia and hugs her. She begins to cry, hitting his back. 

"LET ME GO!" she repeats. But before long, she's sobbing, returning the hug.

"You know the mistress hasn't had the best life either. She was born without a mother and her father was forced to remarry a woman who cared more about wealth and status than human life. She treated Ivana as something to take her rage on, so I implore you, please be Ivana's friend. You're the only one who she seems to be able to trust besides her father. I could tell that from the short interactions she had with you that she seems to hold you der already. So please don't hurt her. I know that wrong had been done to you, but don't make the receiver of it Ivana."

***

The night was falling and Ivana continued sitting. She kep tnibbling on her nails, unaware of the knights packing up the camp around her. She was scared that her friend would leave her and never come back. In this endless circle of depressive thoughts, a hand touched her shoulder. She looked up and saw Lucia standing with a faint smile on her face. Ivana leaped up and hugged her.

"I don't know what happened but please stay with me Lucia. You're my first friend and I don't want to lose you!"

"Of course. We'll be together forever."

34