Chapter 23: Camp’s Victory
111 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ROAR!”

The dark spawn was wailing in agony.

“what’s happening to it?” someone asked.

“The dark spawn will also face a tribulation like us, but unlike our tribulation which comes for the dark miasma, his tribulation comes from the light clouds above,” Noelani answered.

Adam did notice light, that is snake-like in shape, flashing on the dark spawn’s body from time to time.

“Alright, it’s time to move,” Noelani said and raised her hand.

One of the longer tree vines stretched out and grabbed the stun-locked dark spawn.

The two level-2 creatures nearby wanted to stop Noelani’s actions, but Gan and the other members of Noelani’s team used their long-range skills to hinder their actions.

‘It’s unfortunate for you, that the tree control skill has reached level 2. I removed it from my innate orb just for this moment.’ Noelani thought while the tree vines extracted the dark spawn at a fast speed.

Soon, the dark spawn was tied in front of Noelani. He was twitching and had smoke coming out of his body.

Noelani put her hands on what used to be her previous campmate, the next moment, a bright light began to shine from the dark spawn.

The camp members began seeing a snake-like light source that was circling all over the spawn’s body.

It started to grow in size, slowly but surely.

The creatures under the wall began to go on a rampage, whether it was punching the wall as hard as they could, or trying to climb it, all the attempts failed thanks to the design of the wall.

Everyone saw the dark spawn’s cries of agony were becoming quieter while the light was enveloping more of the body and growing in size.

Eventually, the light snake was swirling and then stopped, there was nothing remaining of the dark spawn, or Fabian the former camp member.

There was a dead silence, even the creatures that came from the miasma were quiet as if they were surprised about what happened.

All this time, Noelani had her hand on the snake light and did not let go of it.

The next moment Noelani jumped off the wall and landed next to the creatures.

“Noelani!” Her team members were startled by her actions.

The place she landed was close to the two level-2 creatures.

All the creatures inside the purification dome rushed at her.

Noelani raised the light snake and in the blink of an eye, a light flashed through the two level-2 creatures.

Two heads fell on the floor, followed by the creatures’ bodies falling as well.

The level 3 creature was late when he reached Noelani’s location, it was Noelani’s team’s long-range skills that slowed it down.

Once it reached Noelani, the creature saw her wave the snake light, which reached the size of a large thigh after consuming the dark spawn.

The snake light quickly wrapped around the level 3 creature and kept swirling as it did with the dark spawn.

This time, however, there was a lot of steam coming from the contact of the two creatures.

Both the miasma creature and the snake light seemed to be shrinking, though the miasma creature is suffering much more.

However, everyone noticed that the snake light seemed to warp the light inside the purification dome towards itself, as though it was consuming the purification dome’s light.

Some were able to tell that the snake light was being replenished by the purification dome.

The miasma creature started to move, however, the direction it was going was out of the purification dome.

“Stop it! Don’t let it get to the dark miasma!” Noelani exclaimed.

Her team, which has honed its reactions for a while now, moved almost instantly and used their skills to halt the miasma creature’s movements. Some even went down and used rope to try halting its movement.

Adam and some of the non-combatant members also jumped down to help.

The level 3 creature was stopped from approaching and was even pushed away from reaching the miasma.

After a short while, the miasma creature fell to the ground and was declared dead.

“We actually did it! We beat the tribulation!” the camp celebrated.

Everyone saw the power of the creatures brought by the tribulation, everyone could tell that there will be many losses during this fight, but the fight was resolved quickly and with no casualties.

Noelani was stroking the snake light affectionately as though it was her beloved pet.

“Noelani, what is that thing?” it was Gideon that asked.

“If a dark spawn fails its tribulation, an elemental of light will be born.” She explained.

“Amazing! What level is it for it to beat a level-3 creature.” Someone asked.

“You could tell if you can sense mana, it’s a level-2, it could fight with the level 3 creature probably because it’s in our purification dome,” Noelani answered.

“Well, there is something I have to attend to, I will be leaving,” Noelani informed everyone while walking towards the dark miasma.

“What?! Why are you going out during midnight when the miasma is at its densest?!” Her team exclaimed.

“There is something important I have to do; besides, the miasma will clear up completely soon. You all can think of it as the miasma is rebounding after the tribulation.”

The next moment, she took out an innate orb which quickly exploded in brightness.

There were also sounds of cracking coming from the orb.

“Noelani! That’s my orb, isn’t it? You can’t use your method of dome amplification, or it will break the orb!” Adam voiced his complaint.

This innate orb is not his only one, it’s just that he does not want to lose one if he doesn’t have to.

“I need the amplified purification dome, this is important for the light elemental to fight. Besides, you’ve lost any claim to it after you stole it from the camp last time.” Noelani answered while giving Adam a cold look.

Adam frowned, but did not say anything more, he did not care much about her twisted sense of righteousness or the orb all that much.

What’s the big deal? He can make another one whenever he wanted. Plus, now that the dark spawn is gone and the miasma will clear up, he is freer to leave than ever before and then duplicates as much as he wants.

Noelani walked to the edge of the purification dome but paused.

‘Why isn’t he making a bigger fuss about this? Does he not care at all about his innate orb?’ Noelani thought while not showing any emotions on her face.

‘Hmm, I wanted it to seem more natural, but oh well, as long as I land a hit that’s all I care about.’ Noelani turned around and used her water skip skill to appear beside Adam.

*smack* “Ugh!”

Noelani landed a gut punch on Adam and made him curl on the floor in pain.

“That’s for all the trouble you’ve caused, I hope you learn from your mistakes and do better next time.” Noelani scolded and left the camp’s purification dome.

5