Chapter 27: Instincts
96 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Sorry i had not posted.

I have made a twitter to share whats happening with the chaps production.

https://twitter.com/avidsaal

 

Adam was walking in the dark miasma; his purification dome was keeping the dark miasma out.

But right outside of the purification there were several corruption shadows following him.

“Fabian was able to control more than a dozen shadows while I can only control 6 right now, it seems there are limitations for my partial transformation,” Adam said while in thought.

“But it should be fine, however, the biggest issue is the growth of the ooze.” Adam could not help but lament at the size of the ooze which has reached his chest and shoulders.

While Adam was thinking about his situation, he quickly reached the entrance of the dungeon.

Adam walked into the dungeon and could hear a faint sound of sizzling.

‘It looks like the energy consumption here will be higher.’ Adam thought while looking at his innate orb covered with a stone layer.

He looked at the walls that have a dark tint to them.

He was curious, so he raised his hand and used his earth clump skill, it worked successfully.

‘These stones are harder and stronger than normal stones, it took more time and energy for my skill to succeed.’

After doing this experiment, Adam and his co followed along the path of the dungeon.

There were many forks and different paths to take, thankfully, Adam only had to follow the feeling of calling and was able to navigate his way through.

‘It is like a maze.’

***

He encountered multiple shadows, but none had skills.

Since he could not control more than his 6 followers, Adam battled any shadow he encountered along the way.

But Adam did not have to lift a hand, he was able to mentally command the 6 shadows to gang up on any corruption shadow that appeared.

‘This is nice, the dark miasma has rebounded to such a degree that the shadows are so sparse that I can fight them one by one. Normally, even if it was not midnight, it would be common to be swarmed with shadows, and that’s true outside of the dungeon and more so inside it.’

Adam could not help but praise this situation.

‘But, there should still be some skilled shadows, right? It could be that I’m taking the same path as Noelani, she would have cleared any shadow, especially the ones containing a skill orb.’

‘Hmm?’

Adam noticed one of his shadows seemed to be injured, but could see the miasma flowing to him, it did not take long for the shadow to return to its peak state.

Adam nodded.

This phenomenon was noticed a while ago, it was not a big deal since the camp members had become proficient at killing the shadows quickly and the miasma recovery never became an issue.

***

Adam felt he was going to reach the thing calling him soon, then stopped.

*sizzle*

He could faintly hear the hallmark sound of purification.

It was a short distance away, plus this purification is of a level-2 corruption which was considerably loud, thus, Adam was able to hear the searing sound.

‘So it’s there.’ Adam’s face became more solemn, there was a hint of nervousness as well.

While keeping the coordinates of the sizzling sound, Adam and the shadows moved back where they came from.

The dungeon pathway Adam was currently in was slanted downward, so Adam traveled back on the path until he felt he was sufficiently higher than the coordinates of the sizzling sound.

‘This should be far enough for Noelani not to notice, and the height should be about right.’ Adam thought.

The next moment, he raised his hand to the wall, subsequently, a big chunk of the wall was pressed in.

Normally, Adam would not be able to do this.

He looked back at the following shadows, who also had their hands up.

‘The only hope I have is if her hint skill does not activate in time and break my plans.’

‘But Noelani, I’ll see if you can survive a cave-in!’

***

Noelani was standing in a feeble-looking purification dome.

She has let go of Adam’s orb and stopped amplifying the purification dome.

She is still waiting for Adam to come here, so she does not want the orb to shatter yet, otherwise, it would be tough for her.

“Hmm?”

Noelani sensed something wrong, she did not know why but could feel her instincts were warning her something is strange.

From many years of experience, she had developed this keen sense.

Noelani focused her attention on all around her.

Her instincts led her to notice a pebble on the floor.

It’s inconspicuous, but Noelani noticed the strangeness her instincts were trying to tell her, the pebble was vibrating ever so lightly.

Noelani picked up the innate orb and called the luminous snake back to her side.

Her body was ready to move at any moment and the purification dome was on full gear.

She not only kept an eye on the entrance of the room, but tried to monitor the walls, ceiling, and floor as best as she could.

She has experienced fighting many strange skills and creatures that taught danger does not always come from where you expect it.

However, Noelani stayed attentive to her surrounding, but nothing seemed to be happening.

Nonetheless, she trusts the instincts that helped her survive many life and death moments.

‘Could it be a level-2 dark elemental?’

She has practically wiped the dungeon of any shadows, but inevitably, the miasma will create more. But, that does not matter, since she keeps killing any shadow that appears here from time to time.

But for some reason, her instincts are alerting her that there is an unexpected threat other than the shadows.

The only thing she came up from the top of her head was a level-2 dark elemental.

‘No, the miasma is still rebounding from the tribulation, it should not be able to produce new level-2.’

‘Unless … it’s not a new level-2 but one that came from another island!’ Noelani’s eyes flashed.

‘But, for the level-2 to come here and travel over the water is unlikely. First, it usually kills all the humans on its island before moving to other islands, and two, it needs a specialized skill to move through the water to get here so quickly. A skilled level-2 so early and conveniently with a water skill is so improbable.’

Noelani’s thoughts began to run wild trying to figure out what is giving her this uneasy feeling.

However, in this tense state, Noelani was analyzing the entire room for anything strange and noticed something peculiar.

There was a faint bulge on the ceiling that was not there when she got here.

‘The danger is from above!’

5