Rude Awakening
109 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wake up! Dirty bastard!"

In a dark filthy alleyway, there slept a youngster barely seeming to reach the ripe age of twenty. A sturdy woman with her hair tied in a strict bun screamed at him. Since the youngster didn't seem to respond though, she changed tactics and reached for the bucket filled with brownish water beside her, not hesitating even a second before pouring the bucket on top of the youngster. "Ahhhhh, I don't have any money!" The youngster sprang up in such a hurried manner, that he almost fell over. He steadied himself with flailing arms, taking in his surroundings for the first time. Finally standing upright he noticed the woman standing before him and asked: "Need me for something?" Standing, the youngster's appearance suddenly seemed to much more resemble a responsible adolescent, than someone who would take naps in random alleyways. "Look at you, acting as if this is normal. I want you to scram, get away from my shop!" The middle-aged lady was obviously furious, resisting the urge to scream to the point of trembling. "Lady, this isn't your property! What right do you have to tell me to scram, even pouring water on me? Did I offend your family, or what?" The youngster was still dripping wet, standing still with contempt written all over his face. Although he had a fine appearance it couldn't be described as delicate, if anything it would be described as androgynous. His built was mostly unseen because of the layered and flowy clothing, making it hard to decipher the youngster's gender. Nonetheless, his straight posture and glaring gaze didn't make him look weak. But no matter how resilient someone is, they won't just accept being woken up in such a harsh manner without any rage. Of course, a woman daring to pour dirty water on a stranger also couldn't be deemed weak. She glared back just the same as the youngster. "This might not be my property, but you're scaring off my customers. Now scram I tell you!" Her voice almost cracked from holding back her fury, seeming to not want to attract unnecessary attention. "You could've told me that in a more civil way. Treating me this way without reason! How is it that you're furious?!- you know what? I'll leave." The youngster's face changed from angry to relaxed in a matter of seconds. without any notice, he swiftly passed by the old lady, disappearing into the crowd of people along the wide dirt street. The woman was flabbergasted for a few seconds, before choosing to forget this wretched incident, she had a shop to look after, after all.

Meanwhile, the youngster went on roaming through the shopping district of the city. He admired the fancy looking buildings with intricate carvings and flat clinker roofs, each unit hanging out a board to advertise their goods. After walking through the city and into the woods, he finally arrived at a desolated part of a little river and decided to wash off the dirt accumulated while napping in that alley. "Haa, how exhausting. And to think I just wanted to nap a bit."

(I wasn't yet sure what gender the protagonist should have, so I'm sorry for the confusion. Just to be clear, in order to fix my dilemma, I made the protagonist a woman that looks like a man so yeah.)
2