Chapter One Death in The Family
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter One 

Death in The Family

 

 

Ash: "EVERYONE! Back off!"

Astrid Barks: "Why didn't you tell me you had a child! I am waiting for your answer!"

Rose chimes in: "Ash, you are way over your head."

Jax pulls Grim and Sarah out of the fight, they wait on the outskirts of battle.

Jax: "We should stay out of this one. Hey, Isabel! Over here!"

Isabel races over with Sophia tagging along behind her. Isabel gives Jax a grand hug squeezing him.

Isabel: "JAX, Oh it is so great to see you!" 

Jax: "It is great to see you too."

Sophia felt left out of the whole reunion, she just stood there waiting for her turn. Isabel immediately turns around teary-eyed.

Sophia: "I am so glad you are back."

Sophia held her arms out waiting for a hug, Isabel was going to hug her but Vex got in the way.

Vex: "Who is this chick, and what is she doing with master's apprentice."

Sophia startled: "Who's familiar is that. Wait, is she yours."

Isabel: "No, this is Vex, Ash's familiar."

Jax: "Oh so this is Vex's daughter, then where is Vex at."

Isabel: "He, he is dead."

Jax: "Oh."

Sophia scratches Vex's neck, hitting that sweet spot. Vex rolls on the ground in pleasure as Sophia hits all the good areas. 

Sophia: "I hope you protect your master Vex, as your father did before you."

Vex: "I will~, just keep scratching!"

Grim adds himself to the conversation: "Hey Isabel, I am really sorry I did that to you."

Isabel: "Did what?"

Grim: "What happened on Mount Olympus."

Isabel: "Oh don't worry about it, just do the right thing next time."

Something felt off to Grim, he was going to ask but Sarah gripped his shoulder.

Sarah: "We need to talk to the other about this, the resurrection may have side effects."

He nods as Isabel enjoys the company of Sophia and Jax playing with Vex. 

Jax in his head: "This is bad, those earthquakes came from the loss of Vex, I can't imagine what would happen if Astrid died."

Back to the other hell that is taking place, Rose and Astrid are both in positions, ready to fight against Sam.

Ash: "I didn't know either! I am sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen!"

King: "Well brother, what are we going to do."

Ash and King are side by side, King focused on Rose and Astrid, Ash focused on Sam.

Ash: "No clue King, I just hope no one dies."

Sam: "If I kill this so-called Astrid then Ash will be mine."

Ash: "Shit."

Ash shouts: "If all you want to fight then so be it, King! Stand back!"

King joins the others on the sidelines: "Hey guys, how is everyone today."

Everyone: "Fine."

King: "Okay then, let us just see this fight unravel."

Ash's eyes glow up, a solid red in both eyes, black ball forms in his right hand. A pain fades in and out as Ash tries to keep the flame lit, a sharp pain hits his eyes, burning them intensely. Ash holds his head with his hand covering his face. The pain is insatiable, proving too great for Ash as he drops down to a knee. It goes unnoticed as everyone is too busy bickering among themselves. His eyes start to flicker from red to grey, a strong gust of wind comes from Ash, tearing off his blindfold. His left eye was red while the other was grey. The powerful winds get everyone's attention as he stands before all of them.

Ash: "What is wrong Rose, see something familiar."

Rose: "Everyone, stop Ash!"

Sam: "Lock!"

Ash's left eye turned brown, his gaze was locked on Sam and Astrid, in tears.

Ash with a frail voice: "Help."

The black ball of fire in Ash's hand stretched out black squiggle lines out of the ball. The black faded to a grey, scaring Rose so much she transformed. The fear in Rose's eyes only fueled Ash's might, giving him a boost in power as he stare her down.

Ash Soulless: "Oh sister, it is almost pitiful that you still use that form thinking it is a buff."

King and Rose put a frontal assault, launching a volley of level five spells.

King: "Level five Hell's flame!"

Rose: "Level five Ring of fire!"

Ash was surrounded by everyone, all formed around him. A blue ring of fire covered Ash, the walls are as high as redwood trees. He giggles as he clenches the ball slowly pushing it against the wall of fire extinguishing it as his twisted face peered through a small crack in the fire's defenses. 

Soulless Ash: "Do you not see that your fight has brought me out, and guess what, I don't care if you die."

He used the ball to take all the hits, swatting away all the lower spells. after the fire of death stopped and the smoke cleared, Ash stood still wielding the ball of destruction. Ash grew a twisted smile as he gazed at the ball.

Astrid: "Is that still you Ash."

Soulless Ash: "No, he is sleeping right now, after so much loss you guys keep on talking and fighting. No wonder why Ash stopped caring. Sam, you are the greediest person here, did you want to kill him just so you can bring him back as your puppet."

Sam shameful: "Well I-."

Soulless Ash: "Well nothing, you all are pitiful and disgusting, every single one of you wronged Ash, Now his eyes are talking, the eyes of judgment are now in control."

Ash slowly draws his katana, revealing the shiny black blade, Sam charged as did King. King slashed downward while Sam pulled a water blade out of her palm and swung with King. Ash blocked both overhand slashes, Rose and Astrid both boosted come from the side. Kicking him in the side, four people on him as he wouldn't budge, still holding his ball he jabbed it into his chest.

Astrid: "Ash no!"

Still holding his katana above his head with his right hand, Ash pulls a grey blade from his chest.

Ash: "Run."

That was his last warning before his left eye faded to grey. Jax came from the back, kicking Ash in the back. It moved him a few feet forward, five against one still didn't seem to be fair. Astrid and Rose burst to Ash head-on, Ash now with two blades of power slashed with little effort. It caused a slash through the earth ringing everyone's ears, after it calmed down and everyone oped his eyes, a white void sat in between Astrid and Rose. Ash combined the two blades forming a black and white blade. Everyone was demoralized, but King didn't lose hope rushing in to be headbutted. Followed with a stab to the gut. Everyone rushed in to stop what has already happened, Ash pulled the blade out of King, and Sparta kicked him to Sophia pinning her. The fire stayed in King's gut slowly spreading. 

Sophia: "King No! Please stay with me!"

Jax rushed Ash trying to disarm him, he aimed for the hand, dunking under Ash's hook and grabbing his arm holding him. Ash completely unfazed does donkey kick hitting Grim and Sarah, Jax smashes his elbow to Ash's arm, breaking it. Ash involuntarily lets go of the god weapon letting it hit the floor, Ash showed no pain or emotion when his arm broke. Jax shoved Ash reaching for the blade as Ash pointed at the blade, the blade was in Jax's reach right before Vex nabbed it from him. 

Isabel: "What are you doing Vex!"

Vex: "Sorry, he is my master."

Rose raced after Vex as did Astrid, Ash came from the side taking out Rose's legs with a swipe of his leg. Jax and co fend off Ash while Astrid catches Vex. Ash dodges and punching beating up everyone, Ash does a haymaker nailing Jax straight in the face sending him into a tree. Rose flies at him kicking and punching at speeds a normal eye couldn't even comprehend, Ash, bobbed and weaved out of every kick and punch.

Soulless Ash: "AH Rose, after our last battle I thought you'd be stronger than this."

He caught her leg and did a takedown swinging her to the ground.

Rose: "Brother what happen to you."

Ash's left eye flickered: "The world happened to me."

He let go of her and moved on to Astrid, walking towards her, Sam got in the way stopping him in his tracks.

Sam: "Ash stop, please."

Soulless Ash: "What happened Sam, didn't you want the old Ash back."

Sam: "No, I want the Ash who will take care of me and our baby."

Ash's fluttered between grey and brown: "I am sorry Sam but I am broken."

His eye stayed brown as he moved Sam to the side, his armor in pieces, he marched on. Sophia rushed in hitting him in the gut, putting him to a full stop, his head remained downward his hair covering his eyes.

Ash?: "Sophia, I felt like I watched you grow up, now I give you a mission, something for all of you to do."

Sophia: "What is it, Ash."

Ash quietly: "Kill me."

Sophia: "What?"

Ash lifts his head: "Kill me."

Sophia: "I can't do that!"

Ash: "Then. GET. OUT. OF. MY. WAY!"

Ash full force punched Sophia in the gut, shredding her armor, she coughed up blood as Ash walked past her. Isabel stood next to Astrid, Astrid wielded the blade. Ash's arm is still broken, it swayed in the wind as he came to a full stop four feet away from them.

Isabel: "Why are you doing this!"

Her twin fang blades were out ready to strike. Astrid's eyes showed fear as she quivered her lip; she raised the blade, handle in the air, blade pointed towards her stomach. She slams it with all her force, Ash bursts to her pushing Isabel in a flash, twisting the blade, and grabbing the handle with his left hand as it slams into his chest. His eyes flicker to brown as he stares at Astrid's beautiful face; her big eyes grew wider as he smiled with blood running down his lips and a tear in his eye. He collapses in her arms still staring at her heavenly face.

Astrid sobbing: "This is, all my fault!"

Ash caress her face: "No, it is not your fault, *coughing as he turns his head*, it was mine and mine alone."

King holds his chest as he limps towards Ash falling over next to him.

King: "Brother, brother why."

The fire in King's chest gets snuffed out but the fire in Ash's chest burns brighter, the spell is beyond anyone's power. It is unhealable.

Ash: "Sorry Brother but this is what I wanted, I can keep this demon inside me and away from everyone."

Everyone gathers around him, all filled with emotions. Sam sat next to Astrid holding Ash's hand as she wept.

Sam crying: "I am sorry."

Ash: "It isn't your fault, I did this to you, just promise me something."

Sam: "What is it."

Ash: "Stay as the angel I always loved."

Sam: "O-okay."

In his eyes, the lovely angel he fell in love with is all he could see, her wings are as white as the day they met. Her face shows the innocence she once had. A humming fills his ears, driving out the crying and leaving peace and mind. Ash places his hand over the blade that is seeping grey fire.

Ash weakly: "Dragon healing."

The flame grows brighter, increasing the pain as it spreads to his chest. The pain forces him to turn his head as it climbs his body rooting in his veins. A grey glow seeps into his veins, stealing his breath away, as he gasps for air. His eyes blur, all the faces are unrecognizable except Astrid's and her big eyes, he takes in her beauty before his last breath, going cold. His eyes grey out, his soul leaving his body for the last time, heading to the underworld. Sophia hovers her hands on King's open wound, applying pressure.

Sophia: "Greater healing."

King's wound gradually heals leaving him in good shape physically. Ash blaming himself only made it worse, he just gave his life so him blaming himself didn't feel right. Astrid still held Ash, Isabel retrieved his blindfold, bringing it to the mourning elf. Vex, his partner didn't turn to stone, she sat beside him looking up at his hollow body. Jax summons Daygon, landing next to the group. The wind sways Ash's hair to the side.

Grim: "Do we remove the sword."

King: "No, we don't know what will happen if the blade were to move any further. The flame seemed to stop, for now, we need to figure out how to dispel the flame from his body before removing it."

Astrid: "We need to put his body in a safe place."

Sam got up giving a hand to Astrid: "Let's make amends, for Ash."

Astrid: "I don't trust you."

Sam: "I don't trust you either, the only chance for this to work is if we work together."

King gently takes Ash's body from Astrid, she held onto his hand hoping it would grab back but it slipped away through her fingers. King laid Ash's body on the dragon's huge back. Isabel and Sophia join King sitting beside Ash's body. Jax looked around for Rose, she is nowhere to be seen, he still felt that she was around but out of sight. Sarah joined the others, as did Grim, the two queens locked eyes. Astrid stood up on her own, jealously taking her as did shame after smacking Sam's hand away. 

Astrid: "Like hell, I'll ally myself with a heartless wench!"

Sam: "You are nothing but an obstacle for Ash, you were the reason he sunk that blade in his chest you murder!"

Sam turned around opening a gate, a baby slept on a throne of gold, an eyepatch on her right eye, wearing pearly white wings on her back. She picked her up through the portal into her arms.

Sam: "I do this for her, you could call me heartless but I am getting Ash back if you want my help or not."

Astrid took a moment to calm herself before agreeing with her. Sam puts her back through the portal before joining the others on the dragon leaving only Vex sitting there. A whisper touches Vex's ears.

Deep voice: "Come to me."

Isabel: "Come on Vex."

Vex turns her back on the others opening a tiny gate.

King: "Wait! Where are you going Vex!"

Vex ignores them walking through the portal as if she is under control, the portal collapses behind her leaving everyone confused.

Isabel: "That isn't good."

Sarah: "No, it isn't."

Everyone boards the dragon leaving the scarred battlefield. Rose sits in the trees with her head hanged low, holding herself as she lets it out.

 

 

 

#

 

 

Voice: "My master is in trouble. I must lend aid."

Vex arrives through the portal at the feet of darkness wrapped in red robes. A man of the shadows picked up Vex, she fits in the palm of his boney sharp hand.

Voice: "You are the key, my good buddy."

Vex just stares blindly at the shadow as if she was peering at nothing but darkness.

Voice: "Your first task is to retrieve his body for testing. His pitiful friends must not know where we are or their aura will interfere with his. I must attend to the soul, you, the body, now go."

A portal opens behind Vex as she slowly seeps into it, arriving on Cass's bed.

 

 

 

1