Writing Contest for SSSC 3
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Also another contest that I'd like to get off my dashboard)

 

For the SSSC III contest, it is said to use one of the three prompts below with the theme of 'breaking from the mundane':

1:
Bizarre Prompt:
"How to cook an egg"
the catch here is that authors must submit a fantasy version. Dark, humor, political, historical, tradgedy or however creative the author wants it to be.

2:
Prompt: A person wakes up and they have a strange feeling that they lost something very very important -- but what did they lose? It seems like they can't remember.....

3:
Prompt: A wizard fails his hero summoning and now he can't move his (insert body part here) . . . It turns out the hero's mind was transferred into the wizard's (insert body part here) . . . how will the hero slay the demon lord when he is the wizard's (insert boy part here)?

I decided to use all three prompts...

Based on 4k to 10k words

Beware! M15+! Content Warning!

Happy Reading! lol

 

LIMITED OPTIONS

“As you see…” The wizard caught his breath and continued, “We are in need of your help, Vulcan…”

The consciousness of Vulcan sighed…

He had just finished looking into the depths of the Wizard’s memories…Only to find that all types of humanity are on the verge of extinction…Again.

It had been a hard war the last time, only to see it as though he had never gone to the underworld! That he was repeating history!

Now, to be summoned, and with that only his consciousness…He waited for the Wizard to catch his breath. It really wasn’t easy to think that his mission would be accomplished already, as the wizard seemed to be unmoving after he had summoned Vulcan’s consciousness…

And his mission, was of course, to defeat the Demon Lord…

“How is it that the world has come like this once again?” Vulcan couldn’t help but ask.

 

Having defeated the last Demon Lord, Vulcan really wondered how the past was repeating itself!

Living thirty years after the defeat of the last Demon Lord, the world had not come close to what it had been beforehand. The population had been extremely low, and Vulcan ended up bringing everyone together, instead of having everyone apart.

Having to rebuild a capital, bring jobs about and commerce. Those whom he had saved had been very reliant upon Vulcan and he could somehow understand why. It was because they were the only ones left, they weren’t strong, and he had been someone that took the lead and brought upon their survival.

Humanity had gone from knowing quite a number of things, to knowing and feeling that they had been nothing and that they were lucky to still be alive!

Unable to live forever though, was something Vulcan was happy about. Teaching what he knew, to those that remained, he had left what he hadn’t done to his son to take over and continue the process of humanity to get back onto its feet…

 

It looked like the world had changed since those times.

Now people had spread out again and had grown in population and strength. They had been weak to start with, when he had still been alive, but over the thousand years, it seems that they had once again been able to cultivate and shift, use magic and tame beasts.

Being separated into clans and tribes, the Shifters were with Shifters and wizards with wizards, just like the cultivators with cultivators.

There seemed to have been one war, but that war seemed very familiar to Vulcan, as it started because someone powerful was killed! Just like last time…

 

“Ah…The Demon Lord of today, is the son of the last. He is undoubtedly following in his father’s footsteps!”

Vulcan sighed to the wizard’s words, he had been merciful to the little fledgling, upon seeing him last…

He had known that demonic creatures lived longer but had wanted to spare the life of the young. He had thought back then that if this little fledgling saw what happened, he should not want to do anything like what his father had. His father had been killed, his father also was hated and nearly abandoned because of his hatred and greed.

The little fledgling had wanted him to kill him, and now…Vulcan questions why he hadn’t again. If he had, today would not be happening!

 

Since it had been a thousand or so years since then, it looked like his enemy was nearly exactly the same as before, it was just a different time.

In that time, death was taken easily by Theoderic, this current Demon Lord’s father. He had slaughtered with no remorse or care, placing blood and sadness to the human’s everywhere. Not only women or children were his victims, even beasts or pets lost their lives as well. Towns upon towns destroyed, capitals completely ruined, and it was completely the opposite of what the world had used to be!

The wizard had personal memories of seeing the screaming and slaughtering…Babies being drunk from blood and women used and then discarded, already broken before taking their last breath. Cultivators and Shifters had been played with, even though they may have powers, numbers had overwhelmed them easily!

With tough skin, Shifters did damage, but not enough. With dark magic, cultivators hardly stood a chance against the demonic creatures…

 

The memories showed that of this son, Ogar, doing exactly like his father, Theoderic. They had gotten followers and then they had aimed to get the most powerful wizard’s, beast tamers, shifters and cultivators killed. Staying in the dark, they waited and bided their time, just killing of the powerful and making human’s go against each other in a feared state. Which is exactly the reason why the war had looked familiar to Vulcan, because he was sure that it had started in the background by this son of Theoderic!

And again, just after the war, or even before the war was finished, Ogar and his forces started their advantage!

Just like last time, the humans had been exhausted and weren’t able to stop the demonic creatures in time! Banding together had not happened straight away and Vulcan hated seeing the same type of death all over again!

How did humanity deserve this type of future? Vulcan asked himself.

They had been relatively easy going and learning before the forced war, why…Why does the demonic forces want to come onto human land, when it makes them weaker, to kill everyone!?

If he was to do as this broken and sickly wizard wants, by destroying Ogar, what is to say that this won’t happen again? His time had already been up! Yet, he was indeed the only one that had faced the leader of the demonic creatures…

Is it the fate of humanity, to endure near extinction every thousand or so years? And to summon me every time now?

 

“Does this Demon Lord have a son?” Vulcan asked, thinking that perhaps if he does, then how was he going to stop this cycle from happening a third time? Did it mean he’d have to kill the son this time?

“Yes, he is a sickly son, half human. It seems that the demonic land was not good for him and was taking into our lands and kept under safe watch.”

The wizard was out of breath and Vulcan could not believe how he could beat the Demon Lord with this wizard’s body. The wizard’s name was Bogtross and he was not only old but he had wounds from a fight and even had other problems! Among having an eye gone, the middle of his body was starting to go black! He didn’t have much life left in him…

Yet, what was Vulcan’s choice? He was summoned forth and could not be released now until his summoning contract was complete…Which was to defeat the Demon Lord.

Sighing once again, Vulcan could only take on this mission and do what he must, not only to return to the underworld, or wherever he may have come from, but also to safe humanity…Again.

“Then will this son of the Demon Lord repeat his father’s and grandfather’s path?” Vulcan asked in defeat.

“It is unknown.” Was all the wizard could say, before he started coughing. The wizard tried to hide the blood that came from his mouth, but Vulcan was a part of the wizard and had seen it easily…

How was he going to accomplish his mission in this body!?

It was falling apart!

 

Seeing the life in the wizard only becoming worse, Vulcan stated, “We should get this going then, the longer we linger, the less chance there would be to defeat him.”

Bogtross was in complete agreement, “Then, after I summon us to the were abouts of the Demon Lord, do what you will with my body. I believe I will perish after the summoning.”

Vulcan had no time to pity this poor wizard, whom had seen a far share of his days. He had a good live when he was young and was one of the ones that was able to know about Vulcan. It seemed, that the past was known through stories, which probably helped the human’s stay at peace with one another. But being able to summon forth Vulcan’s consciousness, was only something that could be done by the descendants of himself…Which means, this elderly wizard was a part of Vulcan’s bloodline. Being part of the bloodline was crucial for the summoning of a dead man’s consciousness, so them being able to do this, Vulcan could see how far humanity had advanced since the last near extinction of humanity.

Pride took over the small part of pity, and Vulcan said, “I am ready whenever you are, my friend.”

 

Having learnt what the wizard knows and able to use the magic within the wizard upon being transferred into the body upon Bogtross’s death, Vulcan started to formulate plans upon defeating his enemy, while waiting for the wizard to do his last summoning.

Last time, Vulcan had been a wizard then too, so he was happy to be able to do the same type of powers as before…They were just a little less strong…

Back in his day, magic was deep and vast, here…It seemed a thousand years or so was not equal to how it had been back then. Vulcan thought deeply upon knowing what he must do…

He knew he couldn’t play around too much to find a weakness, he must do this before he runs out of magic and before the body breaks apart…

It was, indeed, something that Vulcan was a bit stomped upon, even though he knew a few things from his past.

 

The Demon Lord was weakened against light spells, he was also weakened in the human land. So Vulcan was sure this would apply to Ogar, as well as Theoderic. Well, it seemed to be common knowledge now, at the present, whereas it hadn’t been before…

First thing to do, would be to get him out of his demonic land and use light spells…But, to defeat him completely, this might have to be something that takes a lot more effort into achieving!

The final blow to the last Demon Lord had been a magic spell that had been helped a lot by the sun. The spell synced within the light and heat from the sun streaming down upon us that day and had taken me a whole hour to cast it!

Having to defend against him all that time was extremely taxing, but this time, there was no point to think of this, because it was currently night time…

 

A summoning needs an opened doorway, so it wasn’t easy to do a summoning straight away, especially within demonic lands. I wasn’t frustrated at the wizard as he took his time to find this opened doorway for us to use. There might be many invisible doorways everywhere, but some of them aren’t for summoning, as they wouldn’t be opened. To open a doorway was also quite hard to do, as the door needs a reason to be opened. But, once that door is even slightly opened, that is when one can use that to summon themselves elsewhere!

Knowing this takes time, I instead tried to think of ways to gain time while fighting, so that I could do the same spell as last time. The sun would not come up for another four hours, which would mean I would have to try to conserve magic and defend myself as much as possible, for four hours…Not only that…But there would most likely be other demonic creatures around too, so it would be best to only use my magic, to keep them away or trapped.

Teleport was a good method to use, even though it doesn’t entrap the other demonic creatures, but last time I was able to teleport both the Demon Lord and I out of the area of his followers, leaving me to gain time to defend against him and cast my spell…This time, I plan to do much to same…

 

Seeing the wizard ready for the summoning, Vulcan could only think of possibilities later, now was the time to get ready to force the Ogar out of the demonic lands as soon as possible!

The very first thing to do, was to find the Demon Lord, then get closer to him, without using too much magic and not getting killed, then to teleport!

Vulcan knew of his plan and was ready to go!

Just like having been summoned here, blackness had turned into a white light, and suddenly…Everything disappeared…To show that something wasn’t right…

Vulcan wanted to move the body but couldn’t!

There wasn’t even any of the wizard’s magic that he could use, hell, he could barely see!

Only using his consciousness to see was blurry, so…Could this mean that the wizard’s eyes suddenly couldn’t open?

His consciousness only had a small bit of magic, mostly being used to become what he was, so was that all he had!?

What was going on?

 

Feeling like he’d met the ground beneath him, Vulcan wondered what exactly he currently in and…How was he going to defeat the Demon Lord if he didn’t have a body!?

It would be completely horrible if he had to stay upon this land and watch the Demon Lord take it over, unable to accomplish his goal! Especially when he couldn’t see very well and had very little magic within him!

No, he must be able to find something to do!

…That’s when Vulcan realized that the wizard was only able to summon his liver to this dark demonic patch of land.

His liver…

Vulcan was at odds, because he couldn’t blame the wizard not being strong enough, yet…He was also quite unhappy that he couldn’t do anything else now until this body fell apart…

Blurry images filled his sight, yet he wasn’t able to decipher where or what exactly anything was…

Feeling strange itchiness all over and even sickness start to take route into his consciousness, Vulcan finally asked himself about what the wizard’s liver had, to feel this way.

 

After finally figuring out that the spreading bacteria was still alive in the middle of this liver, Vulcan had answered why he felt sick and itchy.

In no time at all, this bacteria seem to flourish and finished eating the middle of the liver and Vulcan saw something change as this process was taking place.

Demonic birds had been close by, but now they headed over towards him and found them eat some of this liver…

With some blood still left, the demonic birds devoured a lot of this liver and Vulcan found himself inside of a bird!

Wanting to take over the body, Vulcan tried to move his consciousness away from the remains of the liver being consumed, but it seemed…That the bacteria was still…Living!

Getting angry to his predicament, Vulcan could only watch as this terrible bacteria not only start to eat away this bird, but even become inserted into an egg, that the bird laid a day later…

In that day, Vulcan could see that this bacteria was indeed successful at killing something demonic and started to realize that he may have found a way to accomplish his mission!

The other thing he found out though, was that his consciousness had gone inside this demonic egg!

 

Never had Vulcan been in such a strange predicament before…

Not only being summoned with only his consciousness, but then having to meet a descendant that could only summon him into his liver to the demonic lands, and then becoming an egg…He’d been eaten, and he’d also felt itchy and sick!

He doubted that anyone had ever done this before!

It was the strangest occurrence Vulcan had ever seen and he wondered if this was all foreseen through the wizard’s thoughts…

Thinking back, the wizard did have ideas on how to defeat the Demon Lord, but…Had he really done this on purpose?

If he was going to die…Did Bogtross already know that the bacteria that he had, would infect the Demon Lord?

Upon his death, did he on purposely know that he could not withhold any more time to live and sent me to make sure that this would happen?

After all, just sending his dead body wouldn’t work, my consciousness was needed in that department…But…

Having found myself in a place that birds eat, Vulcan wished he could travel back in time and see if Bogtross had done this on purpose!

 

Then why had he summoned me and not done this earlier!? Vulcan wondered.

Could this all be…A coincidence?

But, again, who knows if this ‘liver’ or bacteria was to make it all the way to the Demon Lord…

It was all speculation…Speculation that gave Vulcan something to do as he watched the bacteria infiltrate the egg completely.

Not having seen demonic eggs prior, Vulcan did notice it felt different, even though he couldn’t see, mainly because it was darker. It looked like the egg wasn’t regular at all!

Demonic energy was slight, yet the egg shell seemed to be black and inside the egg seemed to also be dark in color…Making the bacteria harder to see.

Suddenly, he felt himself moving and vaguely saw a red hand and claws…

“Boss, a bird is gone.” Vulcan couldn’t hear properly but could just about figure out what the voice said.

“It alright, it’s been awhile that they haven’t eaten each other! It makes the eggs nicer when they do that. Just put another bird in.”

Vulcan was speechless, just like that they think that the bird was eaten instead of being overtaken by bacteria…Are they not careful at all!?

 

Feeling himself get dropped into a pot, heat rose slowly into the egg and Vulcan felt himself start to feel very irritated.

As time went by, the bacteria flourished but, as the heat went higher, some of it started to die!

Oh no! Isn’t this the only chance to accomplish my mission!?

I can’t let the bacteria die!

Upon realizing this, Vulcan did his utmost upon keeping some bacteria alive…But at the same time, he was losing his sense of self.

The heat, the mission, the past, the future, the reason…

His head started to become blank, but he did not let go of the very important mission of keeping some of the bacteria safe and sound, by using the very little amount of magic that he had…

But…Upon the heat fading and letting the bacteria go, the consciousness inside the egg had completely lost its sense of self and started to question what he was doing…What was he? Who was he?

Not understand his predicament, he started to panic and realize that there wasn’t much he could do in his state!

There was something that itched and made him feel sick, moving slowly around what he was occupying…But why was he here!? Why did he feel like he was doing something very important!? But if he was doing something very important, then what was it!?

 

Just as the consciousness was asking questions, something slammed into the shell of the egg and made everything a hell of a lot more scary!

Shell, mixed into egg pieces, was in amongst other shell and egg pieces and some other ingredients and the consciousness felt even more sick!

His world was being beaten and crushed, as whatever he was, was getting pummeled and put together with everything else that had been added!

Upon such a beating, the consciousness was no longer asking questions, instead it was in a daze and was just watching, without clear sight, as whatever he was, goes onto a big plate.

Not understanding in the slightest, he watched as other things came to sit next to it and also saw small things start to multiply happily…

What was going on!?

 

Not long later, the consciousness was picked up and taken away, seeing ahead of him a table and some big, red crazy looking, demonic man!

Who was that!?

As the big hands went to ingest what was on the plate, the consciousness started to panic!

Wait, there’s something here, it might hurt you!

But, before the consciousness had too much other thoughts, it was then taken into the body of the big, red demonic man!

Was it too late!?

The consciousness wondered if this was his important mission!

Was he supposed to save this person for the little things that kept multiplying?

Knowing that there wasn’t too much power that he could use, the consciousness started to zap at a few little things that he could see!

 

Needing every little ounce of strength, the consciousness zapped as many little tiny things as possible but…There was so many!

He was sure that there wasn’t as many as this before!

Seeing them eat away at some dirty insides, the consciousness was panicking and tried harder to zap more and more of the little things but was over run!

What could he do!?

Life was on the line! If they disappear, wouldn’t he too, but…If he didn’t kill them, wouldn’t they kill the person that ingested it!?

To save another life, was like an implant into the consciousness, and he did his outmost to spare what had ingested these little things…Only to fail…

Seeing more and more little things eating away, the consciousness went back into a daze and felt terrible.

If his very important mission was to safe this body, it had failed!

…Failed terribly!

As hours went by, it was evident that the little things were winning!

 

The consciousness was losing its mind.

Just in a few short hours, the body seemed to be faltering, the little things were really running amok!

But the consciousness seemed to head in the opposite direction of getting weaker and starting to fade…

It was only another hour after that that blood flow seemed to stop, and the consciousness completely disappeared…

The mission had been fulfilled and without knowing it, the consciousness had completed its goal…Yet, it had felt miserable to the end…Because it felt like it had completely failed instead!

Bogtross had gambled and had indeed won!

It was all speculation for him as well, but he had cultivated this bacteria with a cultivator, a Shifter and a beast tamer, and had wanted to see if it would work. He had not expected that he would only summon his liver, but it still seemed to have worked out. Except he was no longer living to see what his good work had achieved…

Luckily Vulcan kept some bacteria living when the egg had been cooked, so that the wizard’s idea could continue and end up being just the thing that completed Vulcan’s mission!

 

***

 

Upon the death of the Demon Lord, the consciousness was too able to disappear.

It was a strange event, of a ruthless Demon Lord dying, leaving behind followers that were panicked and stricken.

The followers no longer ate eggs or eggshells and they put their Lord’s body in magma, just in case.

Now that they knew something else had done something to their Lord, they were worried that the same could happen to them!

A weakness was found, but who knew of it? Could all the humans know of this weakness?

Upon wanting to get revenge of their Lord, the followers went into the human lands, to seek out Ogar’s son, and asked for his orders…Only to find that the young master had allied himself with the human’s and that they were all killed!

 

Ogar’s son, Drake, had found that since he was half human, he was able to understand what it was that was happening to the Demonic creatures.

Hearing the past from his father, he knew of what has come now, has already come to pass before.

With a sight that was different from his father, Drake could see a difference. He could see that the humans were suffering and many of them cried out for their loved ones. On the other hand, humans also had a deep urge to survive!

Them having come here to him, made Drake think upon how very interesting they were and listened to their cries, as well as their occasional threat.

They were nearly all dead, yet held so much charisma…His mother was much the same…

In fact, Drake questions many times why his father, a demonic creature, had taken his mother. Yet, his father was always angry, and his mother had been killed by his father when he was much younger, so he had never found out…

Drake found that being Demonic, was like a magnet for the negative and greedy desires upon the land. Even from humans who get greedy and negative, can sometimes lose it to the Demonic creatures…

So, seeing this, Drake had reached out to the poor souls of humans and had taken their side!

He had waited and waited for his father to come, so that he could get ambushed, yet he had never come but instead died to something else!

 

A strange feeling had overcome Drake at hearing this, yet, it was hard not to continue with his plan, as the humans were near extinction. He continued his plan of eradication his brotheren and then also himself, as he too was not willing to continue to live his sickly life. He had seen enough and had no regrets…

Some land might still be demonic, leaving traces of creatures that may never leave the world but…

For the demonic creatures to go close to extinction, it left the humans to prosper without them from then on.

Without the threat of any demonic actions against them, for a long time to come, again, the humans rebuilt. They grew in population and went into their tribes and clans. Shifters, cultivators, wizard’s and beast tamers seem to rise up with their powers and time went on…

The problem was…The human’s felt more greedy and more negative since!

The next time that they fight, it’s not because of someone would be in the background, making the moves. No…Human’s wanted more land, more power, more slaves…Revenge against their family’s death, more money to buy something to get more powerful…To be the best!

Is it that the cycle has continued, or that another cycle had begun?

 

THE END

 

^(4392 Words)

Ogar got with human because of her innocence. He was angry for many reasons but part of it was because her innocence was gone, as he had killed her. He also hates and loves his son at the same time.

The reason why Vulcan forgot who he was, was because he used up the magic that keeps his memories intact.

Just in case I hadn’t written it properly, the bacteria is formed by Shifters, with the help of beast tamers, then cultivated by cultivators and then the wizard held it inside himself, putting a barrier around it. Obviously, the barrier was weakened by the time the wizard summoned Vulcan, so the bacteria was already growing.

I also based this bacteria of something real. (It’s really scary)

How did you like the idea of combining all three prompts together?

Just to let you guys go on a funny note, there was another idea for the contest. It was about an egg being held captive and threatened to be cooked, boiled, fried, broken from its shell and whatnot, if it didn’t confess/answer questions…

 

(No ratings, 315 views)

0