Chapter 29: Dark Elf Overlord Can Also Be A Blacksmith Using Only Her Hands
3.4k 18 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zeruna picks up the sizeable ingot of Talatitum from the ground and into her hands with little to no strain. Commonly, it would take multiple people to carry a slab of metal this size; in the arms of Zeruna, it might've well have been a feather. She walks out of the blacksmiths, the blacksmith still standing there in absolute shock at the strength of the adventurer.

Vidir just shakes his head, already realising feats of strength like this are going to be a common occurrence from now one. Even he would have trouble carry such a hulking piece of metal. He grumbles something before leaving the blacksmith with his money. He follows Zeruna out where they meet Aema and Tina. In Aema's hands is Zeruna's dress she'd been wearing for some time. Now, she's wearing much more suitable clothes.

"I hate these bras, their so itchy and rough," grumbles Aema as she readjusts her new clothes. "How do you put up with it Zer– Shi?"

"I don't," Zeruna says as she casually opens her cloak, bends down and shows a top-down view her cleavage without a second thought. Aema stands absolutely dumbstruck at the carelessness of this girl.

"Nice," says Vidir, cupping his chin and nodding in approval. "I always knew you were busty, but I never got the chance to pea–"

Vidir is cut off by Tina hitting him very very lightly, but it is still enough to dislocate the Dwarf's shoulder. Those two go off on their own little verbal adventure after Vidir pops his shoulder back into place. At first, Zeruna was impressed with how cool Vidir looked while correcting his shoulder only to have that image destroyed when he begins wailing like a banshee.

"You need to get some bras on!" Aema yells, snapping Zeruna out of a trace.

'Bras. Bras? Bras! I refuse to wear a bra! But I cannot say that! It'll probably be a bit suspicious to Aema if I refuse in such a manner. I guess I forgot about that for a while as the inside of this armour has soft padding like a gambeson. Honestly, I feel absolutely normal, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. She's right though, only I'm allowed to view my perfect body naked!

That sounded narcissistic, but I don't care.

This body is perfect, and I refuse to give it up. My body back on Earth with its greasy brown hair and scrawniness and dark rings around its eyes is less than adequate and extremely undesirable. Though, I miss my manhood. A necessary sacrifice, one that I wouldn't've taken if I knew this would happen. I would've preferred a male body over this; however, it's still an improvement. I haven't been paying much attention to down under since I initially transmigrated. But there will eventually be a time when I have to go to the toilet. Dark Elves don't excrete much due to the efficiency of their bodies. There will be a time in the near future when that'll become a problem.

Bras, back to bras. I suppose if I'm going to accept this body, I'll have to take all the perks that come with it. Perks. Wait, am I even wearing panties? '

Zeruna casually lifts up her armoured skirt and looks in between her legs to check if she wearing underwear. Blood spits from Vidir's nose and some even trickles out of Tina's as they watch their master expose herself publicly. Thankfully, Zeruna is wearing some sort of undergarments. It is also lucky that there aren't many people around to see this display.'

"Black with white lace."

Aema darts forward with incredible speed and pulls Zeruna's hands from her skirt. "And you say I'm a clueless airhead! You should have more respect for yourself."

"My mistake, I lost my mind for a second there," responds Zeruna. "Anyway, more importantly, we have to complete this dungeon quest. The very existence of a dungeon is a threat, destroying it, if there is one, is a priority."

"You shouldn't be moving on from that so quickly," mutters Aema.

Zeruna completely ignores Aema's words and continues speaking, "However, despite this, one of us lacks a weapon. Aema, the reason I have this enormous ingot of Talatitum is that I'm going to craft a bow for you."

Vidir moves in, smiling. He wants to see his apprentice's improvements on blacksmithing while he was deceased. When she was his apprentice, she could barely craft anything without making a monumental mistake like pouring molten iron on her hand. Remembering the moment and Zeruna's reaction makes him chuckle. 

Zeruna sits down and draws the ingot over to her. She clicks her fingers and a small bubble appears around the four of them. A stationary invisibility bubble that'll last as long as the caster is pumping mana into the spell. From an outside perspective, you'd see only air and from where they are standing; it is unlikely anyone saw them disappear into thin air. There is a low chance that a person will accidentally stumble into the bubble. It is a safe place to craft the bow.

Zeruna removes the mask and robe and casts them aside.

Vidir, Aema and Tina are motioned to sit. They seat themselves opposite the Dark Elf whose weapons had now shot out her arms. Zeruna swiftly and cleanly cuts a piece of the ingot off. She places it aside and turns her attention to the rest of the metal.

Like an expert blacksmith, she begins to cut the metal; however, blacksmiths would usually have a forge and use tools. Zeruna doesn't have access to the right equipment, so she uses her weapons, magic and personal strength to make the bow. Heating the metal to over a thousand degrees with a flame from her index finger then moulding the still hot metal down as if it is nothing. Carefully bending and morphing the Talatitum with her hands.

She heats moulds the handle, then the arms. She fits the two arms and the handle together.  She places the finished product at the feet of Aema and smiles. The item looks like it was made by an immortal blacksmith that had been practising for millennia. As if a saint and angels had crafted the weapon and handed it down to a legendary hero. The gods had clearly forged this weapon, right? Wrong, it was a Dark Elf who had manufactured the weapon in under two hours.

'Okay, I didn't expect the bow to look so good. I have never done this in real life before, only in-game. It must be another side effect of having the memories of Zeruna and thus the experience. Ahh, I feel like a god. More narcissism.'

"Ta-da!" Zeruna announces. "The metal is strong enough to stand your strength. If I had access to proper forgery equipment, this weapon would be of higher quality; however, we do not have such luxury."

"I can't believe this is happening," Vidir mutters. "For me, not even two days have passed since I was teaching this girl how to hold a blacksmith hammer right."

"Maybe if you didn't die, you'd be as powerful as us."

Vidir angry mumbles something about killing every Goblin in the world causing both Zeruna and Aema chuckle. The two immediately think of Goblin Slayer. Now that she thinks of it, Zeruna harbours similar hatred to Goblins. Is that really necessary now? Why continue her crusade against Goblins? The person she did it for is now standing next to her, alive and well.

An odd feeling stirs in Zeruna's chest, a mix between fulfilment, nostalgia and regret. The bizarre feeling confuses Zeruna as she goes into another train of thought. Before she could delve deeper into the rabbit hole, Tina places her hand on Zeruna's shoulder.

"Be careful, the barrier almost went down," Tina states.

"My mistake, I keep, spacing out, for some reason," Zeruna replies.

"Are you okay?" asks Vidir.

"Positively, now, we must head to the forests where the reported mana waves have occurred."



Xander sits down at his table and smiles as the large wooden doors open, revealing a short brunette and a group of four other adventurers. The girl runs up to Xander and gives him a warm and friendly bearhug. The four other adventurers remain standing as the brunette seats herself.

"My daughter, how have you been?" asks Xander.

"I've been doing well, daddy," she replies.

"Enough of that Charlotte," a blonde-haired male says from behind. "We're here to talk about business, not family stuff."

"Good point," Charlotte murmurs. "Now daddy, have any adventurers accepted the quest."

"Indeed, Charlotte, a party of four with a party level of B," returns Xander eagerly. "So will you ambush them before or after they kill the Dungeon Master."

"Preferably after they kill the boss, if they don't, well it'll still fortunate for us. It'll be less risk for us," answers another man in the back.

"We'll be able to cash in on their deaths either way," responds Charlotte Maul.

"Yes, yes, my daughter becoming a famous adventurer is sure to bring me further prestige. The King will have to grant me a fief sooner or later."

"Speaking of the king," says the blonde man from before. "Word says he lost five fingers in a fight with Zeruna. Some people are also saying that a war is coming with the Orcish Kingdom. Gaelius was usurped by his son Decimus and what some say was a Sorcerer of great proportions."

"Bloody green pig-men," spits Xander. "I better not suffer too hard because of this. What of the Sorcerer?

"Information is hard to get daddy. Most of it is shaky and inconsistent, some say it is a Devil, some say it is an Oni and there's even a rumour that is a Dragonborn. I've heard people say it was an Observer to a bloody Noble Vampire."

"Either way it's a threat," says the second man.

"Us A-ranks will certainly be called into the capital sooner or later. After all, there is a possibility, no, a certainty of a hero being summoned."

"Amazing, if this happens, my daughter, seduce the hero as best you can. Male or Female. Befriend them and become as close as possible. We may be able to manipulate them if our cards are played correctly," utters Xander. "But we have to focus on our current goals which getting you and your posse more prestige."

Ah yes, the road to the hero and the Orcs officially starts here. 

73