Chapter 3: The Maus is here!
725 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What came out of the portal was, to be honest, kind of disappointing. Considering the size of the damn portal, I expected a huge behemoth, ready to tear through this city. What I got instead was a normal sized panther with zebra legs, which made a regular panther even more dangerous in this situation, because this one couldn’t even pounce because of its legs, all it could do was charge straight a head and I have to give credit where it was due, it was fast as hell, it often closed the distance between it and the Magical Girls in a Blink of an eye.

However, there was one fatal flaw, it did not posses any abilities that could cause any kind of Explosion!! Or at least it didn’t show any. I was watching the fight from a save distance, my entire body was twitching I really wanted to go out there and blast them, but I know I should hold back, analyse my opponents and so on. It would be a three on one fight after all.

The first Magical Girl, who acted like the leader of the group, was wielding an Azur blue blade, matching her colour on her outfit. She seemed fast, very fast, but not that powerful, since the panther could easily take her strikes, she was a fast attacker, specialised in dealing damage fast, very fast over  longer time, rather then one powerful blow, taking her out First would probably be my priority.

The second one was wielding a giant emerald green shield and was, unsurprisingly, acting like the groups shield, defending her teammates, I will have to be faster then this girl can shield her allies I presume.

The last one was wielding seemingly no weapon at all, but judging from her weird hand movements and the purple shine which followed her hands, and the sudden stars appearing and hitting the panther, I would think she was a sort of caster, focused on heavy damage, but she needled time for her spells to be completed, good thing she had the shield girl then. She would probably be the one I would be most afraid off, but I hope if I attack relentlessly, the pressure will stop her from casting anything to dangerous.

The fight didn’t last to long, it took one larger spell from miss purple and it lay unresponsive on the ground, what a total let down! I was hoping I could see the Magical Girls get beaten to a pulp! Oh well, at least I can blast them to bits now, but how should I approach this? Should I just go out blast them and leave?

No, No that’s stupid, I couldn’t live with my self if I were to do something this stupid, I am better then that. Yes I want the Magical Girls gone so I could truly show the world the greatness that are Explosions, but I still have class! I did take theatre back in middle school, maybe I could do it with a show? Yes, yes I like that idea.

My thoughts get suddenly interrupted as cheers and clapping reached my ears, looking from my hiding spot I saw a crowd of students and teachers alike applauding the Magical Girls, praising them and thanking them ughhhhhhhh, I can feel my breakfast slowly creeping back up again, but I can use this situation, looking around I found a good rock, perfectly fitting into my hand. I grab it and use my power to turn it into a bomb, it still looks and feels like a rock, but once I activate the magic within it will blow itself and anything around it to pieces.

Satisfied with my bomb, I leave my hiding spot and began to walk towards the crowd and the Magical Girls, a smirk on my face and clapping slowly, but firmly.

It’s showtime.

My approach went unnoticed at first, I was just part of the crowd, clapping for the Magical Girls, but unlike the rest of the crowd I wasn’t standing still, I moved towards them, slowly but steadily. At one point that damn Mascot character appeared and it probably wanted to do its magic trick to make any and all damage disappear. It started to glow and flew around in circles for a bit before abruptly stopping, but nothing happened. It looked confused for a moment and then fearful as it turned it‘s head, towards my direction.

I was getting ever closer towards them and as the clapping and cheering started to die down, I could hear them talking and by god I stopped dead in my tracks and seized my clapping for a moment.

"What‘s wrong Hikaru, why didn’t your spell work, are there more demons around?" I tuned out the rest as, I had to absolutely focus on not falling into a coma of shock and disbelief, how can any living being talk in such a high pitch voice and not break any glass in a 1 kilometre radius?! With each passing day these girls get more cliche and hurts to even be in the proximity of them! How can you look at these abominations and cheer for them, or like them at all??!???

No, No focus, you can do this, just think about how your about to rip them a new one, that should truly make me happy again right? Yes, yes it does, oh thank fuck.

Having steeled my resolve I resumed my previous antics, slowly but firmly clapping, while slowly walking towards them and since everything was quite now, it actually got noticed and thank Jesus for that, because my hands were starting to get sore.

People around me started to stare at me and whispered to themselves, while the Magical Girls also stared towards my direction, they seemed tense and battle ready, while that mascot, cat… bird… thing, seemed extremely terrified as I finally crossed the sea of people and came into the open in all of my godly glory. I continued clapping for a bit before stopping and putting my hands in my pockets, firmly grabbing the concealed bomb within. It was time to put all that theatre practice to good use.

"What an absolutely stunning performance you three, although I would add a few more explosions, I will give it a three out of ten." I smirk as I see the confusion wash over their faces, although that mascot eyes started glowing yellow for a second and his already fearful expression turned, somehow, even more scared, it gave me quite a large amount of satisfaction for some reason seeing him scared so shitless.

"W-what the hell are you? How can a human have so much demonic essence inside of them?" The mascot asked, to which I simply grin in response, before slightly tilting my head to the left.

"That is for me to know and for you to learn, but since you asked so nicely I guess I could introduce myself. My name is the Maus and I‘m here for two reasons. First one I wanted you to get this thing right here."

I pull out the rock bomb and present it to the three girls in front of me and just as keikaku‘d they were very much confused, while the mascot looked even more terrified, I‘m genuinely wondering if this thing is ok, like that much horror in one day can not be good for you. Well that’s a problem for later, since for now I just throw them the stone, which the blue one thankfully catches, if I had fucked up that throw or they hadn’t caught it I would have a gigantic problem right now.

"Girls You better be carful, this s-stone is filled with demonic essence." After the mascot the girl holding the stone, grew quite an serious face and glared at me, how rude.

"Why would you give this to us?“ She sounded so serious and thank god she didn’t also have such a dog toy voice like the green one, or else I might have irreversible ear damage.

"Well you see, it ties into the second thing I came here to do and to be honest I think without this stone it would become so much, unnecessarily harder then it needs to be." I answer grinning from ear to ear, while keeping my head tilted to the side.

"And that would be?" I flinched when miss dog toy voice spoke again, I gotta make her shut up first, no matter what!

"You see, I have a goal. No matter where I have to go, no matter what I have to do and no matter where you hide, I will find and destroy ever last Magical Girl on this planet for the crimes against both the perfection that are Explosions and their crime against fashion!"

I gave the girls an evil smirk, as their face contorted to shock and concern before turning to stone cold resolve, I could hear some gasps behind me and a lot of people running away from me, not that it matters, as I snap my fingers and set off the rock bomb.

What followed next was the single most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life, there was fire and an ear deafening sound as the rock turned bomb blasted apart, a wall of smoke lulled us all in and made the sea of people invisible from my eyes, but one didn’t need to see to understand what was happening.

Their screams filled the air and their feet clapped against the stone of the roads and sidewalk, children were crying and adults were cursing, but it all didn’t matter to me, I was to awestruck with the whole situation, it was. Just. That. Beautiful.

Tears of joy stream down my face as I come to a realisation: I did this, this was my own creation, I created such art with my bear hands. I began to laugh, loud and full of cheer and I also did a little dance, now normally I wouldn’t dare do this, or else I would wake up 8 years later with a cold sweat, but right now I was so happy I didn’t care, besides I was in the middle of a giant smoke screen, no one would see me anyway.

"Hahahahah! I knew selling my soul was the right thing to do!!!" I exclaim out of pure joy and absolute disregard for the situation, I was simply so happy I really couldn’t care less.

Slowly but surely, the smoke and dust began to settle down, making it possible for me to see just the amount of damage my little trick inflicted and as I surveyed the situation, I can say with out a doubt that it was a lot of damage. Stone and rubble everywhere and a a crater in the middle of it, like a mini meteorite just crashed into the sidewalk next to a school. Then I spotted the Magical Girls, laying beneath the rubble and dust, surprisingly they were still alive, tho it seemed like they were unconscious, since the mascot, who somehow didn’t so much as get a scratch, continuously tried to shack them awake.

I make my other to them with a smile and giggle on my lips and a featherlight step on my feet, never in my life have I felt this alive and happy!

"Come on you girls, I know You can do it!" The mascot screamed, trying desperately to get them awake, but no response came out of them, it was honestly quite cute to see how absolutely miserable the mascot was right now, but I am a women of mercy, so I will put him out of it soon enough.

Suddenly, there was a cough and the rubble began to move, both mine and the mascot‘s head short towards the commotion, that green one with the shield had seemingly stirred, it’s look was one of hope, while mine was one of amusement, seeing this hero girl struggle so much was quite the comedy show, to be honest. I made my way over to her, seeing in the corner of my eye how that mascots hopeful expression turned fearful agin, Jesus do you have bipolar disorder or something?

Once I reached her, she completely freed herself from the rubble and dust, she panting heavily and her body was full of cuts, bruises and burned skin and flesh, he costume was also ripped in many places and I got to say, for facing a explosion head on, it was a fucking miracle it didn’t get destroyed completely, sturdy stuff.

I looked down upon the Magical Girl with a smile on my face, she was kneeling on the ground, her entire body shacking from the strain and yet she looked up at me with an icy glare, now that took determination and I could respect that.

"Wasn’t that just beautiful, such an powerful Explosion! You have to agree right, it was the most beautiful thing you have ever seen right? RIGHT?!" I looked expectingly at her, having experienced the perfect thing in the world this closely, she surly must finally understand right?

"You- you are completely insane." She said, her state making her cough mid sentence, not that it mattered as I completely and utterly was fuming with rage at this point and I let my frustration out by stomping on her back with as much force as I could muster, which resulted in the stone sidewalk underneath her to break.

"How dare you! I was showing you the beauty and perfection that are explosions and you DARE question my sanity?! And here I thought I could turn you away from your heathen ways, guess I have no choice but to end you here! Say good bye to that head of yours, because I will started blasting soon!"

I gathered magic at the tip of my fingers as I made the classic finger gun and put it close to the Magic Girls head, the magic was building up quickly and manifested in the form of a small ball of red and black energy at my finger tips.

"There they are, can you grab all of them Maga?" A sudden voice rang from behind me and in a split second the Magical Girl beneath me disappeared in a pink smoke, as did the other two. Confused and completely and utterly pissed I turned around, just in time for the giant yellow, magical hand to hit me square in the face.

I flew through the air until suddenly stopping, once my body hit one of the walls of the houses nearby and by god did that fucking hurt! I slump to the ground in pain, I guess it’s thanks to my enhanced body I didn’t break anything, or started bleeding or any thing else to severe. But it still hurt like hell.

Looking up, I see 4 more Magical Girls, all with quite an angry expression on their face, and realising I would be horribly beaten in a straight fight, I decided to do the smart thing, grabbed a nearby rock, turned it into a bomb, threw it towards them and detonated it mid air.

The resulting smoke allowed me to safely creat a portal and jump into it, landing in the safety of my bed at home.

25