Chapter 4: Two tragedies and a deal.
629 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was lying on my bed, letting all of the stress of the last day melt away as I snuggle my blankets even harder, being the bad guy sure is taxin one you, or was it the fact I just barley escaped defeat? Maybe my headache was effecting me more then i expected. Damn Magical Girls, how dare they just pop in unannounced, save my prey and then beat the shit out of me?! The nerves of some people!

I would probably put on a movie or anything, but I was just so comfortable that I didn’t want to move and honestly having some peace and quite after such an eventful and loud morning was something my soul desperately craved. I wouldn’t call myself a true introvert, but I do like the stillness of being alone in home on my bed much more then any massive crowd, even if there was some celebrity.

I remained in that bliss for hours, and I totally forgot everything about my totally embarrassing defeat against the magical Girls, did I even really lose? Did it really happen? who knows~. I certainly don’t, the only thing I know is this blanket and it is all that matters right now! And no matter how often that stupid doorbell rings I will not get up.

You can try all you like but I am loyal to my beloved blankets and nothing will get me away from them, ever! No matter how often you ring and no matter how often you knock I shall never abandon my fortress of comfort, while it shields me from the reality that I got my ass beat handily by some over the top looking mistakes that dare and go against the beauty that are Explosions! Nothing will ever… OH was that my smartphone?

I jumped out of the bed, scattering my blankets everywhere and running towards my desk where I had deposited my smartphone earlier it screen still on from the message I just received.

'Now that your out of your fortress open the door for us will you' Ahhh Kristin you know me to well I guess. To know someone so well that you can tell what they are doing even though it never happened before? That’s when you know you are really close with someone, because this is definitely not the 8th time this happened, nope it was for the first time ever.

I reached the front door, made sure I had my disguise up, I really want to keep my second identity a secret here, and open the door to find both Kristin and Sigrid standing there, Sigrid had a passive expression on her face while also having a shine of worry in her eyes, meanwhile Kristin looked extremely happy and excited, that’s a new one, normally we would have to cheer her up after she came over from her home, guess she just didn’t went home?

Kristin immediately went into my face, so close I could hear her breathing it was frankly both surprising and kind of creepy so I took a step back, but she followed.

"You are going to tell us everything, everything I say!!" She went, somehow, even closer in my face while also poking a finger intimsten chest again and again, what on earth was she on about? I looked at Sigrid from the corner of my eye for help, but she didn’t move nor change her expression the entire time.

"T-tell you what exactly?" I asked eventually.

"About yourself 'miss Maus‘." She declared in return.

I blinked once, twice, thrice and slapped my self in the face once, then again and I would have a third time if Sigrid didn’t catch my hand mid swing, I blink again, the reality of the situation finally setting into my mind, one last blink before I spoke again.

"How?" How was I discovered only after a single fight? I made sure no one saw me transform! So how?!

"Sonya please, a wardrobe change a different eyes colour can not stop your two friends of two years from recognising you, especially since your voice didn’t change one bit as well." Sometimes Sigrid straight foreword nature durning conversation can really fucking hurt, like a arrow straight through my pride.

"And we want to know every single gritty detail, we heard you sold your soul somehow, but we want more! The Wiki is editors can only speculate on the things you said and what they mean, but we have the ability to talk to the one behind it all directly, so come on spit it all out!"

"I already have my own Wiki page? It has only been a few hours!!!" I exclaim in shock and disbelief, to have a wiki page dedicated to yourself is something other can only ever dream of accomplishing, I basically became famous in just a few hours!

"And your the first thing ever to beat a group of the Magical Girls! Of course you are a big deal!" Kristin arms were raised into the air. Holy fuck, I‘m The First to actually beat these cursed witches of bad clothing styles and blasphemy against the greatness of Explosions.

"Girls, could we please get inside before continuing this conversation? Before your yelling attracts someone else to listen into the conversation." Sigrid suddenly said, for a moment I kind forgot she was even there with how quite she stayed during all of this. But she was right and I was being a horrible host for letting my guest stand in the doorway the entire time.

With a blush I stepped aside and waved them in, which they happily did.

The next hour was then comprised of all matter of questions I had to answer, ranging from explanations on how exactly my powers worked, to which of my military outfits parts I liked the most. The questions were mostly made by the over the top happy Kristin, with Sigrid mostly remaining quite, however I noticed a trend when it came to her questions.

"Sigrid why are you so interested in the salesman? I barely know him and he just suddenly appeared next to me. I don’t know anything about him at all, other then he made me a deal, my soul for my wish to fight against the Magical Girls. That’s all I know about him." Sigrid looked to the side, the red blush easily visible on her otherwise pale skin, honestly she was almost as pale as I was now.

Kristin coughed audibly but Sigrid suddenly turned to me and her look was one I could only describe as one of admiration but there was signs of something else I couldn’t quite place.

"The truth, Sonya is that I am jealous of you, what you have I truly and desperately want it for my self as well, you gave up your humanity for a life on your own, you have no master now, you are in a sense completely free and I want that too." Both me and Kristin stared at our friend, this was getting pretty deep.

"All my life I was caged by the world, my family never cared about me, all they cared about was that I could be presentable enough to be married off, so they may increase their own positions and power, I was denied any free will and was forced to do whatever they fancied me to do and when I finally had the chance to do my own thing and attend a public Highschool, I was betrayed and caged by the rest of the world." She clenched her hands and tears began to well up in her eyes.

"They turned away from me, I thought they saw me as a normal person, but I was wrong. They didn’t saw me as a person, only as that untouchable object that of they dare and come near would destroy them, but simultaneously they whispered behind my back, thinking I couldn’t hear them, the called me arrogant and stuck up, that I looked down on others, when my only wish was to be on the same level as they all saw each other. Humanity is disgusting, they only see the outside of a person and judge only on that, never daring to go deeper, as to not destroy their own selfish outlooks! And as long as I am human myself I won’t be free of these prejudices of these disgusting shortsighted imbeciles! Humanity doesn’t deserve to be alive and I don’t want to be part of it any! LONGER!"

Sigrid was panting at the end of her rant, as she had started to shout midway through the thing and hot damn, that was a lot to take in, I mean I knew she had it rough in her own way but that it was that extreme? I had no idea and Kristin had seemingly the exact same thoughts as we both just stared at our friend in silence, who was quietly sobbing and shacking, eventually we both got out of our freezer states and both hugged the girl, it was simply a silent hug, but it was a message, she was not alone, we were here for her.

We stayed that way for a couple of minutes, Sigrid silently sobbing into our shoulders and the more I thought about it, the angrier I became, humanity was truly disgusting the longer I thought about it, at first my hate was solely directed at the Magical Girls, as They were the ones who dared disrespect the greatness that were Explosions and the war crime worthy outfits they wore. But humanity was just as guilty weren’t they? They supported them, cheered for them, thanked them, made merchandise and worshiped them as heroes. This world is tainted by heathens who do not know the greatness that are Explosions and a normal fashion sense and I will correct that!

"Wow, yes really sad and all that, but please I have been watching you girls hug each other for five whole minutes now, it's getting stale. So can we please just move on to the other sob story so we can get down to buisness?"

There are few things in live that truly ever scared me, there were things I felt scared about but quickly learned not to fear, my first time riding a bike on my own or my first time swimming, back then they were a terrifying prospect but now I absolutely love to do these things, one thing have been scared of and remained scared of was random people getting into my home, so as soon as I heard the farm yet uncanny voice, I wanted to scream my lungs out.

And judging by my friends terrified screams of horror I think they feel the same way, but I wouldn’t want to draw hasty conclusions, what stopped me from screaming in the end was the fact I knew this voice and low and behold, sitting air my sofa, was the guy I sold my soul to not even a week prior, I refrained from thinking about how easily he got into my home without any of us noticing and the creepy things that initiales, so instead I demanded an explanation instead.

"Sonya, please. I already took your soul because you felt angry at the world at large for things so utterly stupid and insane I can’t even comprehend them and I worked for a few ancient ones at one point! However the premise was easy, you hated humanity and didn’t want to be human anymore, which I provided for you. These two are in the exact same boat, for far better reasons then you by the way, but in the end it doesn’t matter, they want to get rid of their humanity and I‘m here to provide."

I glared at him, he just called me insane again didn’t he? Oh you know what? This does it, I‘m gonna blast him to bits! Nobody is allowed to question the absolut power of the universe that are Explosions, I will crush him and then…

"Sonya, please stop it. You couldn’t hurt me if you tried and I think the readers want to finally hear Kristin‘s oh so tragic story for why she wants to destroy humanity as a whole, instead of just going to fucking therapy."

What on earth is he talking about? And he calls me insane!

"When I was very young my life was a lot different then it was now." Kristin began and I have to ask, does she really just not question his strange behaviour just now? Why am I the one being called insane every time?!

"Because you want to wipe out all of humanity because they don’t worship a chemical reaction, you crazy bitch." He answered, somehow, can he read our minds?!

"We were happy together everything seemed to go great on our way, but a day before my 11th birthday, both my father and brother didn’t come home, both me and my mother were so worried, but then we got a call from the police, they said they had found my brothers body inside a ditch near the road towards forest. We rushed over and what I saw haunts me till this very day.

His legs were cut off, his belly split open and his intestines were cut out and brought around his neck like a noose, my father was never found. And yet there never was an investigation beyond the first few days, the police simply declared the case cold after three weeks!

At the funeral, no family members showed up and no one ever reached out for help we were left alone to rot and then came the letters, they told us it was our fault they died, that it was our fault they killed themselves! We brought the, to the police but they instead of an complete investigation they arrested my mother on the spot, calling her the murder!

She didn’t get sentenced in the courts, but after she came back, I had the mother I have now and drunken shell of a person, telling herself it was my fault they died! Three days after the case was concluded we got one final letter, from a rival in my mothers political party, mocking her and telling her she got what she deserved! This limp dick bastard destroy my entire life because he wanted to become mayor candidate instead of my mother! He murdered people and bribed the police just so he could get a political position!

Humans are disgusting selfish creatures who would gladly destroy others lives if it meant they could get something, they don‘t deserve to exist in the first place."

Kristin spat the last few words out like They were venom and holy shit, why on earth are their lives such extreme tragedies? Although I did also lose my parents myself. Although I don’t really feel all that angry about that, I did. when I first heard it, but now?

“That‘s just because your completely insane Sonya, everyone else would still be devastated, but anyway, now that the other sob story is out I think we can get down to business right? I think you know already what I will offer you, but for the sake of completion. I will offer you your greatest wish in exchange for you immortal, human soul do you accept miss Kristin Dirks and Sigrid van Torhard?"

Without hesitation, They both said the answer I also uttered a few days back.

"Yes." The salesman grinned and snapped his fingers, both Sigrid and Kristin flinched, probably from the feeling of their souls leaving their body, and then they just started at the salesman expectingly.

"What? We are already done, the transformation should kick in, in like 10 minutes, I advise you to go lay down somewhere, oh and Sonya, you should go out and cause some chaos, the spike of sudden magic won’t go unnoticed and unlike last time, I‘m quite sure the Magical Girls will investigate it. Ta ta!" And with a snap of his fingers, he vanished.

"Well I guess we’ll be on the same team soon, uhhh you should really go lay down because the transformation he mentioned, it really fucking hurts so I think if you gonna pass out from the pain, better do it in a bed." Both Sigrid And Kristin nodded, but I could see their eyes widen when I mentioned the pain part. Then Sigrid laughed.

"God, look at us, selling our souls out of hate and anger and the wish to destroy humanity, are we like 90‘s supervillains now."

Kristin grinned

"If we are I really don’t mind at all." I nodded my head. Yeah, though I think that‘s because without a soul we lack the ability to feel empathy, but you guys will get a detailed explanation soon, anyway I‘m off to follow his advice, he may be creepy and weird, but he hasn’t been wrong before.

With that I make my way towards the door, I was feeling quite giddy, my best friends both decided to follow my path! I think this will be quite a lot of fun!

22