Chapter 8: Assasination plots
565 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure you should still be here Sigrid? Shouldn't you go back to your home soon?"

Sigrid simply raised an eyebrow at my question, but considering she stayed at my home for the last 3 days I belive the question has a right to be asked. I mean I don’t have a problem with spending more time with my friends, don’t get me wrong but I think that her staying here all the time is gonna draw attention sooner or later, it comes with the territory of being a daughter to a important person and to be perfectly honest.

I don’t want attention right now.

"Oh please, it’s not like my absence would be noticed and even if it was I highly doubt they would care enough to do anything about it, it’s not like I was of importance to them. I wasn’t part of the family, I was nothing more then another mouth to stuff until I could be thrown off at another person to increase their political allies. I wasn’t…"

And now she back to one of her many MANY rants about her family, she had a lot of those lately and to be honest it was getting on my nerves a bit, yes we get it you hate your family stop complaining about them to us!

"Alright alright we GET IT!" Despite my attempt to get her quite again she kept on ranting and ranting and ranting… please some one save meeeeeee.

"Why don’t you just kill them?" Kristin suddenly interjected. Her also staying here, at my home, for the last 3 days was also extremely weird but considering she actually got Sigrid to shut up, I was OK with it.

"I mean we have superpowers now, so as long as no Magical Girl works on the side as a bodyguard I‘m sure you could easily kill them. After that your free to go no? You had your revenge and everything will go smoothly afterwards."

Sigrid stared at Kristin the room was completely silent and it became rather awkward really quickly, I coughed but didn’t know what to say to break the stalemate and Sigrid just kept on staring, not blinking or moving. I could see how Kristin started to squirm under the unmoving gaze of Sigrid.

Then suddenly she jumped at Kristin, tackling her to the ground in a death grip, or at least it seemed that way, but on closer inspection it wasn’t a death grip, but rather a death hug. The scene was rather comical to look at, the tall girl know to be quite and unapproachable jumping at the small energetic prankster and completely overtaking her in a hug.

"Kristin Kristin Kristin! Thank you, Thank you Thank you THANK YOU! You have such great ideas, I could kiss you right now!"

"Save it for later, when we’re alone please…"

Well guess they have plans now, that just leaves me with nothing to do now… Maybe I could… No that’s just wrong… Maybe I should… OHHH YES! That is the idea of the century! I can already see it before my eyes, how glorious it’s going to be! But I would need to be alone, can’t let anything disrupt my plans.

"Are you coming Sonya? I wanna be back before my series starts, you know I can’t miss it!" Kristin asked, already at the doorway in her true form, the damages the outfit suffered in our last fight back at the school completely gone, just like Sigrid‘s and my own. I simply shook my head at the two.

"Sorry girls, I can’t come with you, I have to prepare my surprise I told you about, so no can do."

"You know you talked about that surprise for 3 days now and I‘m starting to believe you use it as an excuse to avoid us. So it better be worth all this hyping up you‘ve been doing!"

I shot her a cheeky grin.

"Don’t worry it will be, just trust me on this."

"Can we go now?! I wanna make them suffer, I wanna see their eyes as I destroy everything they hold dear!" A desperate Sigrid called from outside, I guess she really wants to do this, normally she scolds us when we get to loud about our more 'unusual' desires.

"Well then have fun with your date! I‘m gonna make the greatest thing in the world in the meantime!" I snicker at my own bad joke and then go back to the kitchen to grab myself an apple before going to work, this will take some time after all. I hear the front door close and then it was just me and my thoughts.

————————————————————————

"Do you think she finally caught on?" Sigrid asked, Kristin turned her head and raised an eyebrow at her.

"She hasn’t done so in the 10 months up to this and we had sex in her very own house and she still hasn’t said a thing. I‘m pretty sure this was supposed to be some kind of dumb joke."

"Well I suppose your right, but hey, the supposed joke wasn’t that far off the truth now was it?" Sigrid put a single finger under Kristin’s chin and made her look up at her, Kristin‘s face turned crimson before she quickly freed herself from her partner and walked forward, not saying a word. Sigrid simply giggled behind her.

—————————————————————————
It was a quite day at the estate of successful business owner Jeralt Kolegs, he was sitting in his garden enjoying a good cup of English tea with his son, Haralt Kolegs.

In The last couple of days he had taken a backseat to his son in running the family business, he did have quite a large amount of years on his back after all, pulling him self from the literal dirt and becoming one of the most successful people on the planet, it was almost like a story from a book.

As he trained his son to take over the family business a tragedy sadly struck his storybook life however, his wife had another child, a daughter they named Sigrid and he couldn’t look at her.

For one he was a busy man and as much as he wanted to make room in his schedule to be with his family and spend time with them, he knew he couldn’t. To ensure the future of his two children he needed to keep working hard and that required all of his attention, the business wold was just that unforgiving to those who become to comfortable.

Yet despite this, he tried to make the life of his daughter as best he could, even more so once the tragedy struck and his wife died due to an unknown illness, he gave Sigrid as many things as he could, tried to get her to learn as many things as she could, at least at an basic level, so she may have a bright and beautiful future, he even asked some of his friends if they would be interested in taking her into their families at one point, but that plan was quickly scrapped.

It was a sad reality, but one he had accepted over time, and once he started to train his son in becoming the next CEO that distance became somewhat closed, since he at least could spend time with one of his children now. But then the second tragedy struck and Sigrid‘s school was attacked and she never returned home.

She hasn’t been declared dead just yet, but the chances grew ever more slim for her return.

He held his cup with shacking hands before ultimately deciding that trying to drink now would only result in a shattered cup on the floor and he didn’t want to bother the staff unnecessarily as they already were rather busy with preparing the home for the incoming interview he had scheduled today, ever since the day his daughter has disappeared The press have pressured him into taking an interview, they promised not to mention the events concerning his daughter but he knew better then to trust the words of the press.

But at Last he caved in, for he knew if he stayed silent on the matter for to long people would quickly make assumptions, after all the entire school was attacked not just his daughter, many families lost their children that day, not just himself.

"Father, are you sure this is a good idea?" Heralt had asked this question not for the first time today, but Jeralt did not hold it against him, he appreciated it.

"You know we have to do this, when your a public figure and go silent for to long people will get funny ideas about you, some already do." He answered in his typical slow speech pattern he was know for, Heralt frowned.

He knew what is father said was correct, but he also believed to not disturb a father in the middle of his grief like this, especially considering it involves losing his child! People of importance or high standing are also just people after all, to him it seemes like people keep forgetting that fact.

He himself wasn’t particularly impacted by the news, now he was still distraught once he heard the news, after all he just lost one of his family members, however he couldn’t bring himself to grief like his father had, since he never actually properly met his sister, as he was forbidden to see her from his sisters caretaker, Miss Holly, the head maid at the estate where they both grew up in. Back then he thought nothing of it, nowerdays he wants to slap his younger self in the face.

Suddenly the door to the garden behind them opened one of the staff standing in its frame.

“Sir, the journalist await you, they are currently waiting inside the office like you requested."

He thanked the messenger And dismissed him before slowly rising to his feet.

"Come now Heralt, the leeches are waiting for us."

————————————————————————

Sigrid looked upon her old prison, never in her life had she thought she would be happy to stand before it’s grand entrance of wooden carvings, stone statues of mythical beings and finely trimmed hedges and bushes of flowers, in her mind this was always a mask for the ugly face hiding behind the doors, countless beatings dished out by her so called caretaker, because her father saw her as not good enough to bless her with his presence.

She laughed silently as she troubadour how her father showing her any sign of love would have prevented all of this from happening, the butterfly effect was quite something, with one small action her father could have prevented all that what was about to happen.

"Has anyone ever told you how extremely sexy you are when standing in a pool of blood while also being covered in blood?"

If it hadn’t been for the blood on her face, someone might have noticed how her cheeks suddenly got a shade more red, which’s extremely easy to spot on her due to her extremely pale skin of her true form. Her true form.

The implications behind this statement that this was her truest self? It was an empowering feeling, this is what she was supposed to be. Back when she first attained her powers she had felt liberated and powerful and even now she still felt more when she was like this, whenever she disguised herself in her old body she had felt a constant pressure on her head, like she was being compressed, but whenever she took her true form it disappeared.

But even before all of that she had first found herself in her friends, Sonya and especially Kristin, her lovely Kristin.

Before she met them she had hated herself, she blamed herself thought she was the reason no one liked her, that she was just that unlikeable, but then she met with Sonya and Kristin. Sonya was a good friend, someone you could talk to and they would silently listen, someone she could trust.

Kristin on the other hand, she was more and the more time Sigrid had spent with the energetic prankster the more she realised, she was in love. She loved the way she looked, the way she talked, just everything about her she loved. And after almost 2 full years of friendship she finally asked the question and Kristin said yes.

It was a little bit after that wonderful day she discovered something else she loved about Kristin, she loved to control her, in the bedroom at least. She loved how she squirmed under her touch, how her wry words turned her otherwise loudmouthed girlfriend into a moaning obedient pet for her to do what she pleases with. It was invigorating and it only grew stronger over time.

“Well, well well look at the flirt we have here, maybe I get in a good mood if you keep this up."

Sigrid loved the feeling of control but she still loved Kristin on a deeper level, those words were spun out of love and admiration and not pure lust, she loved her girlfriend and the comments she made about her on the deepest level of her heart.

Kristin walked up to her, she herself was also covered in blood, and she gave Sigrid a single kiss on her cheek and at that moment Sigrid‘s heart exploded in love and affection for her small girlfriend. She loved her so much and she wanted to do nothing more then cuddle her for the rest of the day, however that would have to wait till the end of their date.

With a last hug, Sigrid turned to the extravagantly decorated doors of her old prison, took one deep breath and then kicked the door of its hinges. Their path cleared they stepped inside leaving the garden, which filled with dead bodies of any unlucky soul who happened to pass by and into the foyer where multiple staff members looked at them like they were aliens.

Sigrid recognised the closest to them, a man named Jake who was the butler of the estate.

Sigrid turned to her girlfriend and motioned to her that she wanted to talk with him, Kristin obliged severing one of her hands of the rest of her body, grabbing the confused butler by the collar and dragging him towards themselves.

In the meantime Sigrid shot the rest of the staff, who looked absolutely terrified by what was happening, a smirk and placed her finger over her own lips, giving them a very clear signal to shut up, those who didn’t oblige were run threw by an icicle, before anything coherent could come from their mouths.

Once silence had been secured Sigrid leaned towards the butler, who was still firmly secured in Kristin’s hard grip, she smiled at him a predatory smile as he saw his fear and anxiety on his face. She lifted her hand and traced his face with two of her fingers.

"Hello Jake, it’s been quite a while hasn’t it? Would you be so kind as to bring me to my father? I hope he is home right now, for your own sake." Sigrid grinned once realisation flashed across the butlers eyes, so he hadn’t forgotten her.

"L-lady Sigrid?" The man whimpered, Sigrid burst into a small laugh.

"The one and only, it seems your bad memory has not cast me out quite yet how wonderful, now please bring me to my father, would you?" This wasn’t a question and the butler knew it. He nodded rapidly to signal his cooperation.

"Splendid then let’s not waste time now. You can release him now." Kristin did as she was told And was kissed on the cheek as a small reward for her efforts, which she greedily accepted. Then Sigrid leaned next to her ear and whispered in that husky voice Kristin knew all to well.

"You can have your way with the staff now, you can go wild~." She then turned and followed the nervous butler who had gone towards the halls already, once she reached the tall door separating the halls from the foyer she turned around one last time and saw her girlfriend with a dazed, almost drunken smile on her face as she pulled two stiletto knives from seemingly thin air, much to the horror of the staff members.

With a giggle she disappeared behind the door and Jake hastily closed it behind her, moments later muffled screams rang out from the foyer, Sigrid giggled, while Jake gulped hard and he apologised to his colleagues silently.

9