Chapter 9: Reunion
967 16 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He never liked press conferences, he didn’t in his youth, he didn’t in his prime and he certainly doesn’t as a grieving old man close to retirement. It was loud and bright and warm with 20 or so lamps shining down on him to give the viewers in front of their televisions the best possible look, while multiple cameras were flashing every second, trying to capture the best shot for the newspapers. What he hated most was the fact they always chose an truly unflattering image in the end as well!

Not that any of these thoughts were ever expressed publicly or were seen in his facial expressions, he looked unmoving and cold, a business smile on his lips at best, such was the life of this lie he had created around himself, the facade of an uncaring, none nonsense business man had made him the riches he held now and he knew if he let it falter for even a second to long people would pounce on it like a tiger, ready to tear him apart.

Which was exactly why he heard his own heart crumble at the next question.

"There have been numerous people loudly blaming the incompetence of the Magical Girls for the recent school massacre, as one of their public biggest supporters what is your response to these allegations?"

His breath hitched for a moment and he clenched his hands into fists, this was truly a difficult question, in the past, back when the Magical Girls first appeared, he was one of the first people to publicly support them, as many back them still felt reservations about these two alien like creatures who appeared out of nowhere, picked random girls and gave them super powers to fight other magical aliens.

He had created a movement to try and win the public over to his view, a cooperative relationship with them, providing them what ever they might need to ensure the safety of the town, many had accused him of simply trying to protect his own company and despite his continued denying of these allegations there were still some who questions his motives, but that was to be expected.

Over time the people started to accept the magical group as their success in defending the city was unquestionable and even the biggest doubters soon went quite as the Magical Girls dealt with threat after threat for the city. And then the massacre happened and his daughter was amidst the casualties.

The group never talked publicly, so no one could ask them what exactly happened that day on their side, they were around the school that was known, however they didn’t show up at the site of the massacre after it was way to late, after to many innocent people had died and since they never spoke of the matter theories of all kinds popped up all around the internet and beyond.

Former doubters and critics claimed they had done nothing on purpose and some even claimed they had done it themselves, while others tried to defend them, claiming something else of equal importance popped up and delayed the response of the Magical Girls.

As much As he had expected to be asked this question and no matter how much he had mentally prepared for it, in the end it was to much for his old heart, he took a small hitched breath and he felt tears sliding out his eyes, mummers came from the journalist as they looked at the truly unspeakable scene, the stone-cold businessman Jeralt Kolegs, was crying.

"We don’t know what may have caused the delay, I highly doubt they just forgot, the ways in which they work remain a secret to us after all, I will assume they had a highly important reason for their decision, I want to hope that the reason so many innocent people died is because otherwise even more people would have died. Although it is hard to imagine such a catastrophic event, I hope it happened, just so these deaths of these children was not out of negligence."

Silence enveloped the room, as all eyes are on the elderly man sanding behind the podium, the sudden display of emotions from a man who was often cold emotionless or 'man of stone' shocking them to the core, even the most cutthroat of reporters halted their action at the display, so unexpected was the scene. Jeralt lowered his head towards the floor and silently let the tears flow, even his son was shocked at the display of raw emotions, he had expected his father to simply refuse to speak of the topic and that he had to answer any questions regarding the massacre, he had not expected this.

The scene was so bizarre that no one noticed the how the room suddenly turned cold, how with each breath they took a steam of hot air left their mouths, how the tears of the old businessman turned to ice after they fell from his face, how a young girl wearing a gothic style dress stood in the door frame a expression of hatred and contempt on her face and no one noticed sharp icicles above them before it was far to late.

"Hello, brother and father it isn’t a pleasure to see you again." Sigrid snarled before the icicles fell to floor pricing through the bodies of all the reporters and camera crews present like a hot knife through butter. Blood spluttered everywhere and for a moment all what was visible was reads a tidal wave of blood sprang into the air.

After the crashed back down a few droplets hit the face of Sigrid while practically drowning her brother and father and at the end they were covered from head to toe in blood, their cloths soaked completely through, but they were to shocked to care.

"S-Sigrid, n-no you can’t be her! You can’t be my sibling!!" Her brother exclaimed, pointing a finger at her, while her father stood completely still wide eyed staring at her, fear on his face.

Sigrid smirked at her older brother and released a small chuckle at the accusation.

"I know you don’t think of me as genuine part of the family, however…" She used her finger to collect all the blood that had gathered around her face before sticking it in her mouth, a low rumble escaping her throat as the crimson liquid made contact with the crimson liquid. She released the finger with an audible pop and a satisfied smile on her lips.

"Blood doesn’t lie about such things."

She walked forward and with each step the room got a bit more cold, once she reached the podium the two men were shivering if it was from the cold or other reasons one could only guess. Sigrid snapped her fingers and a rapier appeared in her hands it’s blade looked as though it was made of solid ice and once she laid it against Jeralt skin he found it out it was just as cold as ice, yet he seemingly did not react, he only stared up at his supposed daughter, wide eyed and his body shivering.

"No need to be scared father, the torture only starts in a few minutes from now, I have some quick business to attend to first.“ She turned to leave but was stopped as she felt a weak tug at her dress, with a raised eyebrow she turned back around to the old man.

"Are you t-truly my daughter, or is this just a dream I created in my sorrows of loss." His voice was weak and small a far cry from the usual imposing business man, yet there was no fear in his voice either, it was desperation and sadness.

"Please tell me… I need to know the truth, I need to hear that this is nothing but a nightmare, all of this… I need to know that my lovely daughter is not this… I ne-…" Sigrid grabbed the old man by the throat, cutting off any words or oxygen. She was absolutely furious.

"Don’t you dare spit out such lies straight into my face! You never cared for me at all, I was nothing more then a card in your games, a barging ship for you to increase your own social standing, I was nothing more then cattle to be sold!"

She threw the man into the podium, splitting it in two open impact, she grabbed him by the collar soon after and brought him onto her eye level.

"Never once did I see your face outside of TV and news articles, never once did I hear you speak outside of Interviewpartner I ever heard were your orders you gave me through your head maid and they were always degrading and full of spite, I wasn’t a real person in your eyes, and don’t you dare tell me otherwise." She didn’t shout, spoke in a low voice but it was filled with so much disgust and malice it send a chill down everyone’s spines who heard it.

She held the tip of her rapier directly to his throat, her intentions clear for everyone to see.

"Any last words you piece of shit?"

Her father slowly raised his head, he was shacking and barley breathing at this point, if she would let him alone, he would die due to hyperthermia in less then an hour. He raised his hand even slower until reaching his daughter‘s cheek, Sigrid let him, be it with much apprehension.

"That maid… we fi-fired her on the grounds of ab-abuse and harassment against her co-workers a month after you left for pi-public school." He got into a coughing fit before he resumed his words.

"I‘m sorry for not doing so sooner…" He leaned in, trying to kiss his daughter for the first and last time, but before he could he breathe his last, as the rapier of ice pierced his throat twice, before Sigrid threw him to the ground.

"It is far to late for an apology, you disgusting man…" And without looking back she left the room.

Once she left the room she found a crying Jake sitting next to the door, murmuring something about being sorry and the like, Sigrid, not being in a good mood right now, simply rolled her eyes and grabbed the butler by his sleek black hair and pulled him up onto his feet. The butler released a yelp of pain before he realised who just pulled his hair and he shut up immediately.

"I am in quite a bad mood right now Jake so unless you want to die as well I suggest you do as you are told" The butler nodded in fright And did as he was told, he locked the room ensuring her brother, who she believed to still be inside, would freeze to death, Jake despite his survival  instincts screaming at him, did not tell her he had snuck out and ran deeper inside the mansion.

With that settled They both made their way back to the main hall of the mansion, Sigrid was in a extremely bad mood and wanted to see her girlfriend immediately for comfort, she came here with the express goal to torture her tormentors of all these years but when the time came her emotions got the better of her.

Pissed off that she didn’t get her planned revenge she hoped the soft embrace of her loving and cute girlfriend could calm her down enough so she might feel better about her self, once the door to the main hall opened however she was greeted with a sight she absolutely did not want to see at that moment, Kristin fighting two individuals dressed in extremely bright colours. Magical Girls.

She felt her hand twitch and her face fell into a furious rage, the day was already quite a bad one and now these filthy insects are daring to attack her girlfriend?!

All around her frost began to build, the temperature falling into the negative in an instant, Jake fled the room back into the corridor as quickly as he could before he would simply be turned into an ice block like everything else around Sigrid did, with an scream of pure anger a rain of icicles flew towards the two Magical Girls.

The two were caught by surprise and could barley creat an defensive shield of Magic around theme before they were hit by the rain of icy death. Before they realised what was even happening Sigrid was in the air driving her rapier through the magical barrier, breaking it and sending both of them flying against a nearby wall.

Kristin herself was rather perplexed at the situation, she was handling the situation just fine alone, she also was rather confused as to why Sigrid what out already and what on earth made her so angry? She had expected Sigrid to be gone for a far greater time and to be in a far better mood.

On their entire way to the estate Sigrid had bombarded her with ideas how she would torture her brother and father and she looked so excited, like a kid in a candy store. To see her in such a state of unprecedented rage, we’ll not unprecedented since the Magical Girls are here and they were their enemy’s, but even back at the school she wasn’t that angry about it as such Kristin grew concerned.

"I am already having an extremely shitty day and all I want is to cuddle up to my lovable small Girlfriend to relax, but nooooo you goddamn prices of shits not only had to crash the party, you dared to attack my girlfriend!!" With that Sigrid dashed towards the tow Magical Girls against the wall, Rapier raised to kill. While Kristin could feel her self slowly eroding from the heat of the embarrassment she was feeling right now. Sigrid had public said that she was hers, PUBLICLY!

Yet beneath all the embarrassment nothing but absolute love pounded her heart, watching her Girlfriend go into such a frenzy over the mere thought of her getting hurt was something so pure she couldn’t help but fall in love all over again.

—————————————————————

"I don’t know why you guys are so afraid, I already assured you that I won’t kill you!" Honestly some people are just so unreasonable, even with multiple assurances they cried about not wanting to get blown up, OF COURSE I WON‘T! If I blow you guys up no one could witness the greatness that is about to unfold. This whole thing takes all of my magic to be completed but I‘m 100% sure it’s gonna be worth it!

The swirl of darkness before me get a shade darker as the next few adjustments are being made, ohh just thinking about it gives me shivers. Yes I had to break into the train station and had to station a few robots around to ensure no one could spoil the surprise, which costed me some magic so the process was even slower then expected but it was all worth it to summon my very own "Gustav“.

9