Chapter 06
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear God,

I don't remember how long I stayed there. It could be an eternity or a few moments. I can't remember. When I was there, the world could be destroyed or devoured by some epic beast, everything could happen when I was there, but I can't remember, every single moment is a big blank. I think I was in some place inside my mind, but it is like anything happened, because I was lost. I was lost. Lost. Inside my head.

Ocean, my brother, found me. I remember when I came back and saw him, he looked like a revenge angel, a powerful angel. He looked like my home, my brother. And when I saw him I started to cry, because I failed, in protecting my family, in protecting the Sun. I was a failure and couldn't look my beautiful brother in the eyes to tell him that I let a stranger pickup our sister and take her somewhere unknown.

I was diving. Diving. Diving.

“What's happened, Moon? Someone told me you are here, and somehow I knew something was wrong. Please tell me I am wrong,” I listened to the despair and hopelessness in his voice.  I listened to his urgency for a hint of hope. Totally and completely despair. That broke my heart. That destroyed my soul.

“I'm sorry, Ocean. I am so, so sorry. I tried, I really tried, Ocean. I tried so fucking hard, but I could not stop him. It's my fault, it's my fault, Ocean. I said to her that I would take her out of that horrible thing, but I didn't have time. Please, just… Please, don’t hate me” I could not recognize my voice, it's a weak and tiny thing. It's a broken thing, a sad thing. A mirror of myself at that moment.

“Don't cry, little Moon. Don't cry. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. Easy,” He approached like I was a scared animal, so slow and calm and kind. He hugged me. He hugged me, so hard. My brother hugged me just like when I was a little girl and I could not sleep, and he told me that I didn't need to be scared, because he was there and would protect me. “I am here with you, little Moon. Everything's going to be fine, I promise. I am here with you, okay?” He was running his hands in my hair. Just like when I was a girl and I always told him I would not sleep because if I sleep he would go away and leave me alone, and he always laughed and said he would not leave me. He always told me he would never leave me.

“Tell me what happened?” My big brother whispered to me.

Thus, I told him everything happened. Every single thing. And that conversation is probably the most difficult talk I ever have to participate in.

 

***

 

Dear God, thank you for listening to me. Thank you for my family. Please, give me the strength I need to stand by them. And please give us a good night of sleep. That’s what I ask you and appreciate, God.

0