Chapter 39: Powerless (Part 4)
300 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BEEP*       *BEEP*

           *BEEP*           *BEEP*

*BEEP*       *BEEP*

           *BEEP*           *BEEP*

*BEEP*       *BEEP*

           *BEEP*           *BEEP*

*BEEP*       *BEEP*

           *BEEP*           *BEEP*

             

           

Jennifer recognized that sound.

              

*BEEP*       *BEEP*

           *BEEP*           *BEEP*

        

She began wandering to herself:

How many more times in my life, am I possibly going to wake up from unconsciousness to that sound?

      

It’s getting pretty annoying if you ask me.

                   

But before she even tried opening her eyes, or figuring out what was wrong with her.

She took stock of the situation.

      

Okay… I’m alive, which is good… I am in a safe place of sorts; I have my doubts Team Dunes would be so generous with me… unless they plan to stick me back on that machine again!

She thought panicked with a shiver.

No thanks! She decided. Next time, I’ll make sure I aim better and break more than that guys leg. She thought to herself.

Now… time to take stock of the inventory.

          

She began slowly moving her hands and fingers.

Oh wow!… I feel… slow…… Like… real slow… She thought as she flexed her fingers and hands.

They feel all tingly… that is… weird… it feels… almost like its numb or like the circulation got cut off and it tingles.

But… over all? Not bad… I expected worse. She thought astonished.

She then rotated her feet, making sure to stretch and flex her toes and curl her feet as much as she was able.

        

Okay! Feet and hands; check. Not paralyzed! Good to know. Now if I do need to escape… where ever it is I am?… I don’t have to worry about not being able to run. She thought pragmatically.

           

Next is… hmm… if I do the voice test… people will surely come running at the me making a sound… but if I open my eyes, and they see that… I can’t really pretend they didn’t…… Jennifer pondered what she should do.

       

≈Hehehe!~ There is always the third option Jennifer,≈ A voice giggled inside her mind. ≈That your loving Pokémon could inform everyone that you’re awake by her being excited!~≈

       

<Ralts!> Jennifer cheered within her mind.

         

≈Hehehe!~ not quite Jennifer.≈ She giggled. ≈Open your eyes.≈ She told Jennifer. ≈I’m right beside you!~≈

               

Jennifer decided that seeing Ralts was more important than procedures or safety.

      

No… not Ralts…

         

She opened her eyes.

<AH! Bright! Damn it! I always forget that!> Jennifer groused mentally as she blinked her eyes against the harsh fluorescent lighting.

≈Oh! Here Jennifer! Let me get those for you.≈

*tap* *tap* *tap*

Jennifer could already feel the harsh lights dimming as her Pokémon walked over to turn down their brightness.

≈Better?≈

*SIGH*

<Much>

                 

Jennifer then slowly and carefully opened her eyes.

The first thing she saw, was a taller Pokémon than the one she remembered so vividly. She stood next to her on a chair, right beside her cot.

Her sky-blue hair was longer now. Her orange horn previously on the top of her head, had now split and was half moon shapes on either side of her head.

Orange vibrant and intelligent eyes stared up at her, as they shone with happiness and affection.

≈Good morning mistress!~≈ Her Pokémon said to her. ≈It’s so good to see you awake finally!≈ She said to her before jumping up into Jennifer’s lap.

               

Jennifer smiled at her Pokémon’s antics, as she took in her new form.

“Good mor— *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH*”

≈Mistress!≈ Jennifer’s Pokémon got to work right away and pulled a cup from her bedside. ≈Here! Drink this slowly please.≈ She instructed Jennifer.

Wanted to chuckle at how much her Pokémon’s personality had changed.

It’s almost like she’s a different person.

     

*BA-DUMP*

          *BA-THUMP*

             

Jennifer saw a flash of hurt cross her Pokémon’s face.

≈Am I… that different from my previous self… mistress? Does-… does it displease you?≈ She asked Jennifer.

Jennifer’s eye opened wide at her question, and she wanted to protest; but she knew she needed a drink of water before she spoke what was in her heart.

         

With a slow and shaky hand, Jennifer reached up and took the cup from her Pokémon’s hands.

She took a sip, all while maintaining eye contact with her Pokémon, who was watching her nervously.

Jennifer handed her back the cup.

To which her Pokémon psychic took it and made it float over towards the bedside table.

Jennifer raised an impressed eyebrow at her.

“Th— *COUGH* -That’s new,” Jennifer observed. “Have your telekinetic abilities improved?” Jennifer asked.

≈Yeah, they’ve improved a lot since I’ve evolved.≈ She informed Jennifer.

“That’s amazing.” Jennifer told her honestly. She lifted her hand back up and cupped her cheek.

Her Pokémon reached up and grabbed her hand as it stroked her cheek. She held it while closing her eyes and nuzzling into Jennifer’s touch.

Jennifer watched worried for a second, as tears spilt from her closed eyes.

“Ralts?! Are you—“

≈I’m fine mistress…≈ She assured Jennifer. ≈I’m just so happy you’re awake.≈ she opened her eyes and stared at Jennifer with glistening orange jewel colored irises.

      

Jennifer smiled at her Pokémon.

“And I’m so glad you’re alright as well.” Jennifer replied. “And no, by the way. To your earlier question.” She told her.

“Kirli?”

Jennifer smiled at her.

“I don’t mind at all: I like how you’re acting now. It doesn’t bother me, no did I prefer how you act as a Ralts.” She informed her. Jennifer watched while she spoke, as an orange blush crept over her cheeks; which Jennifer found adorable.

“And I was wrong earlier.”

“Kirl?”

“Yeah,” Jennifer told her. “It’s not that it’s different or that you’ve changed.” She assured her. “It’s that you’ve matured a lot, since becoming a Kirlia.” Jennifer observed with a sad smile. “I’m sorry that we didn’t get to enjoy you evolving like we should have… it was pretty shitty how it happen, all things considered.” Jennifer lamented.

Kirlia just smiled widely at her mistress before diving down and hugging her neck.

≈It doesn’t matter to me how it happened mistress. You’re right, it wasn’t ideal. But I will take being with you always mistress, and we were together when it happened, so that is all that matters.≈ She looked up with shiny wet eyes towards Jennifer. ≈I’ve been worried this whole time Jennifer, that you might not like the new me, or wished I hadn’t evolved…≈

“What?! That’s absurd.” Jennifer told Kirlia. “No matter who you are, or what you turn into,” Jennifer said while hugging her Pokémon to her body. “You’ll always be that little that Ralts I was fortunate enough to help rescue that day; you are and always will be, my Pokémon partner: no matter what.”

            

Kirlia stared up at Jennifer with teary eyes as she heard and felt her mistress’s heart felt words.

Kirlia lowered her head back down into Jennifer’s chest.

≈Mistress!≈ Kirlia cried out in joy.

            

*BA-DUMP*

          *BA-THUMP*

           

≈I love you, Jennifer!≈

                

*BA-THUMP*

            *BA-DUMP*

         

Jennifer felt herself and her heart overflow with joy from Ralts’s— From Kirlia’s words and emotions.

       

“I love you too, Ralts— Kirlia…” Jennifer corrected herself too late. “Sorry about that Kirlia… I guess I just need more time to get used to calling you by your new evolutionary name.”

≈That’s alright≈ Kirlia assured. ≈If you wish to still call me Ralts, that can always be my new name.≈

Jennifer let out a guffaw.

“I can’t do that!” Jennifer said, almost sounding scandalized. “I would be the laughing stock of all humanity.” She told her.

≈Why?≈ Kirlia asked curiously. ≈Is it wrong to call me Ralts?≈

“Not wrong, necessary.” She told Kirlia. “It’s just seen as sort of juvenile: I would be seen as a child if I did that.”

Jennifer watched with a smile, as Kirlia mouth dropped in a O shape as she finally understood what Jennifer was telling her.

Kirlia sat upright, while staring down at Jennifer and pumped her arms while clenching her fists in determination.

≈Okay then!≈ Kirlia said with resolve. ≈Then we just need to think of a name that you can call me, no matter my Evolution!≈ Kirlia said with a smile.

“But Ra— Kirlia. I happen to like your Pokémon line names……” Jennifer started to say, but saw the disappointment spread on Kirlia’s face. “I mean! I do like your evolutionary line’s different name?!” She spoke with a hurriedly, to clear up the misunderstanding. “I’m just say that; are you sure you want a name like that?”

Kirlia nodded her head emphatically.

              

≈I would love and cherish a name that gave me, Jennifer.≈

                   

*BA-DUMP*     

                   *BA-THUMP*

                        

A smile she couldn’t help control, started to spread widely and crookedly across her face.

She felt her heart beating in sync with Kirlia; their happiness shared between them.

“…Alright,” Jennifer told Kirlia. “I’ll think of one, and we’ll agree together if it suits for you.”

Jennifer saw and felt that Kirlia wanted to protest about both of them deciding on her name.

Jennifer put a finger to Kirlia’s lips, silencing any protests.

“Together.” Jennifer told her with a reassuring smile that brokered no debate. Her hand reached around to cup Kirlia’s cheek again.

Kirlia smiled widely at her mistress’s kindness. She once again nuzzles into Jennifer’s hand and bringing hers up to hold onto Jennifer’s wrist, petting her the back of her hand, wrist and forearm.

        

*BA-THUMP*

           *BA-DUMP*

                        

Jennifer stared at Kirlia. Looking at features and rare colorings.

I want to give her a name that’s as unique as she is… something about her colors maybe… maybe about her shiny orange irises.

     

Shiny……

         

A thought zipped across Jennifer’s mind. A thought about what name would suit her Pokémon perfectly.

             

“L—“

         

*SCRAPE*     *SLAM*

             

The two of them startle in place as they hear the sound of the door being flung open. They both turn to look towards the hallway were the door was hidden from the bedside. Just in time to see a large gray Pokémon with four arms slide across the linoleum floor.

        

“MA!~ CHAMP!~”

The Pokémon shouts as he slides into place. He does a pose with two arms, sticking out away from him, with his other two crossing over in front of him; covering his face: in all four of his hands, he had plastic white bags.

           

Jennifer blinked in total surprise and shock, to see a Machamp slide into her room, preforming a dab with all four arms.

“What in the fu—“ Jennifer began whispering.

≈Papa!≈ Kirlia shouted in embarrassment and covered her face, at how her father came in and struck a pose.

      

<P-PAPA?!> Jennifer questioned in thought as she heard Kirlia’s claim towards the Pokémon in the room.

          

“Hahahaha!~ Machamp, you need to be quiet.” A voice called out to the Pokémon from around the corner. “Jennifer is still resting; I don’t know why you insist on posing every time you come into the room: are you just hoping to do it one time, and she would miraculously be awa—…… ke……”

*THUD*       *THUD*

Two more white bags hit the floor, as the person holding drops them to the floor at the sight of Jennifer being conscious.

Jennifer’s eyes went wide as she saw the person standing just past the archway of the hall.      

           

“Jennifer……” She whispered in shock.

               

“M-Mom?!” Jennifer exclaimed in surprise. “I?!… what?—“

         

*Tap*

        *Tap*

                  *Tap*

          

Jennifer lay there in perpetual surprise, as her mother mysterious showed up along with a Machamp; her mother had thrown herself onto Jennifer, hugging her around her neck.

“M-Mom?!” Jennifer stuttered in surprise.

“Thank Arceus! Praise Arceus that you’re awake!” Rebecca cried. “I thought!— I  was!— oh thank Arceus!”

Jennifer just let herself relax into her mother’s tight embrace. She reached up and held her mother as well, her hands clenching at her mother’s blouse.

“Mom!…” Jennifer murmured happily. “…I’m so glad you’re here.”

Her mother replied by whimpering, nodded her head into Jennifer’s shoulder.

                        

“Hey, honey? Don’t you think you’ve gone overboard? She’s not even?—“

From around the corner, Jennifer’s dad stopped and stared at Jennifer being hugged by his wife.

“Jen?… how?— When?!—“

Jennifer smiled at her dad.

“Hi dad,” She said casually. “Thanks for visiting: good morning.”

Johnathan dropped the plastic bags he was carrying and ran over to join his wife in embracing their daughter.

After hugging and holding his daughter and his wife for a while, he pulled back and looked down at Jennifer with a smile.

“I’m so glad to see you’re awake.” He told Jennifer with a voice full of emotions. “H-How are you feeling?! Do you hurt anywhere?”

           

After everyone separated from hugging Jennifer, she stretched her limbs and rolled her shoulders.

“Surprisingly good…” Jennifer told him. “…All things considered.” She informed her sullenly.

Johnathan nodded his head in understanding.

“Yeah, i’m sorry you had to go through that— *HIC*”

“Dad!” Jennifer called out to her father. “Do-Don’t cry, or you’ll make me start— *HIC*”

Johnathan and Jennifer reached for each other again, as they embraced one another while they cried teas of pain and frustration.

“God! It was awful daddy!” Jennifer felt herself progressing back almost ten years while being held in her father’s arms. “They hurt me dad! It hurt so much!” Jennifer cried as she sobbed into her father’s chest.

        

“Shh!” Johnathan whispered into his daughter’s hair. “It’s okay Jen… they can’t…” He trailed off as he realized what he was about to say was untrue; that they most certainly could hurt her. “They’re all…” Gone? No… not yet they weren’t. Just the ones from this division. Johnathan thought. The whole organization needs to disappear before Jennifer could be safe. “I’m…—“

Johnathan lowered his head, as he cried his own set of tears, at the fact that he could promise his daughter anything.

        

Not her safety.

       

Nor are they were no longer around.

           

Not that I could protect her either.

       

I’m a failure as a father.  He thought depressed.

        

“I’m sorry little Spearow…” Johnathan apologized to his daughter. “…I’m sorry that I couldn’t protect you…” He cried.

Rebecca cried silent tears, as she watched her family in this touchingly sorrowful moment.

She reached forward as she hugged Jennifer from behind, as she reached around to hold onto her husband.

They sat there in their embrace, as they cried for their own various reasons.

             

Jennifer for the pain she endured

            

Johnathan for his inattentiveness in assuring Jennifer’s safety.

                   

And Rebecca, for her failure in not being able to stop Team Dunes.

        

“Kirli…”

The Jennifer looked down to see Kirlia hugging on to the side of their family group: onto the side of Kirlia’s family.

Jennifer smiled through her tears. She reached down with her closest arm and pulled Kirlia into her side, bring her into the family hug.

      

Smiles started forming on everyone’s faces while they embraced. Their close love and warmth seeping into each other. Slowly healing the wounds on their hearts that came from the pain caused by this incident.

           

“Ma~ Champ amp!~”

     

“”Huh?””

      

Before they knew it, four strong arms were reaching around them. Hugging them close to a strong muscular chest.

““W-Woah!”” “Machamp!” “Hahaha!~” “Kirli li li li li!~”

The family laughed as they were lifted up by the Superpower Pokémon.

        

“Come on, Machamp! Put us down now.” Rebecca told him.

            

“Mmm! Machamp.” He murmured with a final squeeze of his new family before setting them down.

“Hah hah hah…” Johnathan chuckled as they were put down. “You big goof,” He told Machamp as he lifted his hand and pushed his fist against Machamp’s chin. He looked back down at Jennifer with a smile before reaching down and ruffling her hair. “I’m going to go get the doctor and make a few calls: quite a few people have been worried about you.”

Jennifer chuckled. 

“You mean May?”

But to Jennifer surprise, her dad shook his head.

“More than just her.” Johnathan told her. “Some girl named Solidad and Brawly as well, along with those police women.”

“Solidad? Brawly? Police women? You mean Aviary and Jenny?” Jennifer asked.

“Yeah, those two.” Johnathan confirmed. “I’m going to call them all, let them know you’re okay. Then I’ll be right back with the doctor to check you over.”

        

After watching her dad steps out, Jennifer turns to look at her mother.

“So? When did you you get in mom?” Jennifer asked her mother.

“Almost two days ago; I caught the next flight to Hoenn, as soon as your father told me about what had happened. I got here the next morning after your capture and subsequence rescue.”

Jennifer nodded her head in understanding at what she was just told.

“Makes sense, I can’t image you would have stayed in Ejapul once you heard Team Dunes was involved.” Jennifer pointed out.

Rebecca chuckled at her daughter’s misconception.

“It wasn’t about Team Dunes, it was about what had happened to you; Team Dunes be damned:” Rebecca reached down and fixed an errant strand of hair behind Jennifer’s ear. “Anyone who messes with my child, I would make sure to be there before the battle would be over if I could.” She told Jennifer with reassuringly. “Nothing is more important than you my Spearow.”

                 

Jennifer heart felt warm from her mother’s words.

          

Then her eyes trailed over towards the Pokémon standing next to the bed, who was admiring his own muscles. Jennifer smiled before looking back towards her mother.

“So? Who’s the big guy?” Jennifer asked her mother with a nod towards the four armed Pokémon.

Rebecca laughed at her daughter’s question, which made Jennifer tilt her head in question at her mother’s laughter.

“That was something we were hoping you could tell us.”

“Me?” Jennifer questioned.

“Yeah,” Rebecca nodded. “From accounts of the officers that arrived on scene to rescue you: this Machamp had shown up and rescued the two of you from the whole of the Team Dunes who had kidnapped you.”

Jennifer’s eyes went wide as she heard this,

“Wow really?” She looked at her mom in surprise.

        

Rebecca nodded.

“Yes… they say he took on twenty Pokémon to rescue the both you and Kirlia; and beat up and incapacitated all the Team Dunes members.”

“Amazing…” Jennifer looked back towards the Machamp. “So you’re the one who rescued me?”

Machamp nodded his head to confirmation.

“Machamp champ champ amp!”

Jennifer tilted her head in confusion.

        

Huh?

      

Kirlia got up and stood in front of Jennifer, with her arms raised high into the air.

≈That’s right!≈ Kirlia said to Jennifer. ≈Papa came in like a charging Tauros! He beat up all those evil people and their Pokémon and saved us!≈ She cheered.

Jennifer forgot her confusion on in favor of smiling at her Pokémon’s enthusiasm. But then she looked back up at Machamp with a questioning confused look on her face.

“But whose Pokémon are you? Who told you to come save us? Are you really Ralts’s— I mean Kirlia’s dad? Does that make you a wild Pokémon also?! Tell me?!” Jennifer shouted at him.

“Jennifer?! What’s wrong?” Rebecca asked her unnerved daughter.

≈Mistress? Are you alright Jennifer? What’s the matter?!≈

         

But Jennifer ignored their words of concern, as she stared deep into the Machamp’s eyes.

      

I can’t hear anything. I… I need to hear him say it!

        

“Whose Pokémon are you? Why did you rescue us?” Jennifer asked him with pleading desperate eyes.

             

Machamp stared back down at her in confusion as his daughter’s trainer stared back up at him desperately.

He took a deep breath before answering.

“Machamp amp Ma.” Machamp confirmed. “Ma Champ amp Machamp amp champ amp amp Ma Ma Machamp amp; champ Ma amp champ amp amp Ma champ champ amp Ma amp, Ma Champ amp amp Ma Champ.” He explained. “Champ amp Ma, Ma amp Ma champ; Champ amp amp Ma Ma Champ, cha amp Ma Champ, champ Ma Champ amp Cham Cha amp Ma amp champ: Ma champ cha Ma amp, Ma Ma champ amp Ma cha” champ Ma amp cha champ Machamp.” He informed her of the circumstances of how he found them. “Amp Ma cha amp Ma champ; Ma amp champ: Ma Champ Machamp.”1“I’m her father.” Machamp confirmed “I had been searching for them ever since my mate and children went missing in the forest; I had been out gathering food from other areas and berry bushes in the forests, but when I returned, they were gone.” He explained “Even after much time had passed, I was still searching for them; I happened to be in that forest, still looking for them, when I heard my daughter’s psychic cry enter my mind: I knew it was her at the time, so I rushed to where I could feel the psychic energy pulled at my mind.” He informed her. “As for whose Pokémon I am; I suppose: I’m yours.” He told her, while reaching behind himself and pulling a PokéBall from his leotard, offering his PokéBall to her.

                   

Jennifer looked from the PokéBall in his hand, then back to the Pokémon’s face. Her breath coming in faster and faster while she started to panic.

             

*BA-THUMP*

       

“Wait?” Rebecca asked while pointing at the PokéBall in Machamp’s hand. “So you’re not a wild Pokémon? Someone owner you at some point?” She asked the fighting type Pokémon.

He nodded his head.

“Ma amp cha.” He acknowledged.

            

*BA-DUMP*

          

Rebecca looked around her daughter’s shoulders, to look at her face.

“Is that what he said Spearow?……. Honey?” Rebecca called to her daughter in concern, as her face looked pale and her breathing increased.

≈Jennifer?! Are you okay?!≈ Kirlia called to her mistress, as she felt her raising panic.

        

Jennifer turned towards her mother, grabbing hold of her by the shoulders.

“M-Mom!” She shouted in panic.

“W-What sweetie?! You’re scaring me!” Rebecca replied with worry.

“P-Please! Pick a number! ANY NUMBER!” Jennifer told her mother frantic. “One to a quadrillion! I don’t care!”

“Jennifer!”

        

*SLAP*

             

Rebecca slapped her daughter gently across her cheek to get her attention:

“Honey… little Spearow… you’re scaring Mamma! Please, Jennifer! Tell me what’s wrong? Tell me what’s happened?” Her mother asked her as calmly as she could.

            

The panic never left Jennifer’s face; her mind racing at a million hours.

          

*BA-DUMP*

                 

I can’t hear them!

             

*BA-THUMP*

          

I can’t FEEL them!

                

Jennifer turned and looked at the glass on the other side of her mother. She reached out with her hand, as she thought mentally of picking it up.

“Jennifer?! What are you doing?!” Rebecca asked as Jennifer pushed her to the side.

        

Jennifer’s entire focus was on the plastic cup.

              

*BA-THUMP*

Please!

*BA-DUMP*

WORK!

*BA-THUMP*

          *BA-DUMP*

         

*BA-DUMP*

            *BA-THUMP*

                         

                 

*SNAP*

                        

             

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!”

        

≈MISTRESS!≈

“JENNIFER!” Rebecca screamed as her daughter reached for her head with her hands, as she clutched at her skull as if in pain.

           

She lifted Jennifer and pushed her back down onto the mattress of the cot.

*GASP*

Rebecca, Kirlia and Machamp gasped as they looked and saw her right eye had become bloodshot and was bleeding bloody tears; her nose was also running with blood down her face.

             

“Becca! What’s wrong?!” Johnathan asked his wife as he came rushing around the corner with the doctor.

“I’—I’m not sure?! She was communicating with the Machamp, and then she asked me to pick a number between one and a million or something like that! And then she acted like she was reached for the cup over there and then— *HIC* —Then she!” Rebecca tried her best to explain, but the worry for her daughter made her lose focus.

Kirlia was already sitting at the head of the bed. Her hands on either side of Jennifer’s head; they glowed blue with a water surrounding them, as they glided over Jennifer’s temples and crown.

“W-What are you doing to my daughter?!” Rebecca shouted at Kirlia.

“Honey! Calm down! Can’t you see she’s using a healing Move?”

“Without her trainer’s permission?!” She shouted at her husband. “She just needs to get away from her and let the doctor help her!”

“No, look!” He pointed at Jennifer, who was starting to calm down from screaming to just groaning cries. “She’s helping.”

“That’s Life Dew ma’am,” Doctor Lang told her. “If she is your daughter’s Pokémon, she’ll be psychically linked with her and know exactly what is wrong; she’ll be more help to your daughter than anything else I could do.” He told Rebecca honestly. “But here, let me get in closer and see what I can do.”

Rebecca reluctantly moved aside, so Doctor Lang could move in to inspect Jennifer.

        

“Kirlia,” Doctor Lang spoke to the Pokémon, drawing its attention.

“Kirli?—“

“Don’t focus on me or what I’m doing; keep up what your doing for your trainer, but answer these questions for me with yes or no as nods and shakes of your head:” He told her.

“………..” Kirlia nodded without looking back up while the Doctor inspected Jennifer, just as he asked her. She just sat above Jennifer’s head, her hands running over Jennifer’s temples, forehead, and crown.

As the Doctor check the monitor for her pulse, he also check it manually just to be sure. He moved over and in close to inspect her eyes.

“Kirli lia!” Kirlia protested.

Lang looked up at the Pokémon who was shaking her head.

“I need to” He told her. “Are you telling me she is sensitive to the light right now?” He kept his words simple for the Pokémon to understand; since she wasn’t a fully trained Pokémon physician.

Kirlia nodded her head,

“Would she fight me if I tried?”

Nod.

“Okay,” He moved over and looked through the cabinets in the room for a specific thing he would need. Once he found it, he brought it back in front of Kirlia. “This is a medicine to help her sleep, do you believe it will be safer for her to remain awake?”

“…………………” Kirlia thought about it for a moment, then she shook her head.

“Good,” Doctor Lang then administered the ten mg of morphine into the patient.

Doctor Lang put took an absorbent cloth and cleaned away Jennifer’s face that hand been dripping with blood before he got there.

After which, he rechecked Jennifer’s vitals again, after seeing her noticeably calm down.

“Is she asleep now?” He asked Kirlia. It wasn’t lost on him that he was acting like she was the Doctor and he the intern; which was something that made him feel nostalgic. But he also knew when to work with others and to listen to Pokémon: especially those who were deeply connected to the patient.

Kirlia nodded her head.

“Good,” He told her. “I’m going to check her eyes again.”

As he did, he got a good look and saw that she was in-fact photosensitive.

After doing his checks, he paged for the nurse and her Chansey.

“Kirlia,” He addressed the Pokémon hovering above his patient. “I am assuming the pain is mostly located in her skull?”

He received a nod as an answer.

“Right here,” He asked as he touched a spot near the back right of her cerebrum.

Kirlia looked up in surprise at the doctor, who had pinpointed the location where most of the pain had been coming from.

“Kirlia a Kirli.” She nodded in affirmation.

“Okay,” He said to her while the nurse and Chansey walked in. “We’ll take it from here Kirlia.” At first, it look like she would want to move. But Professor Yew moved over towards the other side of the cot and held out his arms.

               

Kirlia reluctantly moved into the Professor’s arms, where she started crying into his chest.

The Doctor smiled at the worried family before him.

“Please rest assured, we’ll take good care of her: we’ll be taking her in for an MRI immediately, then checking to see if it’s surgical or not.”

Upon hearing this, Kirlia turned back and shook her head.

“Kirlia! Kirli li lia kirli!” She shouted while shaking her head.

“Not surgical? Are you sure?” He asked the Pokémon’s opinion.

Kirlia nodded.

“Doctor.” A firm voice asked called to him.

He looked over at Rebecca, who was staring firmly with anger in her eyes.

“Why in the world are you even asking of my daughter’s Pokémon’s opinion? She isn’t medically trained, nor is she expert in knowing anything about humans.” Rebecca questioned the Doctor’s logic.

But Doctor Lang just smiled at her.

“With all do respect Lieutenant; neither are you.” He told her. He watched as she visibly stood up straighter in agitation at his words. “But I respect the fact that Kirlia was literally going through the same exact pain your daughter was going through, and even moved to help her in the midst of that overwhelming pain to ensure her trainer safety. I was just using her to help my patient in the most efficient manner that held the most success in saving my patient’s life.”

Doctor Lang looked over towards Professor Yew as he ignored the angry scowl of his patient’s mother.

“I’ll be bring you two an update on your daughter’s condition as soon as I have one. Until then, please pray”

Johnathan nodded his head as he gave a grateful smile towards the Doctor.

“Of course Doctor Lang. Thank you.”

He then left and moved to go towards his patient, where he had absolutely no idea what he was getting into with a psychic mind.

                    

                     

                

19