Story #1 Chapter #5 Route #1
210 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akarui has lived four lives.

In his fifth life, so as to get away from his fate of a weak pleb, he traded his existing powers for a chance at a greater power. By over-exhausting his Regeneration (EX) skill and transforming his soul, spirit and mana circuits, he now became a living Tailed Beast in human form. Of course, he became weak by losing his mana reserves, and was found unconscious in a pool of blood by someone unknown, possibly someone rich and powerful, and was treated in a high class hospital. A few days after a week has passed and regenerating enough physical and mana prowess to use spatial shift twice, he teleported to a railway line and waited patiently while recharging his mana, and promptly teleported inside when a rail passed by. He went to a border countryside town/village and wanted to peacefully recuperate to his full powers.

That concludes the recap. Now, enjoy~


After getting down the station, Akarui, no, he's now called Harukin, stretched.

'I'll identify this life as that of 'Harukin'. 'Akarui' will remain as someone of my first life. I'm now totally different from that naive, weak-willed, and gentle-natured Akarui. I'm also different from Subject-02 and that last man on the World of Women, so I'll now henceforth be 'Harukin'. ', is how his thought process went.

He surveyed his surroundings. There's no one in this station.

'It's late at night, and it's countryside, of course there'd no one. Good. I'll now search for a place to stay, and recuperate there.'

He had enough mana to support flying for a few minutes so he did just that. Casting another invisibility spell, and a cold and wind resistance spell, he floated to the sky.

It's dark so he can't see clearly, but he can make out the general outline of the village.

He didn't take long to decide. He flew over to a good old strong tree, and slept on one of its thicc branches. He didn't forget to take precaution by tying himself to the trunk with a prop root.

'It's a little uncomfortable, this will only be for today. After sunlight comes, I'll search for an abandoned building or something and stay over there. Until then, this will have to do.'

He summoned a shadow soldier and ordered it to keep lookout, after which he fell asleep.


An year has passed since that day and Harukin turned seven years old.

He traveled from one place to another, avoiding any human interactions, spending time leisurely during the day and practicing at night at the Jutsu Library, while recuperating his powers.

One thing to note is that his Regeneration EX's cooldown has ended a few weeks ago, and he went back to being almost-immortal. He daringly ate some suspicious looking mushrooms, drank some suspicious looking juices, suspicious looking trees, and all sorts of things.

'My taste in food has gone weird. Well, whatever. Not like I care.'

On another note, since he became a Tailed Beast in human form, his stopped ageing. Of course, he can increase his size by using mana, but his true form will forever be as a child. Not that he cares about it much. His pure physical prowess won't increase anymore, but since he has mana, it's an  ignorable demerit at best.

As long as he's not completely exhausted of mana in a mana-less environment, he'll never age again. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing. He's immortal as long as he has mana, but if you take that off, he'd become a child.

'I need to find a way to generate mana within myself. I don't want to die of mana-depletion. Depending on the situation, if the opponent has enough skills, he just needs to seal my mana to make me lose my fighting capabilities.'

This day, while roaming about here and there, he came across something interesting.

A fight between supernatural ability users of this world. It's not much exciting compared to his usual fights in the Jutsu library's space, but it's nice to watch. His Rikugan is slowly recovering so he can see and calculate the end outcome of this match solely based on what he watched.

'This is like watching little children fighting. So weak. Didn't the ROB say there's a person with ROB-level powers in this world? Then why is the level of fighting so weak?'

"Hoh~, you can see it?" A female voice came from his side.

'Damn, I became careless. Since when did she appear beside me?' Harukin thought, and turned to look at her.

She looked no older than a middle school girl, and has a dog by her side. She's wearing a black windbreaker and jeans, has medium length hair tied to her side, and an inquisitive look in her eyes.

Although he's tense and on guard, he still showed a relaxed posture and acted calm.

"A fight of this level is like child's play when compared to This King. Of course I can see it. If not because of that incident, I'd be strong enough to kill them with a finger." Harukin spoke.

It's true. He could just crush people like them casually before the incident of The Apotheosis happened.

"Pfft. That's funny. Although I agree that they are weak, you are not in a position to say that, kid. What are you doing here, and where are your parents?" She asked, with slight vigilance in her voice.

Any supernatural ability user who visits a deserted place like this, when there's a fight going on, comes with only one purpose. To profit from their exchange while they are engaged with each other. Although Harukin looks like a child and doesn't seem to possess much mana reserves, from what she saw, he can casually ignore the mind deviation spell casted to prevent involving ordinary people, which it means he should possess some sort of capabilities. And she can't ignore the possibility that he's just a diversion or a suicide bomber either, although the last part doesn't seem to be true.

"I'm here because I'm interested to know what's going here. And I'm old enough to not be monitored by my parents 24/7. Also, who are you, child? What are you doing here, and where are your parents?" Harukin asked.

'Hah, calling me a kid, are you? Let's see how you react to being called a child by someone you called a kid.' He thought. He's the type to hold grudges. And he's proud of it.

Sure enough, that earned a twitching eyebrow from the girl.

"Well, my name is Ayumi Himiki, the judge of the duel here. I'd advise you to not interfere in their battle, unless you wish to incur the ire of the Himiki clan, kid. Now, back off. Shoo."

She said with a chasing off gesture, and our protagonist, the main character that he is... kindly backed off.

'I mean, why would I risk offending a whole clan just to watch some low-level thug fight, when I'm still going through the post-apotheosis weakening period?'

He didn't take a single peek back and just ran away full speed. He even enhanced his speed with wind jutsu while running. He might've used lightning cloak to run if not for him hiding his abilities.

While he was running, he was tapped on the shoulder.

'It happened again. I didn't sense any spatial distortions so just how did she do that?'

"Here. You seem slightly talented so take this card. If you are ever in need of a judge, contact me at the Himiki Clan. You should be honored that the future best judge is personally giving you her card."

And she disappeared.

Harukin just took the card absentmindedly.

"It seems that I underestimated the ability of this world. Sure enough, I shouldn't let that low-level thug fight interfere with my previous judgement. But just how did she do that?" Harukin muttered under his breath, and just ran off.

After a while, he teleported to a previously marked position (with Flying Thunder God Jutsu) hundreds of miles away.


So, about this chapter. Ayami Himiki was first introduced in Chapter 175 of Neet dating sim. I think this character has a great potential to develop, but it was a bummer that the author never mentioned her again. I wanted to write something better but I think a bad first impression, then later becoming friends/comrades/confidants is good too. Anyway, I was not satisfied with the later part of the story but I guess that's just my personal preference?

The next chapter is gonna be a time skip to look forward to it~

Yours sincerely, The most handsome and ever so smart Level9ROB.

5