Story #1 Chapter #9 Route #1
144 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So.. it's like this. I've noticed a plot hole in the previous chapter and would like to give an explanation. Harukin inherited all the skills of Gojo Satoru, so why didn't he use Limitless to defend himself? It's simple. He didn't have the required mana to keep it active for such a long time, even with the help of Rikugan. I mean, just how long do you think he can keep it active? A few hours? A day? A few weeks? At some point or the other, his mana would not be able to keep up. That's what happened. Or that's how I think it did. That space is weird in that the time there is distorted so nobody would ever know how much time passed before he was able to master his new suicide-turned-non suicide technique? 

Also, please do note that while this is a NEET dating sim fanfic, this work will still be an AU. Explanations, plot events, characters settings, etc. may change according to what is convenient for me and my plot.

Also, about Regeneration EX. While it may sound intimidating and frankly, is haxx-tier, he is still a noob. Here's an example. The skill itself is EX tier, but the skill level is still level 1. Practicing diligently in the Jutsu Library's space with healing functions has barely increased it to level 10. That's where he's at. He still has potential, but potential does not translate to pure power.

Also, don't expect that Regeneration EX would heal him instantly. Regeneration, it does. But it won't be fast. Yet.

Harukin has lived four lives.

In his fifth life, he sacrificed all the karma he accumulated and got reincarnated with OP cheats. He trained for 6 years in a forest before The Apotheosis happened. He turned himself into a human bijuu, of course, such a process is incredibly slow and takes a few decades to complete. When he was passed out due to the apotheosis seal, he was found by Yui and Hana Haruta who then magnanimously took him to a VIP hospital. He stayed a week there recuperating before escaping to a faraway place. After a year, he met with Ayami Himiki who presided as a judge in a spiritual ability user duel, and over the course of five years, the both of them became close friends, as well as business partners where Harukin sold his Fuinjutsu talismans for money and information, as well as protection from the Himiki clan. Then the Midnight Incident happened on the New Year's. Harukin went to work to save people and reduce the damage, and saw that the mana itself is awakening and becoming active. The next day, while saving people, Harukin found weird spatial distortions appearing everywhere in the city, so after making sure his presence is not needed, he went inside the biggest spatial distortion in the city, blissfully unaware that the said distortion changed imperceptibly after he went inside. After that, he had a life and death battle with a mana beast with ridiculous amount of mana, strength, speed, reflexes, and got trashed. He was killed after losing all hope and was in despair. But somehow, the time rewounded and he found himself alive, just about to punch the monster. He improved his control, and added a few other ideas, and then punched out. This continued for countless times until Harukin's whole body was covered in the technique he was mastering over the course of countless deaths. His body changed its appearance, and his thoughts totally stilled. He just punched out instinctively. And this time, Harukin was not extinguished by the after-effects of his own technique.

Yoshi, that was the brief recap of what happened in the previous eight chapters.

Now, enjoy the story~


"An unfamiliar ceiling..."

Harukin woke up.

"Another hospital... It's the second time this happened. Which idiot was it this time?" Harukin muttered under his breath.

His whole body was covered in bandages. And talismans.

"It's hella painful, but This King is an experienced senior in the Dao of Pain, so the pain is of no consequence. But I should escape this place real quick, befo-"

Harukin's monologue was interrupted by his recalling about what happened.

"Wait, how did I survive? No, how did I get out of that place? Just wher-"

And his monologue was interrupted, again, this time by a huge surge of memories.

The headache due to the surge of memories was so immense that Harukin was sure he would've passed out if it was before he went inside the weird spatial distortion.

After what seemed to be a long time but is actually just an instant, his pain receded, and he regained clarity.

He panted, and caught his breath.

"What was that? Huh? Did I just get a random power-up? It seems that I did... Wow..."

What was in his memories, is something he didn't comprehend fully. Yet. But he knew. It was his final form.

His final form, that devil-like form, is hella haxx. And if he followed his memories and practiced diligently, he'd one day achieve the same form.

And ... that was not the only thing he gained.

"An upgrade to the Rikugan, is it?"

Yes. His eyes upgraded. Unlike Rikugan, which is always active, this new eye power is controllable at will.

Of course, just the basic Rikugan is enough to give him an information overload, so the upgrade, which is several times more powerful, is sure to be hard to master. But Harukin has time. As long as there is mana, he will never die. He's immortal. He'll master it at some point.

"I've gotten complacent and allowed myself to get into harm's way. I've dived headfirst into a natural phenomenon that affected almost the whole world. What's more, I've almost died. No, I had died, although it's now in another timeline. The Apotheosis made me think I'll never actually die as long as I have mana, and I've forgotten that there are ROB-tier superpowered individuals out there in this world. Surely, killing me will be a breeze for people like that. Rather, even discounting Seimei Kamijou's ROB powers, there will surely be many people more powerful than me, so it's only natural that they have ways to deal with me. Even just sealing my mana makes me vulnerable. Though, not anymore, with my new form."

His new form is primarily based on Haki and unparalleled control of the mana. Even if his own mana is sealed, he can control the natural mana in his surroundings to transform into his new form.

"Well, good to know. I've been given a reality check. I may be powerful, but not the most powerful. I should remember this lesson and not act complacently in the future."

After contemplating his mistakes, he turned his attention to something else.

"I wonder what I should name this new ocular power of mine?"

Harukin was stumped on the name. Surely, everyone would agree that a cool is a necessity for cool techniques?

After thinking for a long time.

"Dame da, I can't think of any cool name. Let's just call it Aka Rikugan and be done with it."1Dame da=it's no use. Aka = Red.

His naming skills sucked so he just called it Aka Rikugan, based on the color his eyes take when he uses the upgraded Rikugan.

Harukin felt proud for giving his upgraded Rikugan such a fitting name. Surely, he did justice to the super-cool Doujutsu?

While he was immersing himself in his useless sense of self-satisfaction, the door to his room opened by someone.

It was someone he didn't recognize. Or rather, he can't see through the bandages clearly, so he can only see the aura of this person.

Judging by the fact that he didn't recognize the aura, he concluded it to be a stranger.

The stranger came to his side and looked at him silently. "It seems you woke up."

It was the voice of a teenage boy.

From what Harukin was sensing, the boy himself wasn't powerful. He's probably an ordinary spiritual ability user. But there's a catch. Harukin is sensing very dangerous vibes when facing this boy. What it is inside him, it's very, very, powerful.

His thoughts continued in such a fashion and he gradually put his guard up for any unexpected attacks.

His mana circuits are still working. When he's inside the spatial distortion realm, his supermassive control due to Aka Rikugan allowed him to control his mana overloaded circuit and make it into a completely stable technique, allowing his mana circuit to undergo a change. Not to mention damaging his circuits, his mana reserves even increased several folds. Although it's still nowhere near enough compareed to a Bijuu, he's confident he can take on a few hits.

"You don't need to get so tense. I'm not here to bring you harm. It was I who brought you to the hospital when you were collapsed, so you could rest assured that I'm no enemy. I'll call in the doctor. Rest for a while."

With that, the boy left.

'Weird.', he thought, 'But whatever is inside the boy is very powerful. More powerful than anyone I've ever met, ignoring the mana monster.'

After a while, the doctor came, checked some things and removed his bandages. And talismans. He was greatly astounded with Harukin's recovery speed, but he was professional enough to keep silent about it. He's experienced enough to know that no good will come from interfering with his patient's secrets. And everybody has secrets. He's already used to it.

Harukin checked himself in a mirror and observed his changes.

'Did I become more handsome?', he thought narcissistically.

"There are no anomalies in your body. All functions are working alright, nothing out of the ordinary. Other than your slightly weary mana network, which would take a few more days to recover, you are perfectly fine. Remember not to use any high-class spells and put even more load in your mana network during this time." The doctor advised.

In fact, the doctor is more than astonished with his mana circuits. They are unlike anything he has ever seen. If not because the reports say so, he would've believed it to not belong to a human. And his mana reserves are out of ordinary too. But he's a professional, so he kept his emotions in check and didn't say anything untoward to his patient.

"Uh, can I know who saved me?" Harukin asked.

"It's fine. You will know who it is when you meet him later. For now, you just need to rest. If you are in need of anything, ask the nurse. We are proud of our customer service, don't hesitate to use it."

The doctor left after saying his part.

"Well, at least he's not as shady as my previous doctor. Now... should I escape?", Harukin muttered lightly. He mused the idea before deciding not to. What the doctor said was true. His mana circuits are working fine, but they are slightly worn out from the recent upgrade. He wouldn't know what he would do if the circuits break due of his impulsive decision.

"Haah, first it is the Haruta sisters who I don't know how to repay. Now it is some strange person who possibly has a high status too. Just how am I supposed to repay my debts?" Harukin muttered under his breath.

"Oh, it seems you know my sisters?" A voice came from the door, and in came a handsome boy.

Harukin has seen many handsome people, but this boy easily tops the charts.

'Well, I'm more handsome than him. Wait, why did I just compare myself to a stranger?'

'He seems familiar. Did I see him somewhere?' Harukin thought.

'No, did he just say 'sisters'? Then he is that Seiji Haruta? I need to confirm. This is getting troublesome.'

"You just said sisters... Are you Seiji Haruta? The infamous depraved-otaku-worth-less-than-garbage-turned-genius, that Seiji Haruta? The one who's discarded by his own family for his shitty actions, but still miraculously redeemed himself out of nowhere and is now racing through the ranks of the spiritual ability users?" Harukin spoke.

He wanted to see if this will get a spike out of him to check if the rumors were true, as well confirm that he's really Seiji Haruta.

"...It seems you've heard of me. Yes, I am that same depraved otaku scumbag turned genius, Seiji Haruta. Surprised?" Seiji spoke.

'Huh, would you look at this? His aura and emotions are perfectly stable. If he truly is that Seiji Haruta, then he is truly admirable. He completely changed himself and accepted his past.' Harukin thought.

Harukin got goosebumps just then. 'He is probably going to be accepted into the Haruta family again. Good thing that he's currently still an exile and probably doesn't have contact with his sisters. If he did, and told them about me, I truly don't know how to face them. Should I be happy about it?'

"Anyway, it seems you know my sisters?" Seiji said.

"And what of it? Do you miss your sisters and want to go back to your family so that you can some sweet time with them?" Harukin spoke sarcastically.

That brought a frown to Seiji's face. "It seems you're grumpy about something. Did I offend you somehow?" 

'He truly changed. His actions, expressions, everything about him is different from the rumors.' Harukin thought.

'Well, since he did 'save' me, even though I didn't require any saving, he still counts as my benefactor, right? Let's be a little civil and act formal. I still have some morals, after all.'

"...I'm sorry for that. I've wanted to see if the rumors were true so I tested you a little. As for your sisters... right, let's just say I owe them a debt."

Harukin paused.

'Wait, it was said that Yui Haruta loves this younger brother of hers. She only exiled him even after he did something like that. So... in other words, this is a chance to repay my debt to her for bringing me to the hospital that time.'

As soon as this idea formed, it seemed increasingly good to him.

"... Say, are you interesting in accepting a teacher? I'm kinda interested in taking in a disciple." Harukin asked.

'If I take care of the cute little brother and make him strong, it should count as me repaying the debt to Yui Haruta, right? In fact, I can repay Seiji too. After all, as he is now, he's still too weak. He should appreciate someone strong like me tutoring him.' He thought proudly.

Seiji thought over a little. Harukin might look like a small kid, but he knows that he shouldn't judge people based on age. Not in the mystical society. And Seiji has a faint premonition that he wouldn't win should he fight the boy. He thought over the boy's proposal, but ultimately, he decided to reject it. After all, he still doesn't know Harukin much, and his credibility is questionable at best..

"Let me declin-", He started, but was cut off by an enthusiastic Harukin.

"Don't be quick to reject it. Think over it carefully. I'm hella strong, you know? I can teach you many things."

"...No, like I was saying, let me decl-" He was cut off mid-sentence again, this time by the same enthusiastic Harukin.

"Like I said, don't be quick to reject it. Right, let me give you an example. If  I wanted to, I can destroy this city with a single finger."

Yup. A Planetary Devastation is all it would take. He can also use Shinra Tensei to achieve the same effect. Not to mention huge AOE-type jutsus he has.

While it seemed that Seiji was thinking over something, the door opened again.

This time, it was Ayami.

"Ho~, as expected. Not only is your mouth evil, your thoughts itself are evil. Tch."

"Shut it. I'm just awesome. Also, aren't you just jelly over the fact that I obtained a power up?"

"With the risk of your life." She said fiercely.

Seeing that she's angry, Harukin shut up. It was never good whenever she becomes angry or irritated. She becomes an illogical monster that only exists to torment his reason.

"You had just one job to do, Harukin. It would've sufficed if you saved the normal humans and tried to mitigate the monster incidents. But NO! You just had to stick your sorry dick in something that could've been disastrous and got your ass kicked."

"Don't insult my dick and ass. They're innocent." Harukin said softly.

That earned him a fierce glare from the woman.

"Stop joking. I'm being serious here. Did you know just how ridiculous what you did was? We could've used some random spiritual ability user to check out the realms for danger before ransacking them. Was it that important for you to check them out yourself?! Huh?! "

"But..."

"Stop retorting to everything I say! The realm you entered is the center of all the realms in the city! Do you get it?! It means that you entered the strongest realm that's powered by practically the whole city. Those sort of realms are rarely entered even by senior members of the Seven Big Clans. What was that about getting a power up? You should be grateful you're even alive. Your idiocy is driving me insane. Are you crazy? Huh? Is that it? You became crazy and wanted to drive me crazy too? Bastard."

After enduring Ayami's complaints-slash-torture for an hour, Harukin's mental state was on the verge of breaking out.

'I mean, although I know she cares about me, isn't this a bit much? She should cool her head. We are just business partners, after all. I'm only showing her favorability because she's useful to me. Tch, she's just a hungry gorilla in heat that complains about not having a boyfriend to a 12 year old. Who does she think she is to lecture This King about what he does?' Harukin had such rebellious thoughts, and started sulking.

He removed all expressions from his face and tuned out the world.

He started inspecting the world around him, and observed the mana to detect how long he was out for.

'A month? Seriously? That's... wow... Even Regeneration EX took that long to heal me?'

He executed a ridiculous suicide jutsu, after all. Even if he controlled it at the end, the damage already occurred before the idea hit him wouldn't get undone. His rewind point was when he already overloaded his mana circuit once, then directed it to his hand. He improved his control thereafter and developed the jutsu enough to allow him to live, so the damage just accumulated. The damage to his soul, spirit, mana circuits are just ridiculous. It was a miracle to even survive, and an even more miracle that he recovered this early and woke up with useable mana circuits.

'Well, good that I survived, I guess?' He thought.


(Ayami Himiki's POV)

Second Day of the Night of Hundred Demons.

Ayami went about doing her job for the Himiki family. She started mitigating the incidents and suppressing them, as well as coordinating a team of Yin-Yang Masters to effectively work towards a single goal. She organized reports from her own team, from higher ups, from other comrades, all sorts of information, and using those to maneuver the battlefield efficiently.

She was praised for her judging ability, ability to maintain the privacy of her clients in her reports, as well as respect her own power by becoming a Yin-Yang master when she was as young as a middle schooler.

She was not interested in fighting herself, but that doesn't mean she's weak. In fact, she's plenty strong. She's one of the strongest Yin-Yang Masters of her age group, even though she only has one spirit branded retainer. She practiced plenty because she wanted to defeat Harukin and regain her pride as a senior, although she always ended up losing. Also, due to Harukin himself training her, she quickly accumulated battle experience, by combating his nonsense shadow soldiers.

Anyway, she's acting as a commander for the battlefield, as well as helping whenever someone was about to be injured heavily.

She quickly raked in achievements and was respected both by her peers, subordinates, and higher-ups, for her thick thinking and appropriate decision making in the battlefield. Of course, she learned it from Harukin was grateful for it, though she wouldn't admit it.

While she was busy managing her area, she received a report.

It seems the city managed by Harukin suddenly went silent. All the monsters in the city have disappeared somehow, and those weird spatial distortions stopped spawning. It was creepy, the report said.

Suppressing the unease she was feeling, she contacted the person who wrote the report. She was told that everything went silent for reasons unknown. She then asked about the shadow soldiers active in the city, and was told that even the shadow soldiers disappeared.

After making more calls to other people, she arrived at a conclusion.

'Harukin disappeared. And somehow, along with his disappearance, every supernatural phenomena stopped functioning.'

She wanted to hurry and check what happened, but she knows her priorities.

'Well, it's Harukin we're talking about. Surely, he did something to take care of the problem and went napping somewhere? I'd be surprised if he even suffered a wound, not from these weak ass monsters. Hmm, if he did suffer a wound or two, I'll have good teasing material to make fun of him for a few months. fufu~'

Was what her thoughts were at the time.

But those thoughts quickly changed into something else when even after two days, Harukin was still missing.

She panicked and made a request to the Himiki clan to investigate. Even though the clan is very busy suppressing the incidents and media, since she contributed greatly these days and proved herself to be a talented commander, they acquiesced.

It was around that time that normal people started gaining super powers somehow. 'The Awakened', is how these individuals are addressed as. By going into the Spirit Worlds, the spatial distortions that seemed to open randomly, they can get powerful very quickly. Quick enough that it alerted the whole mystical society, and the clans started taking in these Awakened, training them for their own use.

Of course, the personnel invested in searching for Harukin was drastically reduced due to the lack of manpower in other important areas. But she still persistently insisted the clan to search for him.

She even used her personal credits to accelerate the process. After almost a week since the New Year's eve, five days from Harukin's disappearance, she was told that there was a strange incident related to the Yoruhana Clan's private hospital. The Yoruhana clan suppressed it, and was written off as nonsense by the mystical society, but the basic incident was like this: It was said there was a strange elementary school kid with long white hair admitted inside the hospital. He sustained serious injuries and the hospital itself has given up on him. But the kid survived, and was recuperating at an unbelievable pace.

When she read the report, she instantly recognized it as Harukin and made a mad dash to the hospital.

She used the Himiki clan's influence to get into the hospital, but was barred from visiting the said person. It seems the Yoruhana clan's youngest daughter is involved in this incident, and her influence was not enough to get through the political barriers. Although the Yoruhana family is not comparable to the Seven big clans, it was still large enough to ignore someone like her.

She previously acted as a judge for a Yin-Yang Master duel involving her, so she used that reason to get closer to her, and after explaining that she's the business partner as well as confidant of the said patient, and agreeing to a few conditions of hers', she eventually obtained permission to visit Harukin

The Yoruhana family itself interfered, but she used almost all of her savings to obtain the help of the Himiki clan and suppressed them. It did help that Harukin is considered a good and talented client of the Himiki clan, so the Himiki clan helped her to investigate further.

When Ayami read Harukin's medical report, she was dumbfounded.

An almost-destroyed mana circuit, crumbling spirit and soul, mangled body, broken and missing bones and body parts, various organ failures, it almost seemed as if it's basically impossible to treat him. But what is ridiculous, is that his body, not to mention dying, is actually recovering at an incredible pace.

It's normally impossible to recover from a damage of this extent, especially the almost destroyed mana circuit and crumbling soul. These things, once damaged, would take a high grade elixir and experienced personnel to recover from, both of which are out of reach for her. Even the Yoruhana family wouldn't be willing to spend that much on their own daughter, not to mention a stranger. So they gave up on treating Harukin, only to be surprised and shocked by Harukin's recovery.

After seeing Harukin's potential, and finding no records of his family, they concluded that he's an orphan, and decided to raise him as their own loyal soldier and suppressed all news of his reports. They went to a great length to obtain Harukin as they planned to brainwash him later into their war machine, which is why it took great pains for Ayami to get access to it. Granted, they are not pleased with it, but she could care less. She can figure out that those old coots were thinking of using Harukin, so she's angry at them. But she'd already used all her influence, power, and resources to get access to Harukin, so she can no more do anything.

She submitted the report to the Himiki clan and requested their assistance in gaining custody of Harukin, which they gladly acquiesced since they'd get hold of a powerful person. Yoruhana family can't shelter a big potential like Harukin. Ayami herself is from the Himiki clan, and she is Harukin's only known friend till date. Surely, Harukin would trust Ayami very much and would be willing to follow her if she said she wanted help?

The Himiki clan then covered up the incident, along with Yoruhana family, which Ayami is grateful for. She's not an idiot and can take a hint. The Himiki clan wanted Ayami to convince Harukin to join them. She didn't care about that much. For her, as long as Harukin is safe, it doesn't matter.

Like that, slowly, a month passed.

During the month, even when Ayami is busy, she found time to visit Harukin at least once a day, dearly hoping that he'd wake up sooner.


(Seiji Haruta's POV)

Two days after New year's eve.

Seiji is chilling in the living room with his adopted sister Shika Kagura.

He is worried about the 'Midnight Spell' (as he calls it), and is on edge about the Night of the Hundred Demons that's been happening these two days, but those are things he can't control at present, so he can only choose to deal with what he can currently, that is saving himself and his friends.

While he's absentmindedly watching the TV and thinking about stuff like that, a person suddenly appeared in the middle of the room and collapsed promptly.

It was a kid looking no older than Reo, who appears to have suffered terrible wounds and is missing a few body parts and organs.

The bleeding just won't stop and Seiji would've believed he's already dead if not for his faint beating heart and labored breaths.

He immediately brought the kid to the hospital and contacted Natsuya.

He previously acted as her temporary spirit branded retainer in a Yin-Yang Master duel, and is also romantically interested in her. She helped him a great deal already, so he's kinda embarrassed to ask her help again so soon, but since it's an emergency, he called her anyway.

After a few tests, it was found out that the hospital can't help save the kid. The damage is just too much. It was a wonder that the kid is even alive.

Seiji can only accept that the kid is beyond saving. He's powerless to do anything.

It was then that a miracle happened.

The kid didn't die even after a few hours, and from conducting the tests again, the doctors concluded that not to mention dying, the kid is recovering himself somehow. I was surreal. 

Then, Natsuya's family intervened and covered up the incident.

From what he heard, it seems the kid is also an 'awakened' who probably awakened an advanced regeneration type power. While his appearance and past was a mystery, it didn't stop the Yoruhana family from wanting to possess him.

Well, he was assured by Natsuya's brother that the kid would be treated fairly, so he can only accept it.

After a few days, a woman came and introduced herself as Ayami Himiki, the kid's friend and business partner.

It was then that he came to know the name of the kid.

Harukin.

He wanted to retort that the name is childish, but chose to remain silent so as to not be rude.

And he also came to another astonishing truth.

That the 'kid' is actually over 12 years old.

'Well, there are all sorts of people in the world.', is what Seiji thought when he learned of that fact.

In the next few weeks, they met one another many times. He even introduced his friends and adopted younger sister to Ayami.

Then one day, when he was visiting the hospital as usual and checking up on Harukin, he discovered that Harukin is awake.

He looked at him dumbly for a while, then remembered that he has to inform the doctor about it.

"It seems you woke up.", he spoke.

The boy, Harukin, turned to his side and checked him out for a while.

Seiji faintly felt that Harukin is circulating his mana, perhaps preparing to defend against attacks.

'Just what happened to him? That he assumes someone who can be considered his benefactor to be some enemy and putting up his guard, is not normal. At least not normal for a 12 year old. It seems he experienced something traumatic?', Seiji thought.

"You don't need to get so tense. I'm not here to bring you harm. It was I who brought you to the hospital when you were collapsed, so you could rest assured that I'm no enemy. I'll call in the doctor. Rest for a while." Seiji tried to reassure him and went to call the doctor.

After the doctor talked with Harukin, he made his way to the room.

That was when he heard Harukin muttering something about 'Haruta sisters'.

"Oh, it seems you know my sisters?" Seiji asked curiously.

The kid thought for a while and answered.

"You just said sisters... Are you Seiji Haruta? The infamous depraved-otaku-worth-less-than-garbage-turned-genius, that Seiji Haruta? The one who's discarded by his own family for his shitty actions, but still miraculously redeemed himself out of nowhere and is now racing through the ranks of the spiritual ability users?" Harukin spoke.

'Well, it seems Ayami's claim that Harukin has a really sharp tongue isn't a false claim at all. But well, just who did he learn talking like that from?', Seiji thought.

He didn't spend much time thinking and answered, "...It seems you've heard of me. Yes, I am that same depraved otaku scumbag turned genius, Seiji Haruta. Surprised?" Seiji spoke.

It seems that shocked the boy a little, judging by the glint in his eyes.

"Anyway, it seems you know my sisters?" Seiji asked again.

He's really curious as to how this boy met his sisters. Their status seemed just so different so he couldn't help but get curious.

"And what of it? Do you miss your sisters and want to go back to your family so that you can some sweet time with them?" Harukin spoke sarcastically.

That brought a frown to Seiji's face.

'I definitely won't do something like that again', Seiji thought while answering, "It seems you're grumpy about something. Did I offend you somehow?"

"...I'm sorry for that. I've wanted to see if the rumors were true so I tested you a little. As for your sisters... right, let's just say I owe them a debt."

Seiji's mouth twitched a little at the sudden change in attitude, but he didn't mind the change.

'Well, at least he's got proper manners. Although, I can't see if it's actually true through that thick formal facade of his.', Seiji thought.

The kid thought about something, and his eyes shined mysteriously.

Somehow, Seiji got goosebumps when he saw that glint, although those eyes are very beautiful.

"... Say, are you interesting in accepting a teacher? I'm kinda interested in taking in a disciple." Harukin asked.

Seiji stilled.

'Did he just say... he wanted to accept me as a disciple? Huh?'

Seiji thought over a little. Harukin might look like a small kid, but he knows that he shouldn't judge people based on age. Not in the mystical society. And Seiji has a faint premonition that he wouldn't win should he fight the boy. He thought over the boy's proposal, but ultimately, he decided to reject it. After all, he still doesn't know him much.

"Let me declin-", He started, but was cut off by an enthusiastic Harukin.

"Don't be quick to reject it. Think over it carefully. I'm hella strong, you know? I can teach you many things."

"...No, like I was saying, let me decl-" He was cut off mid-sentence again, this time by the same enthusiastic Harukin.

"Like I said, don't be quick to reject it. Right, let me give you an example. If  I wanted to, I can destroy this city with a single finger."

That stilled Seiji.

'Huh? Is he a chuuni?', are his only thoughts.

While he was thinking over Harukin's proposal, the door opened again.

This time, it was Ayami.

"Ho~, as expected. Not only is your mouth evil, your thoughts itself are evil. Tch." (Ayumi)

"Shut it. I'm just awesome. Also, aren't you just jelly over the fact that I obtained a power up?" (Harukin)

"With the risk of your life." Ayumi said fiercely.

'Huh, it seems these two really do have a good relationship.', Seiji thought.

"You had just one job to do, Harukin. It would've sufficed if you saved the normal humans and tried to mitigate the monster incidents. But NO! You just had to stick your sorry dick in something that could've been disastrous and got your ass kicked."

'Uh, that's no way to talk to a 12 year old, miss.' (Seiji)

"Don't insult my dick and ass. They're innocent." Harukin said softly.

That earned him a fierce glare from the woman.

"Stop joking. I'm being serious here. Did you know just how ridiculous what you did was? We could've used some random spiritual ability user to check out the realms for danger before ransacking them. Was it that important for you to check them out yourself?! Huh?! "

"But..."

"Stop retorting to everything I say! The realm you entered is the center of all the realms in the city! Do you get it?! It means that you entered the strongest realm that's powered by practically the whole city. Those sort of realms are rarely entered even by senior members of the Seven Big Clans. What was that about getting a power up? You should be grateful you're even alive. Your idiocy is driving me insane. Are you crazy? Huh? Is that it? You became crazy and wanted to drive me crazy too? Bastard."

'Well, it seems Ayami has a lot on her mind. But... what should I do? I can't just leave now. But I feel like a third wheel here. Just bad luck, I guess?' (Seiji)

'Also, it seems the reason he got so many injuries is because he did a reckless thing? And from what Ayami is telling, Harukin should also be fairly powerful. I don't know if he's truly strong enough to destroy a city with a finger as he claimed he could, but he should be very powerful in the mystical society. Why are there no records about him? Did the Himiki clan shelter him too much?' (Seiji)

And, along with Harukin, Seiji listened to Ayami's complaints for nearly an hour.

Of course, the nurse came after that and he was released from the undeserved suffering.

'Should I accept Harukin's offer? I want to become strong enough to protect my friends. Even if I have a system, I can't rely on it too much if I want to be independent. Well, let's ask Natsuya about it.', Seiji thought, escaping from the place.

When he was leaving, he heard Ayami cursing under her breath for interrupting her chance to torture Harukin.

'Well, I may now know where Harukin got his sharp tongue', he thought.


I just wanted to publish Ayami's and Seiji's POV in another two or three chapters, but I chose to combine them all and release them as a single chapter on an impulse.

Please look forward to the next chapter~

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Harukin meets an old acquaintance.

[collapse]

..

Yours sincerely

The emotional sadfuck, Level9ROB

3