Chapter 41
881 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I don't want to run away alone; at least I'll come with you. "

"What are you saying stupid, we will both die if you do that. "

"I will still die if I escape alone; I can't make decisions like you. I will have a tragic death if I go without you. "

She was afraid that he would suffer the same fate as the previous Goblins.

"If that's the case, what can I do? We'll run away together, but you have to be able to match the momentum of my run. Can you do it?."

"I will try. "

"Okay, let's go. Let's say goodbye to our short life. "

"Hahaha, why are you even making jokes like this Mamiko, hahaha. "

Although I don't feel like I'm not making a joke, why is she laughing?

Then I walked closer to where I peeked earlier. Just as I was about to confirm the situation, the Minotaurs started roaring simultaneously. The sound was so loud that the sound waves could knock another stone on its way out.

Even so, I realized that the direction of the vibration was only on the right side. When looking to the left. Not a single Minotaur insight; it seems the siege I feared didn't happen. Instead, the Minotaurs on the right were standing and looking in a direction simultaneously.

I felt the shaking was getting more intense; the cave we were in started to shake slightly. I see the origin of the vibration is from the left side of our blurred path.

It seemed the Minotaurs were on alert for something to come. This is our chance to escape to the left.

"Ludmilla, get ready. We'll be running soon. "

"I've been ready since earlier, just waiting for orders from you. "

Then, I looked back to the front. The tremor that I feel are getting louder. It's possible that soon, this place will collapse, and our escape route will be blocked.

I decided to run right now, right after that. Suddenly the wall from where the tremor came from was destroyed instantly.

A huge hole was created, accompanied by a loud hissing sound.

The Minotaurs responded to the sound with a roar. I could see a shadowy figure starting to move closer from behind the flying dust.

Is it a collection of snakes that were provoked by the previous battle? Whatever it is, snakes are dangerous animals? I have to run immediately.

Just as I moved my foot a step, one of the Minotaur on standby was hit by a spray of purple liquid. Slowly the Minotaur's body smoked, then his skin began to blister, and many wounds appeared around his body.

Wait a minute, what is snake venom. But, why the number can be that much. Perhaps.

The dust that covered the hole began to disappear, a huge blue python was seen. His gaze stared intently at the Minotaurs.

"Haaaa????, why is there a giant Python snake that suddenly appears. "

***

From the side of Severo's group of heroes, they were facing a massive number of enemies.

Even though all the adventurers were already in a defensive formation, the number of monsters that came steadily increased.

In just one slash, dozens of large Devil Monkeys were killed. However, right behind them, many other aids came to attack again.

I, who had been rampaging in the front row, could only reduce their number. I gave command of the line of defense to Lavey.

As I continued to slash at all the Evil Monkeys, an ice magic attack protected my rear side.

When I looked back, it was Lawless.

"Master Severo, please don't go too far. The rear troops will not be able to follow you. "

"I'm just trying to reduce the number of enemies. "

"I see; it seems that the impact of your attack will probably hit the rearguard as well if you are near them. "

In just a moment, Lawless immediately understood something.

"If you already know, at least help me get rid of this Evil Monkey. Why didn't their number decrease at all? "

I also took out one of my moves; I stuck my sword on the ground, then circulated my mana all over the floor.

"Roar, Oh my sword, Flame Inferno. "

Along with my words, many fire spears appeared from the ground that pierced and burned these Evil Monkeys away.

The range of my attack reached the front of the path we were headed for.

"I'm starting to understand what's going on right now, Master Severo. "

Lawless also drew his Greatsword.

"If you know his weakness, tell me quickly. "

Even after receiving my attack, they keep coming, do they number in the thousands.

"I don't know their weakness; it seems that this place is indeed within their territory. "

I saw Lawless slash that froze dozens of Evil Monkeys this time.

"Why is it like that? Should we be chasing goblins right now? "

Every time we spoke, several Evil Monkeys attacked simultaneously. This is indeed one of their strategies, but how can it be like this. Even I didn't see the leader controlling them at all.

"I think the goblin has a certain path used to go out of the dungeon without being caught by the ruler of the Evil Monkey territory. "

"This is strange, if the Zagia kingdom said the difficulty level here is at SSS level, but I feel like it's already inside the Demon King's castle; their numbers and strength are beyond my calculations. "

I'll have to use the same technique to open the gap.

"Master Severo, please don't waste any more of your mana. We still need to be wary of other, more powerful monsters. "

"That's not the case, we're only dealing with three types of monsters, and our troops are already overwhelmed; I'm even thinking of cancelling this mission so everyone can survive. "

"We've only just entered the second floor if you give up so soon. Maybe other adventurers won't accept it. "

"If that's the case, then I must defeat these bastards. "

Right after that, an explosion occurred on both sides of the wall where we were standing.

When I look at both sides, this isn't a joke.

"Lawless, we are surrounded. "

For the first time, I could see Lawless' shocked face.

"Why did Evil Monkeys and Goblin troops suddenly appear. Besides, I felt that something was strange. "

"Am I still forbidden to use my mana, Lawless?."

"It should have stayed like that because the situation became an emergency. We just need to use all means to survive. Still, I am shocked by the change of this place; a straight road can turn into a fork in just a few moments, hahaha. "

This time, it seemed that he was starting to enjoy the challenge we were facing.

"Putting that aside, I feel the Evil Monkey's body size is getting bigger. Gradually their size began to approach humans. "

I'm a little worried about their red eyes. That gaze seemed to say that we would be defeated after this.

While we watched them silently, the two newly arrived troops started walking out.

Suddenly, I saw two fireballs rushing. After that, the flames hit the vanguard of the two newly arrived armies.

"It seems this is Mafalda's doing. "

Suddenly Lawless said that.

When I looked behind me, Mafalda had just broken through the line of Evil Monkeys that passed me earlier.

She arrived beside me in just a few moments.

"Good job, Mafalda. "

"Why is Mafalda here? You should be guarding the back, right? "

However, Mafalda again cast magic towards the front.

"O great heaven, grant me the ability to fight your opponents, Holy Spear Lily. "

Dozens of spears of light began to form behind Mafalda, then a rain of spears of light began to destroy the line of Evil Monkeys. Huge explosions continued to be created as Mafalda's spear of light struck the enemy.

After that, Mafalda immediately gave an order to Lawless.

"Hold the troops on both sides of Lawless. "

Lawless took a step forward; then, he spread his arms out. He cast a spell after his palms were aimed at both sides.

“Stop walking, Exnomus Parna. "

Right after that, suddenly, the hole that had just been created began to freeze, and very thick ice began to form to block the path of the troops that had just arrived from both sides.

"Now, we can focus on looking ahead. "

"I think this will only give us more time. Mafalda, the Hob Goblins' strength is at least on the same level as the Evil Monkeys up ahead. "

Then, Mafalda spoke to me.

"Master Severo, please forgive me; this time, I came with the bad news that the rearguard had been suddenly attacked by the Evil Monkeys; there were as many of them as those at the front. "

"What, then, can they still survive? "

What I feared happened.

"We've managed to make a defense on both sides. However, several B-class adventurers who were guarding the rear had been killed. "

"This is my fault; I should have refused them to come. "

I guess I made the wrong decision again.

"It's not your fault; the monsters this time are at a different ability. Moreover, I keep feeling very strange things. "

"How do you feel, Mafalda?."

"Until now, I couldn't see the level of the monsters at all; their statuses were written with question marks. Even the monster's name didn't appear at all. "

"is that true ?."

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to follow, favorite, rate.

10