Chapter 48
716 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She turned to me.

"Thanks, but I'm fine. After all, I can't trouble the client I'm supposed to protect. "

"Okay. "

For some reason, I felt that Lenora was forcing herself. She will end up like my previous subordinates.

While I was thinking about what I should do, suddenly Lenora was standing in front of me carrying a bowl.

"Eat first, because after this we will be leaving soon. "

"uhm..."

In the end, I just went about my usual routine, eating and getting ready to move on.

At a time like this, all I can think about is how to achieve my goal.

When I was getting ready to put all our luggage in the bag, Lenora walked over to me.

"What are you worried about? "

" there is not any. "

"If you're worried about the troops from the Archana kingdom, they've already retreated. Since we are in the territory of the Zagia kingdom, they will not enter this place easily. "

"Then that's fine. "

"Let's start our next journey. "

After Lenora said that, I was ready to start walking again.

As we walked, Lenora told me her next destination.

"If we keep going forward, we will find the usual path when people enter the border. At the end of the road it will lead to one of the closest cities, namely the city of Arseen. "

"So, shall we go there? "

"No, we will find another way. "

Lenora also walked to the left after saying that.

"Is there a dangerous place there?. "

"I don't know, but from the words of my acquaintances. The city of Arseen was not a good place to rest. "

"Then I will believe you. "

"Thank you Maiko, it's just that you also need to know one thing. I myself have never entered into the kingdom of Zagia, actually this is the first time for me to adventure in this country. "

She said that with her sweet smile.

"Heh?, if that's the case. Looks like it's going to be a fun trip. "

"Eh, you're not worried? "

"Of course not, because Lenora can be relied on. "

"Finally you can think of me as your subordinate. "

"Actually, I already consider you as my friend Lenora. "

"I see, thank you very much. At least, from now on don't say that carelessly Maiko. Because you won't always meet good people. "

"Yes I know it. At least I can trust you. "

Because if I don't believe her, of course, I can't go on this journey.

"Okay, even so. Aren't you curious why I avoided that city even if it was only from what my friend said? "

"Of course I'm also curious, do you intend to tell me your plan? "

"Even though this is not part of the plan, I still have to open up to you. Actually, at the end of the previous path there were a large number of Zagia Kingdom's border guard troops. "

"Uh, what are they gathering for? "

"I think to hold back the army of Archana Kingdom who was chasing the bandits earlier, that's why I decided we should take a detour. "

"This is indeed the right choice. "

"But why did the troops from the Zagia kingdom suddenly move like this? What can cause it?

"Even with the party member status, it looks like we won't be able to get past their checkpoints easily. So, I hope you can accept it. "

"Whatever your decision, I will follow it. "

"However, there are some difficulties we face after this. Like fighting a lot more monsters and the available safe locations may be few. "

"I will help you as much as I can. "

"I think that's all we can discuss. Since we've decided to pass through Arseen city, then we should at least pass through the second city of Nagal. "

"Yes, let's do it with passion. "

In the end, we walked into the depths of a very dense forest.

This journey had been a long one, as Lenora had said before. Countless monsters were standing in our way, like Slimes, mini goblins, or undead troops that appeared randomly.

At least, in the face of it all. Lenora was able to anticipate it beforehand so we wouldn't have too much trouble defeating them.

Once a day, we would rest for a few hours to recover our strength. Even so, reaching Nagal city still took three more days.

I feel that the journey I have gone through has two things that I can feel. It is joy and worry.

As usual, at this time, we were just leaning on a treed area which was relatively safe.

"Apparently, we don't need to rush to set up the tent anymore. "

Lenora herself looked exhausted as she said that.

"At least, let me be on guard for the night. You must rest. "

"You're aware, aren't you? "

"Anyone will also realize if they see your eye bags are so black. "

"Is that so?, as you said. I'm a little tired. But, why do you now look so excited Maiko?."

"Do I look like that? "

"Clearly, is there anything you're worried about? "

I was hesitant to talk about this to her because it was already discovered. I guess I said what I felt.

"I just felt like I was going on a really fun adventure, meeting all kinds of monsters while defeating them. It felt really good. "

"Uh, I see. Besides, I have good news for that too. You are already at level 30, so the points you earn can be used to strengthen your abilities. "

"Heh, I leveled up? but, how can that be. Even though I'm not an adventurer? ."

Lenora also took her adventurer card; then she showed it to me.

"I told you before, now you are a member of my party. Automatically the results of our cooperation will be divided according to the number of attacks and monsters that we defeat. Moreover, you also get a bonus for going on an adventure with a rank B like me. Hence, you can level up and level up pretty quickly. "

"This is great, why is there a system like this in this country. "

I was blown away by the little card, just by adventuring for a few days. I was able to get something that would require years of training.

"I told you, your country's system is far behind. Besides, adventurer jobs are the things that are most in demand besides being soldiers and merchants. The faster you level up, the more benefits you get every month. "

"I see, from now on I will try harder. "

After smiling at me, Lenora repeated something.

"There's still something else you want to say, right? "

"About that, I'm actually a little worried about the kind of monsters we'll be dealing with. For the past few days I've been watching you keep pushing yourself to find a safe enough path, but if we meet a dangerous monster. "

I couldn't continue what I was saying because I didn't want to make Lenora think about it.

"Stupid, this is the risk faced by those who venture in harsh areas. You should be aware of this. Since we both come from out of town, such a hard life has become our habit. If indeed our luck is not good, maybe tomorrow we will die. However, if we put our hope in the god we believe in, it will give us the strength to endure no matter what. "

When I heard Lenora's words, I was reminded of my life being saved by that god.

For some reason, I haven't seen him again.

"Hmm... you're right. Sorry for worrying you. "

When I looked at her, Lenora was already sound asleep.

I walked over and covered her with a blanket so he wouldn't get cold.

"Good evening Lenora. "

After that, I sat back down where I was before while observing the surroundings.

When thinking about the god who saved me, is he the same god I've always believed in?

In the Dazaifu empire, we do honor many gods. However, I don't know who the god that saved me was in the end.

The fact that I had been killed was indisputable, but suddenly I was rescued and ordered to meet a general from the Ameyama Clan.

Does this mean Ameyama Mamiko will become my friend so that I can go back and have everything? Whatever it is, I will find it and save it. Since she's enslaved, I'll make her indebted to me.

***

Things returned to the cave we were in; after waiting a while, Ludmilla started to burn some of the animals she had caught.

"Well, I feel lucky that I managed to find a wild slug in a place like this, it seems the grass here is quite helpful for us. "

Seeing how sticky the creature was and how unhygienic it was to cook it, I had no appetite.

"I think this is much better than not eating. "

I kept trying to suggest that in front of me was a boiled octopus with a shell on it.

"Looks like it's ripe, I'll taste it first. "

Ludmilla started to eat the ripe snails.

"although it tastes bland, but it's not too bad. If you add salt, it will probably be perfect. "

"at least don't ask for more, if the pool on our side is sea water. Maybe we will really die now. "

"Is sea water undrinkable?."

Why would she even ask such a stupid question?

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to follow, favorite, rate.

10