Ch-135: Is Pride Really Just A Sin?
694 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The violet Viola-like soft, powdery and romantic fragrance played up to create a very feminine fragrance—passed through the nasal cavity and penetrated into his lungs.

Allowing Roy to give birth to a leisurely sense of wandering in the garden of flowers, chasing and strolling under the warm sun, picking up the fruits under trees and drinking the immortal nectar lying like dew on the invigorated leaves.

Small critters with bright eyes and bushy tails circling around him. 

Zntk-! 

With a wave, this soothing warmth was sucked away and replaced by the coldness of death! 

The bleak chill and harrowing death blew away the soul, threatening to blow it away from the body, making him annoyed to no reason why he was thrown from the heaven to the netherworld, falling into the land of deads.

If it was the world of 'Campione', even if he falls into the underworld, he will be accompanied by the Goddess Athena, but if he dies in the Kingdom of Shadows, the only ending left for him will be to become a slave to that daredevil madwoman, for eternity.

soft~

As Roy regained his consciousnesses, he found himself on something soft, this milky white feeling pulling him to savour it more. 

This marshmallowy feeling...this pillow like softness...this that may fell like heaven... 

Wait... 

'Lap pillow!'

The rich experience made Roy visualize instantly, he opened his eyes quickly, and a sensual dark purple figure caught his eyes! 

It was different from Pandora's when he woke up in the Astral world. At that time, when he opened his eyes, all he saw was a flat airport, he could meet with Pandora's face right at a glance, but now his sight was blocked by two majestic mountains. 

All he could see were a pair of ruby red eyes peeking down on him from in between the deep gully formed by two curvaceous mountains. 

The eyes were not cold and ruthless like before, but are more gentle and comforting like a big sister next door.

The temperature and drowning feeling on the back of the head also felt completely different. 

Pandora is just a pure loli, lying on her lap is as if resting on a wooden board, but Scathach is completely different. 

Her thighs are plump, strong and athletic—neither too soft nor too taut, it is very comfortable to doze on with eyes closed.

For a moment Roy just wanted to close his eyes and enjoy this for a little more while he can, but a trance flashed through his eyes, soon the humiliation akin to a torture flashed before his eyes, his mind thundered clear. 

Springing up on his legs, he eyed the innocent faced witch warily.

No doubt, she was exactly the same madwoman wrapped in purple who was chasing after him with a spear alongwith a twisted smile on her face—now acting like a cute wifey. 

The Witch of Dún Scáith looked enchanting and seductive, exuding a deep and confusing femininity. 

Even he had to admit it, Scathach, though being lunatic, is also a women with femininity and assiduity, combining heroism and seductiveness into one.

As if being both a virtuous wife and a majestic heroic queen, and that at the same time. 

"Why didn't you kill me?"

Eyeing Scathach who was just sitting on the ground keeping mum, with two ominous crimson red spears flagged into the soil, not far behind her, Roy thought for a while and took the initiative to speak out.

"Before you went into coma, do you remember what you said? C!nderella? Apple?"

Scathach's face mask covered half of her face, her lips speaking softly, water-like softness dripped from those burgundy eyes, like the freshness of spring.

But... 

Still he felt, if he answered something specifically wrong, for some reason his situation won't look good. 

Trusting his instincts, Roy avoided the calamity from the 'witch who fed poisoned apples'. 

Roy raised his brows and shook his head honestly: "I only remember chatting about runes, nothing after that."

At that time, his thinking was so focused on combat that no other observation passed his senses. 

All of his will and thoughts were thinking about how to defeat this woman, how to crack a hole in this impenetrable wall and swim right through it, where would he have the energy to pay special attention to what he or she said.

"Can't remember? That's ok, you just need to know that your courage, will and strength have won my approval."

Scathach fiddled with a loose strand of her purple hair that adorned her like a crown and explained gently.

"When did I even asked for your approval."

Roy's tone left out a little discombobulated, or maybe even a little childishly stubborn, he knew that too. 

But, so what? 

Although he was once pitted back hard in Toaru world, from then it has only been a journey of rise, even if countless perils arrived—they still couldn't stop his rise. 

Naturally, like all Campiones he was also prideful in his heart. And, why not? He was the strongest being there if one didn't take in account the sleeping Last King. 

Being kicked back from his course into the dust, naturally it was not a pleasing experience. 

Putting it bluntly, he was still immature, or too young. Putting it harshly, Aleister's son was in his puberty. 

But this is also natural. 

From the time Roy truly mastered his power to now, in fact, it only took more than two years, and he was able to ascend to the sky in one step, no treading one step at a time like normal warriors—without going through the process of changing from weak to strong at all.

With his current strength, if he were to go into the Type-Moon World, except for a few people, with his strength nobody on the bright side would be his opponent, all will lose their penny. 

Those Heroic Spirits who are difficult to defeated by modern magicians would not be a big fish in front of Roy's powers. The Heroic Spirits are way weaker than Heretic Gods.

But it remains to be judged if his luck should be considered good or bad. Instead of going inside the world, he was dropped to the outside of the world. 

Scathach was not angry about Roy's dissatisfaction and arrogance. In her opinion, Roy is just a child. 

She has taught countless Celtic mythical heroes, and every one of them when first became her disciple, all had the same attitude.

It's just that Roy's strength will be strongest of the disciples she has ever taught, even stronger than Cú Chulainn when he was in his peak. 

"I don't hate your arrogance. On the contrary, I rather appreciate and like it. If people don't even have self-esteem and pride, they can just dig a hole and live with that cowardly and humble self. I don't like such people...but, arrogance must have a boundary."

"First of all, you must understand yourself, know where your limits are, know your talents, and know your shortcomings. Only in this way can your arrogance be meaningful and even used as a weapon."

"Pride is not just a sin."

"In fact, the seven sins...are also the treasures of Mankind. Just like justice cannot be judged as good or evil—it will remain relative for eternity. The sins and virtues depends on how the holder uses it."

"Consumed by it? Or, burn it as fuel for rampant progress."

Scathach pulled out a magic wand and used it as a pointer. 

The gentle and stern tone made Roy think of the scene where he was criticized by the teachers in the past without any reason, causing the corners of his lips to twitch.

"You have unlimited room for growth, and I am also looking forward to your growth. Don't let me down, disciple."

As Scathach smiled, she slowly stood up from the ground, and as she stood up straighter than a flag pole, her seductive and demon-burning posture also became awe-inspiring, and the rapid change in her temperament made Roy speechless.

Roy wanted to interject but he closed his mouth in the end. When he first became a Campione, unknown to the ways of the world he used arrogance as his weapon, as he already had the strength to back it. 

To become the one who takes advantage instead of being who is taken advantage of, he used arrogance and pride as his sword and shield to face the world.

But, he had relied on it too much....

He knew that so he couldn't bring himself to revoke her words. 

"I see. There's always another wider sky above the sky. So, I just have to become that sky."

Roy nodded with a reminiscing smile. The smile held many emotions—complicated and relieving. 

"Um, can be taught."

Scathach smiled slightly, a soft but sharp voice escaped from the cherry moist lips under the mask.

"I don't know what your name, foreigner."

"Roy, Roy Crowley!"

It's just a name, there was nothing to hide about that. 

"Well, then Roy, what's your goal for coming here?"

Scathach gave a light "um", and after a pause, she added: "Be honest and voice the true thoughts from your heart."

He wanted to say: I didn't want to come here by myself, it was just an accident; but Roy who opened his mouth, finally fell silent as his words got swallowed back.

What are his true thoughts deep from his heart? Why did he come here, and what he wanted to find? Actually, Roy already had the answer–

"Look for an opportunity to become stronger!"

Yes, this was his real purpose. No shit accident, it was his desire—the desire which is touted as a sin—that was his fuel that pushed him here. 

Scathach nodded with satisfaction, and continued with a uplifted expression: 

"Then your opportunity is here, to become my disciple, I will teach you everything I know!"

"Your disciple? As a teacher, you don't even dare to show your face. This kind of half-concealed behavior is only adopted by those who have ghosts in their heart."

Roy didn't know why he replied like that. Was it just his instinct to revoke her words somehow? Or.....something else? 

Whatever.....

His opportunity was here! 

___________________________

Yeah, many people are vexed out on this sudden downfall in many things. Let's make things clear—

Roy was a little ego man from the Campione arc, purposely, Scathach is there to straighten him out, so he can use it at right place. You just have to understand, a mc can face many life, character and values challenges too, he is not always at the right top. 

He was literally a normal person before, later after becoming a campione he took pride as his bulwark and things went right with his top strength. Roy never started from the lower point, he doesn't know how to be of a lower hierarchy, that's why his emotions are all over the place. 

Without, both strength and character challenges, how can he become the BEAST777? The BEAST of Perfection?

33