God-King-Divine-Emperor Thing
112 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday's outing has meant that work has again piled up. Anyone who thought that being emperor means they can live a decadent life hasn’t seen reality. No, perhaps they’ve just looked at the Yanzhou. 

I’ve been mostly working on meetings from emissaries. Diplomacy is an important part of any state. It also means I can leave all the paperwork to other people. Ah, the sacrifices that I have to make. Sadly, this means I've been listening to minor states complaining about one thing or another. I’ve been stuck on this throne for almost the entire day. Currently I'm in a meeting with the Arrian delegates. This is an important meeting. I don’t want to anger their god-king-divine-emperor-thing at all. I don’t think I have many generals who can match up to his tactical wit. Certainly not me. Perhaps Duke Whyte. The point is a treaty with Mr. Divine is probably the best course of action. I look at Andrea. He, yes, he is currently explaining the desires of Arria. Mostly it’s about poor Rien people being oppressed. Andrea is normally a feminine name. Could that be different in Arria. I’m going to have to research Arria a bit more. 

“Perhaps I should meet with your emperor to discuss such a treaty.” I wouldn’t mind giving some land concessions for gold. A treaty might also bring stability to the western area. Plus, this is the guy who murdered my father. I might have to send assassins but I doubt that would work. No, I don’t have such a big familial bond. He was a horrid father. Not that I could blame him. He sucked as paperwork, getting stuck every day in the office must have been hell for him. 

“That could be arranged,” He says giving me a noncommittal answer. Well it doesn’t really matter. I can make a treaty and just send it to him. I also hate those emotionless faces. Goldwell is the same. At this point I'm certain half of his evil smiles are just my imagination. Either that or I'm really good at picking up subtle clues. 

Hours later I trudge into the office. I see Elizabeth is still working. Does she have any hobbies? 

“I brought dinner.” I hand her a plate. She then begins eating the food. “Feel weird anywhere?” 

“Why would you ask that?” She stops eating and looks at me. 

“Well my taste taster just died and I haven’t found a replacement yet.” I begin. 

“So, your using me to check the safety of the food?” She asks arching her left eyebrow.  

“Yes.” 

“I don’t see the logic in that. It could be slow acting poison.” She says. Her logic is sound, but I still have one very good reason. 

“Even then you’ll still go down before me. That would give me around a ten-minute warning to get help.” 

“I see you have thought this through.” She responds she then plops a stack of papers toward me. “You’re lucky, I've finished most of the paperwork today, these just need your approval and we should be done for today.” 

I know. I’m almost certain that neither of us has eaten anything substantial all day. What would I do without her? 

“At least we won’t have to deal with the region of Merey anymore.” 

“That should get rid of at least a quarter of our work. Might I suggest finding someone to deal with Wonsan as well.” She says. 

“Even if we did that, we’d still have to pay close attention to the region. No, it’s better to keep it under imperial control for now.” 


A/N: I should note that Elizabeth is immune to poisons, so James is just plain lying and they both know it. Also I never said I'd only do one chapter on Saturdays and Wednesdays, just that I would post them on those days. Also despite how badass William is, he didn't spend a lot of time with his family. Not that I can say that it is his fault

0