Normality is relative
88 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m so glad that you decided to visit me.” Sibylla says giving me a smile. She continues sitting on the couch. 

“I’ve been busy, thankfully work has lessened meaning I could allocate some time.” I say sitting down on the couch across the table. She takes a sip of tea. 

“I heard that you have been meeting with the Arrian delegation a lot lately. Is there going to be a war?” She asks taking another sip of her tea. 

“No, I've been working to end the ceasefire. If everything works out the war should end and peace will be restored.” I say. Really, I feel like everything I do in my reign is to fix my father's screw ups. Then again, he never really trained to become emperor. Hell, I never trained either. I’m surprised that the empire hasn’t fallen apart. No, even me dying won’t be enough for it to collapse. This empires foundation might be weak but its will is not. The people truly see themselves as part of one nation.  

“You do know that men who always work are not popular with the ladies.” She says shaking her head. 

“I don’t think I'll need to worry about that.” Being the emperor is good enough to handle any of my other flaws. I also command over the most powerful empire in the world. Even the god emperor in Arria should quiver in his boots... does he even wear boots? Whatever, he shall fear me and my mountain of paperwork. No force in the world can fight a well-oiled empire. The might of the Allonian economy is scary.  

“Yes, your good looks leave little to desire. If only you didn’t have your weird personality.” She says giving an exaggerated sigh. Why do I even keep her around? Actually, why does no one close to me have any respect. I’m emperor god damn it. 

“I think I have a perfectly good personality.” Unlike many rulers I'm not crazy. I can also get along with others. Also, I'm one of three people with the title emperor. One of the emperors is a lazy degenerate who probably doesn’t know what's going on in his empire. The other one is Mr. Divine whose ego is probably the only thing greater than him. I’m also certain he is not human. I mean what kind of human can lift a bolder?  

“Should I even begin asking what standards you are using.” I then notice a shadow at the door. Privacy is a luxury in this palace. It leaves just as quickly as it appeared. 

“My standards are perfectly normal. At least I can say I'm a decent human being.” I proclaim. I can’t help it if everyone else is weirder than me.  

“Perhaps, but I remember you kidnapping me.” She says giving me a pointed glance. 

“If I remember you were a stowaway.” One that I am very curious about. The blue hair reminds me of a certain family. I am extremely curious. Sadly, I doubt that I will find any answers so easily. 

“Still I somehow ended up here of all places.” 

“Just blame your bad luck, you piqued my interest.” You don’t often meet someone with such strange a hair color. Most people have brown hair. “I also remember you agreeing to come here.” 

“Well, it was not a hard choice. This is a really great life.” She says taking another sip of tea. “I don’t have to do anything I don’t want to.” 

Ah what a life that is. I feel like I'm always busy. I think the first thing I should do is research Arria a bit more. The summit will be held in Citriria but I should still be prepared. I would never want to insult another country. Specifically, Arria and its military of fanatics. 

“I’ve also heard that you are meeting with the Arrians. Are they not monsters without a shred of emotions?” She asks. 

“No, in fact they are a highly religious society that worships their emperor as a divine being. Perhaps a living god could be the best term for him. Anyway, their society doesn’t like expressing emotions but they can if they so desire.” It’s more like they are suppressing their emotions. 

“So, they’re like the Goldwell family.” That comparison hits to close to home. 

“Yes, they are almost exactly like the Goldwell family.” I wouldn’t be surprised if the Goldwell family has Arrian origin. 


A/N: I must say, that this week has been busy. I can't wait for the weekend. So here is the chapter for today. Sibylla is honestly the kind of character that watches from the sideline and rarely interferes. So for the world building trivia of the week we will be talking about Citriria, the location where a new treaty shall be forged. It is a dual monarchy, though when I say dual monarchy I'm referring more to Sparta than Austria-Hungary. Though two leading cultures is similar to Austria-Hungary. It is a center of diplomacy between Riens and Altons, mostly between Arria and Allonia. Also the Republic of Hertland used to be a territory of Citriria before it broke away.

0