Dear old buffoon
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the piece of paper in front of me. I cannot believe my eyes, that goddamned child actually dared to insult me like this. 

Dear old buffoon, 

I hereby release you of your duty as Field Marshal of the grand forces of The Allonian Empire. You are no longer fit to lead the armies, why don’t you go back to the countryside and retire. I have already chosen your successor so you need not worry caring about the post until one is chosen. Please focus on your health and spend some time with your family. May our next meeting be full of joy and celebration. 

Yours truly, His Majesty, James E. Asherton 

Well it seems like he is moving. However, his mistake was making me his enemy. I am the most senior general in Allonia, with my own eyes I have seen three wars. Even more through each of them I have been victorious. Well, it was a smart move on his part. I’m actually surprised it took him so long to make this decision. Perhaps he was waiting until the last moment. Perhaps he just doesn’t think that far into the future. 

I look down at the other piece on the desk. Our forces are fully mobilized and ready to begin. All I need to do is send the word and we can begin our war to free this empire of that tyrant. 

“Harold, I need you to do something for me.” I speak out.  

“What is it your Grace?” He asks. He probably already knows what I am going to ask him to do. 

“I will need some couriers to send an important message. Also, I want you to buy a supply of nonperishable foods. We need to prepare for a siege.” There is the very likely possibility that James will try to invade by sea. This can be considered as likely due to the fact that he has a complete monopoly on the navy. I cannot let him take Widewich with such ease. I have the benefit of defendable borders. If I can take Tonsia the entirety of the west will be under my control. I then take out my pen. I think it is time to make this official. No longer will I tolerate this child making a mockery of the throne. 

Dear James E. Asherton, 

I am greatly saddened by your message. I have already given you my advice on how to handle the future of the country. You have however thrown my advice out the window and have insulted me. I cannot take this lying down. If you continue on this path, I will be forced to put you down. If you by some miracle come to this realization disarm your military and step down from the throne. However, if you do not stop, I declare, by my right written in article 3 of The Treaty of Merey, that I am seceding from the Empire. I shall protect allonian culture. Tradition must be upheld. 

Yours truly, Duke of Widewich, Robert M. Whyte 

I then take out the letters I had prepared. Announcing the secession from Allonia to my allies. Upon getting this letter they too will secede. James will try to stop up, but when he does, we will defeat him. 

“I want the fastest couriers to send these messages. Have another slower courier send this message to the emperor.” I say handing him the group of letters. He takes them into his hands. 

“It will be done your grace.” He then walks out of the room. Thus, begins the second allonian civil war. 

I guess I will need to take up my sword once more. These old weary bones of mine can’t fall apart now. We stand at a turning point in history. Whatever the future of Allonia will be, will be decided by this war. Will I be seen as a hero or a villain? I shouldn’t be thinking these thoughts, what I am doing is right. I will have god on my side. I will not be stopped.  


A/N: Well the start of the civil war is upon us. Whether or not it was inevitable is hard to say. I'll let you guys form your own opinion. I also want to know what you think of Duke Whyte. As for more world building. We'll talk about Southland. It is a small nation located in the north. Let is be known names are not always indicative. Anyway it is a small country that keeps to itself. It mostly focuses on agriculture and doesn't have a lot of terrain. It also used to be part of the Kingdom of Felworth before it broke away.

0