Chapter 14: The Surface World
500 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

J: “Welp” “No other option but to head out, I doubt the inhabitants of this world will leave this meteor site unchecked for long, even if I have moved the actual meteor.” And so, crawling out of his meteoric home, Jack swims into open water. The various aquatic life living there would be hard pressed to notice Jack’s lithe form cruising along the ocean floor, using it to propel himself forward as he made his way to the nearest land mass.

A very bright place, this place had long fields of turquoise-colored grass, and here and there very thin trees dotted the landscape, all slowly moving in a faint breeze. In these fields were various critters, some were fluffy and hopped on four legs, grazing on the grass, others flew between the thin trees with, feathered, bat-like wings, and preyed on the grazers. And as Jack watched, he could’ve sworn he saw one of the trees branches snatch a flyer that brushed one of its blue leaves right out of the air, disappearing into its dense branches.

“Well this is a very interesting start, it’s a nice change from that watery planet.” Now pulling his entire body out of the water, he stood up, and for the first time, he showed his true height, breathing in the air around him, before slouching down again to walk. With him being as large as he is, and with his multi-jointed, he covered ground quickly, along the way he experimented with the wild-life, touching one of the trees it tried to pull him, but only succeeded in getting its branches ripped off so Jack could sate his curiosity, turns out is has a ‘bald spot’ in between its branches that has a gaping hole containing an acidic pool that dissolved the creatures it pulled in. Not long after he departed, he came across a forest of much larger trees, with much thicker trunks and branches, some of them even reached up to his thigh, some grabbing at him, some simply let themselves be pushed out the way. Peering under the canopy revealed a sprawling ecosystem of bugs, critters, and others that remained to be seen.

“This really is a nice world, vicious, but nice.” “I wonder if there’s any sentient life here, or should I just chill…” “Nah, they might still be underwater somewhere, this whole planet is bursting with life, I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re just hiding.” Breathing in another large breath of fresh air, Jack exhaled happily “Though I think It’d be fine to just relax here forever…”

“Maybe I could build a- Castle?” Coming into Jacks view was a clearing in the trees where a large triangle shaped building stood, surrounding it was a circular wall, both seemingly made from a sturdy beige-colored material shaped into brick shapes, protruding from the center of the triangle building was a small pyramid with its corners aligned with the tall triangle’s. “That’s… not naturally made.”

“So much for relaxing…”

14